Sign in to follow this  
Phyxius

Barnsley v Norwich 26/2/11 - The Sun Ticket Deal

Ran a search for a similar thread but couldn''t find one so apologies if there already is.The Sun newspaper is running a football ticket promotion by which you collect 4 tokens from there paper and you can get 2 tickets for the Barnsley v Norwich game for £19.50.More information is herehttp://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fun/competitions/promotions/article2825850.eceand here http://apps.facebook.com/sunfootball/

Well then. All you anti-Sun activists can collect the tickets, save yourself some money then burn the paper in protest if you like.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Presumably you have to buy the sun 4 times though....Don''t think its worth it :P[/quote]

I''ve bought the Sun eight times in order to get my young family and cheap holiday in this lovely country of ours, and I felt it more than worth it :p

CT, what the hell would you know about the working class when you''re just a boy? I suppose you''re a Guardian reader?

Just a quick question, as I am confused (Doesn''t take a lot!). Is it 2 tickets for £19.50 (i.e. £9.75 each) or 2 tickets that will both cost £19.50? How it''s worded in the paper, it''s a total of £19.50 for both tickets, but I don''t know if it is, because Barnsley are charging £26 for adults for home fans, which would presumably be the same for away fans, and so a total of £19.50 for 2 tickets seems too much of a good deal

posted this on friday and you only have to buy the paper twice as when you register online you get a token anyway!!

[quote user="CT"]I''m planning to go to Barnsley anyway and I dont want to have buy a grotty working class newspaper like the sun anyway![/quote]

Hahahaha.

I haven''t posted on here for a while, but you continue to get worse and worse (or better and better for those of us who like a laugh whilst reading the forum)...

[quote user="CT"]I''m planning to go to Barnsley anyway and I dont want to have buy a grotty working class newspaper like the sun anyway![/quote]So am i a grotty working class person for buying the Sun now and again??

Ten pairs of tickets at the promo price is a joke.

I phoned our ticket office at lunchtime, following the instructions in the Sun to the letter. All the guff about reserving your tickets etc in the paper is rubbish - they said they were first come first served at the ticket office tomorrow to whoever produced the form with 4 tokens on it.

How can you have already got the tickets, I phoned the ticket office earlier and they said we can''t get them until after showing the 4 tokens, and the 4th isn''t issued until Tomorrow?!

[quote user="ryan1992"]How can you have already got the tickets, I phoned the ticket office earlier and they said we can''t get them until after showing the 4 tokens, and the 4th isn''t issued until Tomorrow?![/quote]If you print out the online booking form you only need three tokens as they give you a bonus one!http://www.sunfootball.co.uk/

[quote user="Jin"]Is it seriously 10 pairs of tickets and 1st come 1st served??[/quote]That is what I was told in the ticket office at 2.30 this afternoon, I only went in for Leeds tickets, but saw Barnsley tickets by the tills and asked how many they had. I had to go home for the form and tokens and back to Carrow Road to make sure I didn''t miss out.

Seriously? This is a joke! I have bought the Sun religiously the last few days to make sure I get my four tokens, and now the club have 20 TICKETS at this price for away fans?

In the paper, it gives the home club number, I wonder if we can phone barnsley direct and get a pair of tickets from them instead in the away end.

If not, this really is a scam! I have spent £1.20 on the sun the last 4 days and gone inot my shop specially for it!

[quote user="Pabs"]Seriously? This is a joke! I have bought the Sun religiously the last few days to make sure I get my four tokens, and now the club have 20 TICKETS at this price for away fans?

In the paper, it gives the home club number, I wonder if we can phone barnsley direct and get a pair of tickets from them instead in the away end.

If not, this really is a scam! I have spent £1.20 on the sun the last 4 days and gone inot my shop specially for it![/quote]These two words don''t look quite right together, do they ?