Sign in to follow this  
adycanary

Concert Confirmed

Whilst JLS are not my cup of tea, a lot of you appear to be forgetting that other posters may have children or grandchildren who are going to be taken by them, or else they like JLS themselves - there''s no accounting for taste [;)]As for music that football fans like; that''s as diverse as we are so a HUGE ask to get a band in that we all like.I''d love to see Iron Maiden or G&R but there will many NCFC fans who don''t like that kind of music. The club have to go with what they think will benefit the club best.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Captain Holts Derby Day HatTrick"]Any decent guitar band WAY.[/quote]

Such as?  C''mon give us a clue as to who you would pay to go and see at CR who would also get well supported [:)]

Try and suggest it to the club, you never know in the future .....

[/quote]It is difficult to know who would be big enough to sell enough tickets for a concert at Carrow Road, without being too big to play such a small venue WAY.  Especially given the dreadful musical taste and urge to support talentless nonsense that the majority of people have in this country these days.

G&R are you kidding me, did you see them at Reading festival last year ! G&R from the 90''s is a different story but not now, not even the same group anymore, just Axel Rose hanging on to the G&R name for as long as he''s alive.

I didn''t. Saw them at Donington back in 2007 (I think! Tool and Metallica headlined the other 2 nights) and thought they were excellent, I still think Chinese Democracy is a fine record, but then again I would.

How about Muse?

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]I saw G&R at Donnington, Monsters of Rock back when Bon Jovi headlined in 1987.Metallica, WASP, Cinderella and Dio - support band -  were on the bill.[/quote]oops, getting old - it was 1986.1987 Iron Maiden headlined with KISS in support

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Whilst JLS are not my cup of tea, a lot of you appear to be forgetting that other posters may have children or grandchildren who are going to be taken by them, or else they like JLS themselves - there''s no accounting for taste [;)]As for music that football fans like; that''s as diverse as we are so a HUGE ask to get a band in that we all like.I''d love to see Iron Maiden or G&R but there will many NCFC fans who don''t like that kind of music. The club have to go with what they think will benefit the club best.[/quote]Maiden and G&R not exactly my taste WITS, but at least they both have some serious talent.  They would probably sell out a 20,000+ venue easily too I guess?  How many JLS songs will be remembered by anybody in 20 or 30 years time?  How many concerts with even a 2,000 capacity will they be playing in just ten years time?  That kind of size concert venue and your safest bet is to be looking at a band that has been there done it and has had a bit of a cult following, or alternatively a gamble on a band that is commercially popular and usually pretty talentless.Norwich badly needs a decent concert venue in my opinion, as it something which is sadly lacking from our City at the moment.

[quote user="dejanstenfanovic"]G&R are you kidding me, did you see them at Reading festival last year ! G&R from the 90''s is a different story but not now, not even the same group anymore, just Axel Rose hanging on to the G&R name for as long as he''s alive.[/quote]haha yep I did see that... truly shocking!We should have seen if we could''ve squeezed PULP in before or after this years Glastonbury that they are sure to play I reckon?  Different Class was commercial enough to be remembered, but they were never massive apart from that one album and they are making their big comeback this year.  I wonder if Jarvis has totally lost it yet???  I reckon that they will put on some really good shows this year and would be well worth seeing!

Sir Cliff Richard is performing in Japan on the last leg of a successful world tour. The audience go wild as Cliff asks them if there is anything he can sing especially for them.

''Tits and fanny!'' scream the audience.

''I can''t sing that'' says Cliff. I''m a devout Christian.

''Tits and fanny!'' scream the crowd.

''Oh, come on'' says Cliff.

''Tits and fanny!'' scream the crowd.

'' Okay, okay'' says Cliff ''But I don''t know how it goes''

''Tits and fanny'' …sing the crowd in unison..''… how we don''t talk anymore.''

Sorry bad i know.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands"]I''d love to see Iron Maiden [/quote]First saw Maiden on their "World Piece Tour" back in 1983 at the Ipswich Gaumont.

CAn I just point out :-1. I am entirely heterosexual (Sorry if any of you were hoping otherwise)2. The tickets weren''t for me.3. Yep, WAY, sorted ta.[:)]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Whilst JLS are not my cup of tea, a lot of you appear to be forgetting that other posters may have children or grandchildren who are going to be taken by them, or else they like JLS themselves - there''s no accounting for taste [;)]

As for music that football fans like; that''s as diverse as we are so a HUGE ask to get a band in that we all like.

I''d love to see Iron Maiden or G&R but there will many NCFC fans who don''t like that kind of music. The club have to go with what they think will benefit the club best.
[/quote]

Maiden and G&R not exactly my taste WITS, but at least they both have some serious talent.  They would probably sell out a 20,000+ venue easily too I guess?  How many JLS songs will be remembered by anybody in 20 or 30 years time?  How many concerts with even a 2,000 capacity will they be playing in just ten years time?  That kind of size concert venue and your safest bet is to be looking at a band that has been there done it and has had a bit of a cult following, or alternatively a gamble on a band that is commercially popular and usually pretty talentless.

Norwich badly needs a decent concert venue in my opinion, as it something which is sadly lacking from our City at the moment.
[/quote]

Actually went to the Madness concert at the Showground, fantastic day and night, but they won''t be holding anymore there apparently, ideal venue AFAIC

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Cliff Richard would be a great crowd puller!
[/quote]

Hahahaha really?  Each to their own.

His sister lives down the road from us

[quote user="morty"]CAn I just point out :-

1. I am entirely heterosexual (Sorry if any of you were hoping otherwise)

2. The tickets weren''t for me.

3. Yep, WAY, sorted ta.

[:)]
[/quote]

Good [Y]

well norfolk spectacular is there this summer, nbubz, tinnie tempah, taio cruz, tinchy stryder so far confirmed. Not realy my cup of tea but are pretty big in the music ind at the moment.

Sorry to admit to this but at the ripe old age of just less than Tilly I have purchased 3 tickets for this concert - I have a 9 year old daughter with a birthday in May (its a secret WITS so don''t let on to her!!!).  What really annoys me is that the ticket cost me about 65 times as much as the first concert I went to in Norwich, the Rolling Stones at the old Gaumont Cinema.....my how times have changed.....

Beady Eye (Liam Gallagher''s new band) would be perfect for Carrow Road. Not too big, and not too small. Perfect for a football ground as I''m sure that type of music appeals to a lot of your typical football people, and you''d get all the local Oasis fans attend.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]When you consider that Cliff can still sell out any massive venue at his age, that''s impressive.

Wonder if JLS will still be in business when they''re all 70+? Doubt it somehow.
[/quote]

As you have said each to their own, but I won''t be around and will be a long time dead by the time JLS are 70, so I won''t give a hoot anyhow lol.

I like their music, it''s modern, you can dance to it, and it''s good for all ages, including the grand kids.

Cliff might still be able to sell out massive venues, but I wouldn''t admit to even singing to his songs, let alone going to his concerts.

Err sorry, but who are they?

I plan to see Rod Stewart, but I''ve no idea who these are.  [:|]

I''m into metal and rock, so would I like them?

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Err sorry, but who are they?

I plan to see Rod Stewart, but I''ve no idea who these are.  [:|]

I''m into metal and rock, so would I like them?

[/quote]Yep, you''ll love em, snap some tickets up immediately.

[quote user="Captain Holts Derby Day Hat-Trick"]Beady Eye (Liam Gallagher''s new band) would be perfect for Carrow Road. Not too big, and not too small. Perfect for a football ground as I''m sure that type of music appeals to a lot of your typical football people, and you''d get all the local Oasis fans attend.[/quote]Dear oh dear... I think that I would have to flick a coin if faced with watching Liam Gallagher or JLS.