Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

WatlingSouthChase would know what to do, but so does Bowkett

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

By the way I thought you did not agree with fans protest as the club always knows best or were you different pre Worthy days?

[/quote]

Ooops! I missed this bit. Now where did I say I agreed with the protests? I said they happened and happened frequently throughout those 10 years.

And just one minor point connected to that, it wasn''t the Chase Out group, now known as NCISA, who called for an EGM at St Andrews Hall to oust Chase. They didn''t exist then. It wasn''t any group of fans who thought they knew best. Were you at that EGM?

[/quote]

I have changed nothing.My statement about the Chase times has always been the same.

You change it by putting your own meaning to it rather than reading "What I wrote" (Thanks E. Wise)

I must have miss read your post I thought you were actually involved in things rather than just reading about them.Sorry, should have known.

I don''t suppose you can get more involved than attending an EGM. Unless of course you acctually the one who forced it on the board. Were you involved in it? Or did you just read about it? Or didn''t you even know it occurred?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I don''t suppose you can get more involved than attending an EGM. Unless of course you acctually the one who forced it on the board. Were you involved in it? Or did you just read about it? Or didn''t you even know it occurred?

[/quote]

Hold on the wind has changed again.

Is this about Chase or The Butler?

Or how long Nutty has been a better supporter than anyone else?

So did you attend the EGM to support Chase or protest against him?

Did you go to Germany and Italy  or stay at home in protest.

Did yo support them while we were top of the league or stay away?

Did you shout for the team or keep quiet as a protest.

For a man who milked the club of millions, sold all the best players and never replaced them, I am surprised we managed to field 11 at any one time.

It''s not about how long Nutty has been a supporter and neither is it about The Butler. It''s about the issues that are attempting to be discussed on this thread that The Butler and Babes won''t address. Everytime somebody  is specific the comeback is "ten great years". I have asked for examples of this great player trading that underpinned our success and no answers have been forthcoming. I have asked about issues throughout the ten years where Chase was at odds with the fans and no answers are forthcoming. You refuse to discuss anything that could show Robert Chase in a bad light. If you were aware of my posting history you would be aware that I have given Chase great credit as well as criticism. It was the best of times - it was the worst of times.

The two posters who are making this personal are you and Babes with your refusal to debate any of the issues that this discussion has brought to the fore.

It''s not about how long Nutty has been a supporter and neither is it about The Butler. It''s about the issues that are attempting to be discussed on this thread that The Butler and Babes won''t address. Everytime somebody  is specific the comeback is "ten great years". I have asked for examples of this great player trading that underpinned our success and no answers have been forthcoming. I have asked about issues throughout the ten years where Chase was at odds with the fans and no answers are forthcoming. You refuse to discuss anything that could show Robert Chase in a bad light. If you were aware of my posting history you would be aware that I have given Chase great credit as well as criticism. It was the best of times - it was the worst of times.

The two posters who are making this personal are you and Babes with your refusal to debate any of the issues that this discussion has brought to the fore.

[/quote]

Ye GODS all I have EVER said is that he deserves credit for the good times we have had.

I have made NO comment about player trading or if fans at times got on his back or anything else.

As I posted earlier you either read the post or look for a problem just because Bly agrees with what I posted does not mean I agree or disagree with his statements.

So after all this we agree that he gave us some VERY good times and some CRAP times.  Raise the bunting!![:D]

This is fun!

Maybe somebody could tell us where Chase got the money to run the club during his time.

I mean crowds were nothing to write home about, tickets were cheap, ''player trading was alledgedly not a source - nn'', managers and players were paid well, Chase alledgedly lived high off the hog...........

Time to bring in the fag packet lads, I''d say

[:D]

OTBC

As I posted earlier half those 12 points which you claimed were on this thread weren''t. Maybe that''s where the confusion arises. Now before we agree to disagree why do you never discuss any of Chases 10 years except the last few? It''s like the 80''s didn''t exist. If you thought we were good in 93, and we were, but we were awesome in the late eighties. Which is when Chase could have made that push that Babes reckons he knew how to make.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

This is fun!

Maybe somebody could tell us where Chase got the money to run the club during his time.

I mean crowds were nothing to write home about, tickets were cheap, ''player trading was alledgedly not a source - nn'', managers and players were paid well, Chase alledgedly lived high off the hog...........

OTBC

[/quote]

Well he certainly didn''t put it in. He was paid handsomely for every second he spent at the club. Much like Doncaster and McNally.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

This is fun!

OTBC

[/quote]

Well he certainly didn''t put it in. He was paid handsomely for every second he spent at the club. Much like Doncaster and McNally.

[/quote]

How much was he paid?

OTBC

As I posted earlier half those 12 points which you claimed were on this thread weren''t. Maybe that''s where the confusion arises. Now before we agree to disagree why do you never discuss any of Chases 10 years except the last few? It''s like the 80''s didn''t exist. If you thought we were good in 93, and we were, but we were awesome in the late eighties. Which is when Chase could have made that push that Babes reckons he knew how to make.

[/quote]

Isn''t it time you brought up your theory that the late ''80s were not much to do with Stringer but mostly to do with David Williams?

Your love for David is almost as distorting of history through your eyes as your passion for Worthy.

But then I suppose in your view what the Norfolk-born Stringer achieved was also inspite of the leadership, policies and strategies of our Norfolk-born Chairman Robert Chase?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

This is fun!

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

How much was he paid?

OTBC

[/quote]

Why? Is "Wannabe Tax Inspector" another of your endearing qualities?

He was on £120,000 a year in 1996.

Why do you continually ask me questions yet refuse to answer any I ask you. I don''t think you quite understand how this discussion / debate thing actually works.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

By the way I thought you did not agree with fans protest as the club always knows best or were you different pre Worthy days?

[/quote]

Ooops! I missed this bit. Now where did I say I agreed with the protests? I said they happened and happened frequently throughout those 10 years.

And just one minor point connected to that, it wasn''t the Chase Out group, now known as NCISA, who called for an EGM at St Andrews Hall to oust Chase. They didn''t exist then. It wasn''t any group of fans who thought they knew best. Were you at that EGM?

[/quote]

Correct me if i am wrong but EGM''s can only be called if a certain percentage of NCFC shareholders get together and call for one.As Nutty has said this was way before NCISA was formed so if you are reading this Bly i take there were/are " Chase Out Loonies" amongst the shareholders.

You asked about trading Nutty. Although it was not my place I will answer for you.
I submit these without comment Other than there was some VERY good players in both lists.

NO this is not Googled or Wiki.

In (record at time)

Newsome   1mil
Beckford    925000
Milligan      850000
Robins       800000
Sheron       800000
Blades       700000
Fleck(1)    650000
Fleck(2)    580000
Newman   600000
Philips      550000

Out
Sutton         5.2mil
Fox            2250000
Fleck          2100000
Newsome   1600000
Townsend  1200000
Linighan     1200000
Gordon      1200000
Watson      1Mil
Ekoku       1Mil
Robins      1mil
Ward        1mil
Bruce       825000
Phelan      750000
Drinkell    600000
Woods    600000
Rosario   600000
Prior       600000
Sherwood 500000

The above do not include add on clauses

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

This is fun!

OTBC

[/quote]

As we all know, the club was run by finding good young talent, developing it and selling it on at decent prices. That was possible in the 80s and 90s in a way that it isn''t now. As you perfectly well know, BBB, but choose not to admit for reasons best known to yourself

When the Premier League started, it became more and more important not to get relegated from it, since clubs'' source of income was increasingly from TV money, not from player sales in the post-Bosman era.

Chase didn''t see that coming, thought he could continue to sell Norwich''s best players, as it was a policy that had worked well. But the production line of talent was beginning to dry up and he ignored the importance of a quality first XI to keep us in the top flight.

So, I''ve tried to answered your question. Care to answer mine? When did Chase ''push'' in the way that you described way back in your first post?

I can''t remember a single time when he took a calculated gamble in order to improve the team.

As I said before, the only such calculated gamble I remember was the purchase of Huckerby.

That doesn''t mean that Chase was all bad - he clearly wasn''t.

But it does mean that the premise of your post is wrong - unless you can provide me with some evidence.

[quote user="The Butler"]

You asked about trading Nutty. Although it was not my place I will answer for you.
I submit these without comment Other than there was some VERY good players in both lists.

NO this is not Googled or Wiki.

In (record at time)

Newsome   1mil
Beckford    925000
Milligan      850000
Robins       800000
Sheron       800000
Blades       700000
Fleck(1)    650000
Fleck(2)    580000
Newman   600000
Philips      550000

Out
Sutton         5.2mil
Fox            2250000
Fleck          2100000
Newsome   1600000
Townsend  1200000
Linighan     1200000
Gordon      1200000
Watson      1Mil
Ekoku       1Mil
Robins      1mil
Ward        1mil
Bruce       825000
Phelan      750000
Drinkell    600000
Woods    600000
Rosario   600000
Prior       600000
Sherwood 500000

The above do not include add on clauses

[/quote]

That''s just two lists of players we bought and sold for half a million plus taken from your copy of Canary Companion. That is not a list of players brought and sold by Chase. But even with this limited information it can be seen that his transfer dealings were poor. As you can see, most of the profits were made by selling players he inherited or those that came through our youth system.

BTW - you missed out Ekoku from Bournemouth for £665,000.

I thought you had a copy as well, thanks for confirming it.[:D]

Answers many questions.

Why did you ask if you knew the answer, or don''t you think Bly has a copy?

Not poor he made a profit on many he bought (even in this limited list) Even £350,000 on your addition.

They were bought and/or sold in his time were they not? He did not take over with no team although he nearly left us in that position.

Why did I ask what?

Babes stated that we should make a push like Chase. The irony is he never made such a push.

Babes stated that Chases player trading underpinned our success and I asked for examples of this.

You bring two lists that are irrelevent to either point.

As soon as you see Chases name mentioned you rush to his defence. You claim his critics were wrong because they read about it whilst you were there. And yet you seem to know nothing about the majority of his ten years in control of the club.

Chase did some things well but messed up royally on many others. He was paid handsomely for everything he did and was not a benefactor in any shape or form.

Why did I ask what?

Babes stated that we should make a push like Chase. The irony is he never made such a push.

Babes stated that Chases player trading underpinned our success and I asked for examples of this.

As soon as you see Chases name mentioned you rush to his defence. You claim his critics were wrong because they read about it whilst you were there. And yet you seem to know nothing about the majority of his ten years in control of the club.

Chase did some things well but messed up royally on many others. He was paid handsomely for everything he did and was not a benefactor in any shape or form.

[/quote]

A very good post Nutty and SDP would have a hissy fit if i was to post some of the tricks that Chase got up to DURING this wonderful ten years that Butler and Bly keep looking at through their blinkers.It was always going to end in tears and boy did it big time.

Why did I ask what?

[/quote]

I did not come to his defence as you put it, just stated that some of the best years , from a football point of view, came under his tenure. Or are you rewriting history yet again. You keep banging on about my not knowing what went on, it''s irrelevant to the point(and not true) and can only be diversionary tactics by you.

You say that if there is a thread about Chase then I appear, but you are already in residence on it, spreading the usual rubbish that needs answering before further myths get perpetuated.

You asked for a list supporting trading,  I supplied lists of some bought and sold, that in my humble business life is trading.Not enough for you.

I never mentioned him as a benefactor,that was probably the last thing on his mind.

I don''t defend Chase and yes Tilly I know most of the accusations levelled at him BUT that does not alter the football or times had. That is what I am defending. No matter what he did or did not do and in spite of all the rubbish posted, he gave the football fans some of the best teams and times ever seen at Carrow Road. That''s what I will defend .

No he did not supply any push when needed (Walker might not have walked if he had, I stated that much standing in Milan), again I have not said he did. You seem hell bent on taking my posts and putting them with Bly''s to satisfy God knows what.

In the end he needed to go and perhaps fan power (with help) achieved that end.

Please read what I have posted on this thread and then you might just see what I have written is not what you think.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Why did I ask what?

[/quote]

A very good post Nutty and SDP would have a hissy fit if i was to post some of the tricks that Chase got up to DURING this wonderful ten years that Butler and Bly keep looking at through their blinkers.It was always going to end in tears and boy did it big time.

[/quote]

I doubt if he''d have a ''hissy fit''.

He''d probably just take out his blue pencil and junk the whole thing if the libel was too bad.

OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

This is fun!

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

How much was he paid?

OTBC

[/quote]

Why do you continually ask me questions yet refuse to answer any I ask you. I don''t think you quite understand how this discussion / debate thing actually works.

[/quote]

I thought the statute of limitations was still 6 years. But you should know, I guess!!

How much did we pay Roger Munby''s firm per year for his time spent as NCFC Chairman?

OTBC

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Why did I ask what?

[/quote]

I did not come to his defence as you put it, just stated that some of the best years , from a football point of view, came under his tenure. Or are you rewriting history yet again. You keep banging on about my not knowing what went on, it''s irrelevant to the point(and not true) and can only be diversionary tactics by you.

You say that if there is a thread about Chase then I appear, but you are already in residence on it, spreading the usual rubbish that needs answering before further myths get perpetuated.

You asked for a list supporting trading,  I supplied lists of some bought and sold, that in my humble business life is trading.Not enough for you.

I never mentioned him as a benefactor,that was probably the last thing on his mind.

I don''t defend Chase and yes Tilly I know most of the accusations levelled at him BUT that does not alter the football or times had. That is what I am defending. No matter what he did or did not do and in spite of all the rubbish posted, he gave the football fans some of the best teams and times ever seen at Carrow Road. That''s what I will defend .

No he did not supply any push when needed (Walker might not have walked if he had, I stated that much standing in Milan), again I have not said he did. You seem hell bent on taking my posts and putting them with Bly''s to satisfy God knows what.

Please read what I have posted on this thread and then you might just see what I have written is not what you think.

[/quote]

Good speech Butler.

But the debate on this thread was Bly''s insitance that "Bowkett knows deep down what to do. The same as WatlingSouthChase. Push."

And also Bly''s insistance that our success in those years was underpinned by Chases success in player trading.

Now Chase never did "Push". Strangely, as Robert said, the only real push of that sort came in 2003 and that was the one Bly failed to recognise.

And the only "underpinning" was the players Chase inherited to sell. His trading was what eventually sent the club back to where we were in the 60''s.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

This is fun!

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

How much was he paid?

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought the statute of limitations was still 6 years. But you should know, I guess!!

How much did we pay Roger Munby''s firm per year for his time spent as NCFC Chairman?

OTBC

[/quote]

The amount paid to Roger Munby''s firm per year is in the accounts for the relevant years. As was how much Chase paid himself including another six figure amount for loss of office. You say you are a shareholder so look them up.

And there was me thinking the statute of limitations was in the sea near New York.

[quote user="The Butler"]Night night Nutty, hope the leg is getting better[:D][/quote]

And I hope the head is getting better[:D]

OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Why did I ask what?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good speech Butler.

But the debate on this thread was Bly''s insitance that "Bowkett knows deep down what to do. The same as WatlingSouthChase. Push."

And also Bly''s insistance that our success in those years was underpinned by Chases success in player trading.

Now Chase never did "Push". Strangely, as Robert said, the only real push of that sort came in 2003 and that was the one Bly failed to recognise.

And the only "underpinning" was the players Chase inherited to sell. His trading was what eventually sent the club back to where we were in the 60''s.

[/quote]

1.  I see that you and Robert have decided what I meant by ''push''. Clever but not ultimately very bright of you.

Come again.

2.  You have avoided telling us where Chase got the money to run the club from for nearly 9 years in the top flight since    you claim that capital gains from  player trading didn''t underpin the club''s recurrent budget.

OTBC

Leg is doing ok thanks Butler. Still on crutches and will find out more next week.

My head is fine too Babes. How''s the sunstroke? I fear it''s worse than ever this week.

1. Stop wriggling, you''re beginning to look even dafter than usual.

2. Capital gains from player sales were certainly responsible for many things during Chases tenure. However, this wasn''t down to his brilliant player trading. This was down to him selling everything he inherited. The players he brought most certainly weren''t sold at a profit. In fact if you look at the players he bought in The Butler''s list you will see he traded at a loss.

Babes, there seems to be a wide gulf between what goes on in your head and what goes on in the real world. Can this all be attributed to the sun or do you think there are any underlying problems?

I dare say it was a lot easier to win in Chase''s years than at the current time so comparing those years to the current years is like chalk and cheese in my opinion.

To finish 3rd in the premiership would take a wages and transfer fees as high as Man City Chelsea Man U Arsenal, thats before you''ve even got to Tottenham Villa and Liverpool.

The goalposts of the game moved around the time the TV money increased and the Champions league got extra places. It meant more teams got more money and more exposure. Making more money and enabling these clubs to buy better players.

To compare Delia''s and Chases reigns requires a healthy dose of reality that the achievements of each have to be treated relative to the economic situation of football at the time before being compared.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Chase bought and sold successfully for 9 of his 10 years or so, and messed up at the end.

[/quote]

Sometimes I think you live on another planet! Can we have examples of this selling and buying successfully?

The only Chairman I can remember doing this was Sir Arthur.

[/quote]

he brought and sold the CLUB successfully [y]

Leg is doing ok thanks Butler. Still on crutches and will find out more next week.

My head is fine too Babes. How''s the sunstroke? I fear it''s worse than ever this week.

1. Stop wriggling, you''re beginning to look even dafter than usual.

2. Capital gains from player sales were certainly responsible for many things during Chases tenure. However, this wasn''t down to his brilliant player trading. This was down to him selling everything he inherited. The players he brought most certainly weren''t sold at a profit. In fact if you look at the players he bought in The Butler''s list you will see he traded at a loss.

Babes, there seems to be a wide gulf between what goes on in your head and what goes on in the real world. Can this all be attributed to the sun or do you think there are any underlying problems?

[/quote]

In the real world Chase turned what he inherited in 1986 after the whole board of directors resigned (it was not a happy inheritance) into the most successful 9 years in the club''s history by a million miles.

3rd, 4th & 5th place finishes in the top flight; 2 FA Cup semi-finals and European competition and an FA Youth Cup Final victory.

Chase appointed both Dave Stringer and Mike Walker.

On player trading, you can''t have it both ways. Players are sold as well as bought. Chairmen/Owners both inherit and leave inheritances. Players also develop through good youth systems and invariably the best move on a one point or another. One could also argue that Delia & Co sold what she inherited from Chase like Bellamy, O''Neil, Johnson etc.

As a connected aside, people often don''t factor in that Chase left a debt of 6m which was easily covered by existing, saleable player assets. 15 long years later we have under Delia a debt of 24m with nary a player who could be sold for more than 1m - and a youth system that only now is recovering from its ............

Now who is daft? You''re the one labelled nutty - and with good reason by all accounts and  the evidence of your ramblings.

No sunstroke. This is the coolest time of the year in the Caribbean, but evidently that had passed you by - too.

Still. One love.

OTBC