Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

WatlingSouthChase would know what to do, but so does Bowkett

Push.

A modest push.

A modest  push covered by the ability to sell a player or two if it doesn''t work out first time.

Yes, Bowkett knows deep down what to do. The same as WatlingSouthChase. Push.

After all who seriously expects McNally and Lambert to be with us until the end of that seven year plan! 

So there''s your recipe Delia. A little more body and a touch of class will go a long way.

Then just pat the lads on the back and tell them you''ll be watching and smiling in the background like a proud granny as they get the job done.

And all of you..........Keep Those Fingers Crossed........we all need luck at critical moments.

One love.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Push.

A modest push.

A modest  push covered by the ability to sell a player or two if it doesn''t work out first time.

Yes, Bowkett knows deep down what to do. The same as WatlingSouthChase. Push.

After all who seriously expects McNally and Lambert to be with us until the end of that seven year plan! 

So there''s your recipe Delia. A little more body and a touch of class will go a long way.

Then just pat the lads on the back and tell them you''ll be watching and smiling in the background like a proud granny as they get the job done.

And all of you..........Keep Those Fingers Crossed........we all need luck at critical moments.

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

When exactly did Chase " push"? Would that be when we sat 3rd in the League and he refused to sanction adding to the squad that may well have resulted in us actually winning the league?Would it be when we needed a striker and midfielder back in our relegation season to avoid the drop and no money was forthcoming?Maybe you mean the " push" that saw Newsome and Ward leave the club to help pay the bills.

I suppose it depends on your definition of ''know what to do.''If Chase was here today I imagine he would be looking into exactly how much he could get for Grant Holt. That Wes Hoolahan seems to be good, best not give him a new contract as his wages are a bit much. Who is that knocking at the door, ah hello Mr Lambert! Whats that? You want to sign some players? Sorry all the clubs cash is tied up in something you dont need to know about. Ask me again after the harvest. Oh you are quitting? I hear Gary Megson is free!So if thats knowing what to do then I suppose he would do yes.

To be fair to Mr Chase, the prize for winning the top league was akin to the prizes you get out of 2p machines in Well-Next-The-Sea.  The risk / reward balance is different now.

[quote user="king canary"]I suppose it depends on your definition of ''know what to do.''

If Chase was here today I imagine he would be looking into exactly how much he could get for Grant Holt. That Wes Hoolahan seems to be good, best not give him a new contract as his wages are a bit much. Who is that knocking at the door, ah hello Mr Lambert! Whats that? You want to sign some players? Sorry all the clubs cash is tied up in something you dont need to know about. Ask me again after the harvest. Oh you are quitting? I hear Gary Megson is free!

So if thats knowing what to do then I suppose he would do yes.
[/quote]

So you and Plod would have it that under Chase we mainly sold players, rarely bought them.

I guess that''s one way of rewriting history.

OTBC

I probably shouldn''t comment here, as it will most likely be seen as yet another alleged inner circle gangf**k of poor old attention seeking Bly.However.....Do you seriously not remember Chase thinking he could sell all of our best players and get away with not being relegated? Did that happen or did I dream it?

[quote user="king canary"]I suppose it depends on your definition of ''know what to do.''If Chase was here today I imagine he would be looking into exactly how much he could get for Grant Holt. That Wes Hoolahan seems to be good, best not give him a new contract as his wages are a bit much. Who is that knocking at the door, ah hello Mr Lambert! Whats that? You want to sign some players? Sorry all the clubs cash is tied up in something you dont need to know about. Ask me again after the harvest. Oh you are quitting? I hear Gary Megson is free!So if thats knowing what to do then I suppose he would do yes.[/quote]

So you and Plod would have it that under Chase we mainly sold players, rarely bought them.

OTBC

[/quote]Funny you always make these points but never give any evidence to back it up....

[quote user="morty"]I probably shouldn''t comment here, as it will most likely be seen as yet another alleged inner circle gangf**k of poor old attention seeking Bly.

However.....

Do you seriously not remember Chase thinking he could sell all of our best players and get away with not being relegated? Did that happen or did I dream it?
[/quote]

''Gangf**king''. What an utterly charmless analogy.

''Attention seeking''. Refer to your post count, the vast majority of which have appeared in the last year or so. The odour of rampant hypocrisy methinks.

Chase bought and sold successfully for 9 of his 10 years or so, and messed up at the end. No you didn''t dream about Stringer and Walker; and FA Cup semi-finals; and 3rd, 4th and 5th top tier finishes; or Europe.

All of that packed into 10 years whilst Delia''s lot spent most of the past 15 years stubbornly wandering as lost sheep in the wilderness until at long last having their arms twisted to start getting it right.

Still. One love.

OTBC  

Ah, just picked through your waffle and spotted that you did actually answer it.My work here is done.[:)]

"If Chase was here today I imagine he would be looking into exactly how much he could get for Grant Holt. That Wes Hoolahan seems to be good, best not give him a new contract as his wages are a bit much. Who is that knocking at the door, ah hello Mr Lambert! Whats that? You want to sign some players? Sorry all the clubs cash is tied up in something you dont need to know about. Ask me again after the harvest. Oh you are quitting?2

God, how on earth did we get these kind of simpletons attaching themselves to the club ?

Chase bought and sold successfully for 9 of his 10 years or so, and messed up at the end.

[/quote]

Sometimes I think you live on another planet! Can we have examples of this selling and buying successfully?

The only Chairman I can remember doing this was Sir Arthur.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Chase bought and sold successfully for 9 of his 10 years or so, and messed up at the end.

[/quote]

Sometimes I think you live on another planet! Can we have examples of this selling and buying successfully?

[/quote]

Refer to the other parts of the post above to which you refer

Are you seriously saying that all this success during 9 of his 10 years was not underpinned by successful player trading?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Refer to the other parts of the post above to which you refer

Are you seriously saying that all this success during 9 of his 10 years was not underpinned by successful player trading?

OTBC

[/quote]

Yes

If you would care to step out of your sepia tinted, lavender smelling world you would realise that football has changed massively since Bob was in charge, the comparison to how the club has been run since is utterly invalid.

[quote user="morty"]If you would care to step out of your sepia tinted, lavender smelling world you would realise that football has changed massively since Bob was in charge, the comparison to how the club has been run since is utterly invalid.

[/quote]

What a flip and simplistic statement.

Can''t you do better than that?

OTBC

[quote user="morty"]If you would care to step out of your sepia tinted, lavender smelling world you would realise that football has changed massively since Bob was in charge, the comparison to how the club has been run since is utterly invalid.

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]I don''t need to do better, the statement is valid and stands on its own two feet. Comparing what Bob did for the club to what the chairman does now is like comparing someone who runs a corner shop to the manager of a large supermarket.I can''t put it any simpler for you I''m afraid.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

I don''t need to do better, the statement is valid and stands on its own two feet. Comparing what Bob did for the club to what the chairman does now is like comparing someone who runs a corner shop to the manager of a large supermarket.

I can''t put it any simpler for you I''m afraid.
[/quote]

That''s precisely the point. Your response is too simple, simplistic  - and flip.

As you amove on in life, I expect that you will grow to appreciate the adage that ''the more things change ,the more they stay the same''.

One love.

OTBC

[quote user="No 9 - Bly"]A a nephew of the late great Terry Bly I wish you would chhose another user name to spout this rubbish under[/quote]

[Y]

[quote user="No 9 - Bly"]A a nephew of the late great Terry Bly I wish you would chhose another user name to spout this rubbish under[/quote]

Oh another fully paid up member of the BBB fan club[:D]

OTBC

[/quote]

The trouble was that he sold several Rolls Royces but replaced them with Reliant Robins.

And then of course we ran out of good home grown talent to sell for fat profits and as mentioned early we brought nothing but lower league players and guess what we ended up a lower league team after years and years in the top flight, which in the last 15 years or so have only managed to get back too once!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

I don''t need to do better, the statement is valid and stands on its own two feet. Comparing what Bob did for the club to what the chairman does now is like comparing someone who runs a corner shop to the manager of a large supermarket.

[/quote]

That''s precisely the point. Your response is too simple, simplistic  - and flip.

As you amove on in life, I expect that you will grow to appreciate the adage that ''the more things change ,the more they stay the same''.

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

You know Bly, I used to feel slightly sorry for you - whenever you  post you normally receive some not too complimentary replies from the Inner Circle (copyright BlyBlyBabes 2010).

However my sympathy has run out now - your opinion is your opinion but I''ve now realised what gets everybodies goat is that, however deep the hole you''ve dug yourself into gets, you keep on bloody digging!

Chase managed to alienate all those involved at the club at whatever level and the recent malaise suffered by the club can be put directly down to the fiscal dealings of Robert ''if Chris Sutton isn''t at this club next season, then I won''t be either'' Chase.

To claim he would ''know what to do'' rubber-stamps the insinuated dementia jibes poked at you.

To whoever is the secretary of the Inner Circle - how do I join please?

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

You know Bly, I used to feel slightly sorry for you - whenever you  post you normally receive some not too complimentary replies from the Inner Circle (copyright BlyBlyBabes 2010).

However my sympathy has run out now - your opinion is your opinion but I''ve now realised what gets everybodies goat is that, however deep the hole you''ve dug yourself into gets, you keep on bloody digging!

Chase managed to alienate all those involved at the club at whatever level and the recent malaise suffered by the club can be put directly down to the fiscal dealings of Robert ''if Chris Sutton isn''t at this club next season, then I won''t be either'' Chase.

To claim he would ''know what to do'' rubber-stamps the insinuated dementia jibes poked at you.

[/quote]

As an alleged member of the Inner Circle i have absolutely no idea so i am afraid only Bly can help you with that one.Morty is also an alleged member but having spoken to him it appears neither of us filled in an application form or handed over any membership fees.We have never been informed of any meetings either so one must assume that the whole thing may just be a figment of Bly''s imagination.[;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Drazen Muzinic"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

As an alleged member of the Inner Circle i have absolutely no idea so i am afraid only Bly can help you with that one.Morty is also an alleged member but having spoken to him it appears neither of us filled in an application form or handed over any membership fees.We have never been informed of any meetings either so one must assume that the whole thing may just be a figment of Bly''s imagination.[;)]

[/quote]

In that case I wish to withdraw my application because that''s one thing I want nothing to do with.

And as the tattered remnants of the Chase Out Loons circle their wagons.........

Hate fills the air and facts, truth and logic all drift around the camp blinding eyes and clogging lungs...

Dear oh dear oh dear. So sad.

9 of 10 years in the top flight; 2 FA Cup Semi-finals; 3rd, 4th & 5th place league finishes; Europe  ----  and all that the tattered remnants of the Chase Out Loons can spout is that it was all despite Chase and none of it because of him.

I''m sure that Jeseu wept at less.

Dear oh dear oh dear. What hate, what bile, what lies.

But still. One love.

OTBC

OTBC