Sign in to follow this  
Raymond De Waard

Who's who on these message boards!?

All of a sudden feel incredibly youngAlejandra from Leicester, both my dad and my brother support NCFC so they got me into it at a young age but i didnt like it at first.  When I was taken to my first game aged about 6 or 7 I cried when some of the crowd were shouting/chanting abuse loudly at some players [:$]Obviously I dont care about that anymore! lolCurrent fav player : Grant HoltMy fav player of all time : Darren Huckerby

I''m Adam

I''m 18

On a gap-year, going to the Uni of Lincoln to study Law and Criminology in September.

Currently work behind a bar in mucky GY.

Supported City since i can remember, but have only held a season ticket for 5 years as i''ve only really been able to afford it.

Favourite current player = John Ruddy

Fave past players = Iwan, Steady Eddy,Hucks, Dublin, Mackay,

[quote user="Woman in the Stands"]It appears that many people in the Snakepit are called Mark. Is this a pre-requsite to getting an ST in the area? lol[/quote]It''s not a pre-requsite but we get 2 free games a season. [;)]

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Hi ady, what are the chances hey? I hope everyone is ok your end[/quote]

Yep - all good.

Robbie has started getting more interested in the Mighty Yellows.

I took him to the Orient game though so he is now scarred for life. Your mum spotted us there in the Jarrold too.

Sorry all to turn this thread into Surprise Surprise!

Good to hear...

I''ve tried converting jack (ellie''s son) into a norwich fan but I think he''s picked spurs for good now.

GIve my best wishes to everyone

Believe it or not, I''m called Ryan!

18 y/o currently go to East Norfolk Sixth form, left Lynn Grove high 2/3 years ago. Lived in Gorleston/Bradwell all my life.

Fave current players include Holt, Wes, Crofts, Barnett (and everybody else actually!)

Fave players since I''ve been going (13/14 years) include Hux, dion, Steady Eddy, Malkay, Green et al!

Graham (dad named me after his favourite player, Paddon) ,36, from Norfolk''s ''jewell in the crown'' Dereham

first match ,1980/1 ...1-1 vs Arsenal

favourite ever match.....Arsenal 2-4 Norwich (1st ever premiership match)

favourite ever player ..Chris Sutton

my best team ,in my 30 years of being a City fan......Woods,Culverhouse,Bowen,Bruce,Watson,Townsend,O''Neill (M),Fox,Eadie,Sutton,Fleck.

interesting fact.......I was mascot for Norwich (aged 10) ,the Saturday after the Main Stand was burnt down (Oct ''84 vs QPR) and had to get changed in the portakabin.............sums up my luck !!!

hates Ipswich.

Oliver, 20, living in Oman..part of the family come from Norfolk so I was brought up supporting City. First game was a 2-1 win over Crewe when I was 8 but hardly ever get to games unfotunately.

[quote user="Sambool "]Oliver, 20, living in Oman..part of the family come from Norfolk so I was brought up supporting City. First game was a 2-1 win over Crewe when I was 8 but hardly ever get to games unfotunately.[/quote]Where abouts in Oman are you? I spent about 16 months out there, in Muscat and in the desert.

[quote user="dhickl"][quote user="Sambool "]Oliver, 20, living in Oman..part of the family come from Norfolk so I was brought up supporting City. First game was a 2-1 win over Crewe when I was 8 but hardly ever get to games unfotunately.[/quote]Where abouts in Oman are you? I spent about 16 months out there, in Muscat and in the desert.[/quote]

Muscat, what were you doing out in Oman? and when was that? Wow Id never have thought!

I''m Dave.

Season ticket holder in lower Barclay, but due to my job taking me abroad I can only attend about 1/2 the home games.

Moved to Norfolk in 1990 and started attending matches then. Started in the River End, but moved to the Barclay when it became all seater. Previously had a brief flirtation following Pompey! Soon got hooked and been a fan ever since. Can''t remember my 1st game but good memories of Ruel Fox, Eady, Fleck, and Hux stick in my mind the best. Out of the current crop I would say Crofts is my favourite player.

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]Way to ruin the post Mario :) and Yes Marty University of Florida. Go Gators[/quote]I must confess to not really enjoying the American  football although the vibe on match days way pretty good (lifting the drinks ban on campus), however, I did enjoy the basketball, they had a good team back then.Anyway, I''m Martin, in my 30''s, (well into my 30''s!), live in loughborough, Leicestershire. I spent quite a few years growing up in Norwich, watched many games in one of the corner pens that was predominantly full of old men smoking pipes, swearing and spitting - the glamorous side of 80''s football as a kid! Moved away from Norwich when I went to uni for too long, still tried to watch some games when I could afford. Favourite players, tough one, too many to answer. Like most fans it''s hard not to like players like Hucks and Iwan. I must admit that I am impressed by Crofts this year, he could also become a Norwich legend.

Im Paul, 42 years old and Ive followed City since I was 6 - my first game was v Bolton Wanderers as an 8 year old - it finished 0-0.

Former Barclay season ticket holder until divorce from my 1st wife and having 3 kids meant that my wages needed to go on other priorities.  I do make 7 or 8 games a year (same financial constraints at the moment!  Try keeping a 3 year old supplied with Peppa Pig comics, its quite expensive!), with a mixture of home and away games in each season

Fav player of all time - probably Flecky, with Grant Holt being the pick of the current bunch (same never say die attitude).  Best game Ive attended as a city fan was the Bayern Munich home game with the worst moment being the 5-0 drubbing in Binnersville (never been back since)

Ive managed to convert my wife to football now and we''re both working on my 3 year old son.

Just curious to know what kind of people are on this message board these days and the age range really, I recall a post like this years ago but can''t seem to find it.

I''ll get the ball rolling

I''m George Wilbraham

18 years old from Sheringham

Been watching City religiously for 11 years.

Feel free to add me on facebook if you please.

Anyone else?

[quote user="Captain Fantastic"]Been watching City religiously for 11 years[/quote]

How''s that? Knelt down in a robe with your hands together and eye''s closed whilst rocking slowly back and forth and chanting in Latin?

Alysha

20 years old

From Norwich but currently at University in Nottingham

ST holder in N&P Upper

First favourite player - Andy Marshall [:O]

Current favourite players - Drury, R.Martin, Holt

Is it only me that finds people that say they have been ''religiously supporting'' the team since aged 6 is a bit iffy?

By that I mean I loved football in general and followed Norwich as they were my local team, ever since I can remember. For me it was a personal journey as my folks are from Essex and neither of them really followed football enough to be called a fan of any particular team.

However I wouldn''t say that I was fully comitted to being a fan until I was actually old enough to understand what being a ''fan'' encompassed. By that when I was 6 I wanted Norwich to win but I didn''t feel the lows and the highs as much as when I was older.

I was about 11/12 when we went on the europe run. I was caught in the thrill of the highs and facing the gutting reality that compared to the likes of Inter Milan we but a David to their Goliath.

That''s when I started to really grasp football. That''s when I would say I became a ''fan'' because I wasn''t just going to games, I was feeling the results.

Being a fan of a team means following that team and no other, its that simple.We have debated on here to death about what it means to be a fan, and most people vastly overcomplicate it.

[quote user="Captain Fantastic"]Just curious to know what kind of people are on this message board these days and the age range really, I recall a post like this years ago but can''t seem to find it. I''ll get the ball rolling I''m George Wilbraham 18 years old from Sheringham Been watching City religiously for 11 years. Feel free to add me on facebook if you please. Anyone else?[/quote]

Have a read of this thread which we did a couple of weeks ago that will tell you loads  [:)]

[quote user="morty"]Being a fan of a team means following that team and no other, its that simple.

We have debated on here to death about what it means to be a fan, and most people vastly overcomplicate it.

[/quote]

You don''t half like to open cans of worms Morty[:O]

can of worms.

Get ready for the "you can be a fan so longs as you google your teams results at least once a month brigade"

Anyway "My Spurs" did ok last night[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="morty"]Being a fan of a team means following that team and no other, its that simple.We have debated on here to death about what it means to be a fan, and most people vastly overcomplicate it.

[/quote]

You don''t half like to open cans of worms Morty[:O]

can of worms.

Get ready for the "you can be a fan so longs as you google your teams results at least once a month brigade"

Anyway "My Spurs" did ok last night[;)]

[/quote]Ha! Whoever could you be on about lol?[;)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Captain Fantastic"]Just curious to know what kind of people are on this message board these days and the age range really, I recall a post like this years ago but can''t seem to find it. I''ll get the ball rolling I''m George Wilbraham 18 years old from Sheringham Been watching City religiously for 11 years. Feel free to add me on facebook if you please. Anyone else?[/quote]

Have a read of this thread which we did a couple of weeks ago that will tell you loads  [:)]

[/quote]

Silly CA didnt give you the link http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/forums/2401613/ShowPost.aspx