Sign in to follow this  
city till i die

Martin Paterson

Seems unlikely that a mangerless team would sell any players, but stranger things have happened I guess.

He is a very good player at this level so would be very pleased to see him here, just not sure Norwich have the kind of money mentioned above.

Thinking about it though - they don''t have a manager so won''t be selling. Maybe it''s a swap deal for Lambert? ;)

[quote user="bjg123"]Thinking about it though - they don''t have a manager so won''t be selling. Maybe it''s a swap deal for Lambert? ;)[/quote]

So thats all you think Lambert is worth then ? I would want £60 mil,  in fact no player should go for less than £60 mil won''t get promoted without our manager and key players,

I can see this happening. For whatever reason, he''s not getting a run of games in his preferred positions at Burnley, despite being a useful player.

We perhaps lack a really pacey forward, so I''d welcome him here.

Still think we need a versatile defender/winger first though...

I can''t see it all, Burnley don''t have a manager, they wouldn''t sell a player a potential new manager might want to keep and why would Paterson leave Burnley who are in the promotion picture?

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]I can''t see it all, Burnley don''t have a manager, they wouldn''t sell a player a potential new manager might want to keep and why would Paterson leave Burnley who are in the promotion picture?[/quote]

Last part of that is easy to answer, because we''re 3rd and they''re not?

Also, I was joking about swapping for Lambert to the user who quoted me. Thought that''d be obvious.

think I heard about this a few days ago, it was either someone mentioning it on here in a thread or dodgy rumours site; either way hope its true

Didn''t he cost them nearly 2 mil??? I''d love him here, although he got injured and hasn''t been back consistently in the team since.

By the way - not having a manager means its more likely they sell a player, not less likely. No manager to complain that he needs him to build a team around etc. Sell him, get some cash, give it to the new manager to buy player(s). Or as compensation for someone still in employment as a manager.

what sort of striker is he... a natural goal scorer? is he known for pace or strength etc.?

Always thought he was a decent player. Burnley are rumoured to be appointing Phil Brown so it seems a bit strange for them to be selling one of their squad just before the new manager is appointed.

I did read somewhere that despite the premier league and parachute payments that Burnley are financially screwed.  Maybe they want to cash in before the uncertainty that circles clubs in the last year of parachute payments.

Message from a Burnley fan mate of mine -

Hands off! He''s decent, will run all day. Not getting a decent look in at the moment though - no idea why!

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

Always thought he was a decent player. Burnley are rumoured to be appointing Phil Brown so it seems a bit strange for them to be selling one of their squad just before the new manager is appointed.

[/quote]

Really all I''ve been hearing is Brown is off to PNE

[quote user="Legend Iwan"][quote user="Tim Allman"]

[/quote]

Really all I''ve been hearing is Brown is off to PNE

[/quote]

Whoops so he is.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]I did read somewhere that despite the premier league and parachute payments that Burnley are financially screwed.  Maybe they want to cash in before the uncertainty that circles clubs in the last year of parachute payments.[/quote]

---

I''m not sure that''s true. They made a  £11.7m loss the year they got to the Premier League, but then decided not to overspend (on transfer fees and wages) to try to stay there, and so made a profit of £14.6m the year they were getting relegated. Their finances seem pretty stable (by football club standards!) although they do need to develop their training ground, and that might be expensive.

Makes sense to me. A club without a manager may be happy to sell peripheral players to pay for compensation towards the new boss, offer the new boss a bit of a budget and simply, maybe, to offload problem players before the new boss arrives. Let''s not forget it''s not always the managers that have the final say, it may well be that Paterson wants a move.

That''ll please my mate - He hates Big Sam with a passion! He used to film the match for the in-house season videoes and he said Sam is the biggest knob he''s ever met.

Can''t wait if this is true! Looking forward to calling him up!

Well i cant really say!! it could well be bo11oks.

I was just down the office and bumped into the owner/director. And he mentioned his Paterson''s name and said its near a done deal. I don''t know how he know''s im just passing on what im told!!

He doesn''t support Norwich, but deals with them in some kind off sponsorship way. He has given me and the other lads i work with corporate tickets and players lounge access. So have no reason to doubt or disbelieve.

He just signed a new 3 year contract last summer, so I can''t see this happening, especially as we''re unlikely to have the money required. Otherwise, he would fit in very well with Lambert''s formations.