Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Lass

Cardiff moan about city pricing

Yep if we refused to pay the tax office and our creditors and refused to service our debts but still have money to spend on major players I am sure we could offer cheaper prices. Their prices are cheaper because they are content to spiral out of control. O well maybe that will mean some of their usual troublemakers wont show. The game is almost sold out anyway.

Just been reading alot of moaning on their forum (sad I know... I''m bored, forgive me!)

Makes me laugh, someone found his ticket from their last visit to us, £19.50 for an adult ticket apparantly! Which is an extortionate increase that they should shout about... fair enough, but back then, we made a loss and now, we are trying to survive as a club and a company.

The point is, we can charge that, because as above, many Norwich fans would bite your hand off at £33 a ticket, so please Cardiff fans, boycott the game and let our fans have the seats!!

They do have a point - I had to give up my season ticket this year and was going to go to this game but (near) my preferred seat in River End upper was going to cost me £31.50 and that for a category B match.

The other strange thing is had they used their money to pay off debts instead of cheating and employing the likes of Bellamy then they would still be a small club in mid Jan category C game and £20 a ticket. You cant have it all ways.

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]They do have a point - I had to give up my season ticket this year and was going to go to this game but (near) my preferred seat in River End upper was going to cost me £31.50 and that for a category B match.[/quote]

Dont mean to contradict you but the game is category A + and we have sold out our last few games so demand speaks I am afraid. There will be plenty happy to buy the tickets.

Its modern football i''m afraid, unless something is done about players wages etc then us fans our going to suffer. I don''t blame NCFC at all for increasing prices, it has to look after itself and compete.

It''s nowhere near as ridiculous of them being on the brink and then becoming the Championships Man City. Chopra, Bellamy, Keogh, Olofinjana, Keogh(Or Kightly?) and Koumas in their side.. Surely thay can afford £33!.

And no Alcohol for them (as I think they are one of the team that have a ban in the refreshment areas (along with Millwall and Leeds)

It will be less of them to fight amongst themselves as well ,recall that when the Jarrold was being built, fighting breaking out amongst their sell out 300 away allocation.

Crazy lot !

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]They do have a point - I had to give up my season ticket this year and was going to go to this game but (near) my preferred seat in River End upper was going to cost me £31.50 and that for a category B match.[/quote]

Dont mean to contradict you but the game is category A + and we have sold out our last few games so demand speaks I am afraid. There will be plenty happy to buy the tickets.

[/quote]

---

That is simply not true. Our effective capacity is around 26,600. The ground has been sold out for only one game this season, and that was Ipswich.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

---

That is simply not true. Our effective capacity is around 26,600. The ground has been sold out for only one game this season, and that was Ipswich.

[/quote]What about Leeds? That was a record crowd at the time.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

---

[/quote]
What about Leeds? That was a record crowd at the time.
[/quote]

---

But not a sell-out.

Adam_2010.... What does their clubs finances and players have anything to do with how much their fans can pay [:S]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

The Leeds game was a selluot in that there was a few seats taken for segregation and Sheff United was also a sell out for home fans and the only seats that remained unsold were the 700 or so empty ones in the away section.

---

[/quote]

[quote user="Big Slob"]Adam_2010.... What does their clubs finances and players have anything to do with how much their fans can pay [:S][/quote]Yes, I couldn''t quite fathom that one out either....I think the Cardiff fans have a point.......when we went to their place earlier this season I paid £26 for my seat in a brand new stadium. The seat was behind the goal but I doubt the away fans in the Jarrold get a better view.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

The Leeds game was a selluot in that there was a few seats taken for segregation and Sheff United was also a sell out for home fans and the only seats that remained unsold were the 700 or so empty ones in the away section.

---

[/quote][/quote]

---

I have taken the seats set aside for segregation into account. The theoretical capacity is now 27,000 but in pratice it is around 26,600, and we have sold that out only once. The Ipswich game. The Leeds game was not a sell-out. Nor was Sheffield United. Nor have any other games been.

You can''t start disregarding the fact that away areas are not being sold as if that doesn''t matter. Of course it does. It is actually the point here. The club ramped up casual prices and especially for pre-adults (by scrapping that category) and this has reduced away support at Carrow Road. For £33 a Cardiff  pre-adult can see two two other games elsewhere in the Championship. I think that''s what is called a no-brainer.

Leeds game was sold out. The front rows of the away end were netted off so capacity was less for that game than the Ipswich game. QPR was a sell out too other than the odd seat in the away area.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

---

[/quote]
[/quote]

---

But not a sell-out.

[/quote]Sorry but 3 guys i know couldnt get tickets for leeds match!

£26.00 for an adult ticket at The Riverside Middlesbrough.......I thought it was an acceptable price for an away fan.With their current home gates - I do wonder how they can finance their costs? 

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

And no Alcohol for them (as I think they are one of the team that have a ban in the refreshment areas (along with Millwall and Leeds)

[/quote]And the scum surely?I really hope they didn''t get a chance to drown their sorrows at half time.

Let them moan all they want, they should think themselves lucky to be allowed to be in an ENGLISH LEAGUE.

[quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

---

[/quote]
[/quote]

---

But not a sell-out.

[/quote]Sorry but 3 guys i know couldnt get tickets for leeds match![/quote]

Segregation loses a number of seats on the capicity and Sheff U did not sell all their tickets, so effectively a sell out each time for home supporters. Anyway what would you suggest then that McNally sells the ground at £20 - £25 per ticket or he sells it out at £33. Our gate seems to fluctuate on our league position not our price structure, as it seems the most expensive games have been the biggest gates.

Buy back was also in operation for the last 3 games adding about 150 tickets that were in effect sold twice

[quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

---

[/quote]
[/quote]

---

But not a sell-out.

[/quote]Sorry but 3 guys i know couldnt get tickets for leeds match![/quote]

Segregation loses a number of seats on the capicity and Sheff U did not sell all their tickets, so effectively a sell out each time for home supporters. [/quote]

But a home sell-out or near sell-out (even if that is what is was) does not make it a sell-out. A sell-out means a sell-out of the whole ground. And we have had that only once.

The point, which I made several months ago, is that in a time of economic hardship the club, by ramping up casual prices (crucially including the scrapping the pre-adult category) was going to price out of the market away supporters, and also many of those fringe home supporters who might be tempted to take up the slack. And that has happened. These complaints by Cardiff fans are only echoing what away fans have saying all season. When pre-adult away fans can watch two games for the price of one at Norwich this was bound to happen.