Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

If there was ever a true test of ambition......................

This is it.

Not just our immidiate future and potential promotion but the next 5-10 years of Norwich City Football club depends on this decision.

Paul Lambert must be backed.

Forget players, people not been bought, the signing of Wilbraham, the lack of funds, this is the true test of ambition.

My head says why would he go to Burnley, My heart says theres no smoke without fire.

Praying I wake up to good news in the morning.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

This is it.

Not just our immidiate future and potential promotion but the next 5-10 years of Norwich City Football club depends on this decision.

Paul Lambert must be backed.

Forget players, people not been bought, the signing of Wilbraham, the lack of funds, this is the true test of ambition.

My head says why would he go to Burnley, My heart says theres no smoke without fire.

Praying I wake up to good news in the morning.

[/quote]This reminds me of the MikeWalker saga many moons ago but at least he left to go to a bigger club.

Exactly, we keep hearing ''in public'' that the club''s aim was to just stay in this league this season......we''re now going to find out what they ''privately'' believe in both the board room and on the training pitch as to whether we really do have a genuine chance of promotion this season!!

Make or break moment for this season......if we signal some real ambition and back Lambert with cold hard cash then this could be the moment where we become serious promotion challengers.

I really fail to see why we need to back lambert with cash....we are currently 3rd and playing some pretty impressive football, and managed to beat QPR with a bit-part team. We have a long list of ''first team regulars'' to come back into the first team squad which will yet add to our quality, it would be nice to get in a few more players, but I dont belive its vital to our success.

Let''s go for it, because eventually a premier league team will come knocking, and it will be too late. We are now not just playing the teams around us, but the teams in the league we seek to join.

No but Lambert is vital to our success and if he feels he''s being messed around he simply won''t stay.

It is difficult to interpret the real meanings of quotes but I do detect frustration in some of his remarks of late.

Sorry but I just don''t get what your saying?

I don''t see how this decision will affect the next 5-10 years, you are exaggerating like you always do. It will affect this season for sure but McNally has already shown he can appoint a good manager and I believe he can do it again if needed. I just hope he doesn''t have to.

Davo

I supppose it was all fairly predictable with a situation like this one.

Out from under the stone come crawling the usual suspect with their monotonous bleat of .... "ambition".

Yep, McNally joined us because we lacked "ambition". Lambert and the coaching staff were signed because we lacked ambition, extra seats were put in, new faces on the board, NOTW given a slap .... all because the club lack ambition.

I doubt there is a professional club that lacks ambition - there are however quite a fair number who lack the competence to pursue that amibition.

Unfortunately our club has attracted a small number of those who post on here who also lack competence. That is the competence to actually grasp what goes on - or to form a reasoned argument in response.

Ahhhh but City1st you must remember that to some such fans that ambition is only displayed by spending millions and millions on players. Pompey were an ambitious club (John Utaka £60k a week) and look at the trouble they are in now. Leeds were an ambitious club and look what happened to them? bu hey it''s always a case of spending someone else''s money so who cares?

Davo