Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Quotes from this morning's press conference

I still dont think he''d want to go to Burnley but could well be tempted with the West Ham or Villa jobs when they come up in the next few days

It sounds to me that Lambert would like the chance to at least speak to Burnley and isn''t overly happy that he isn''t allowed. Burnley''s approach is only for an interview at this stage, as they have mentioned about their shortlist of candidates.

Burnley''s current squad is probably a little better than ours, and as we all know they have plenty of parachute money in the bank as well. Maybe Lambert is thinking he can''t get anymore out of this Norwich team whereas Burnley are currently under performing.

On paper it seems a very strange move for him, a side step rather than a leap forward, but could that be what he is looking for? He has only been a Championship manager for 5 months and may not want to jump straight into the Premier League and do a Paul Ince.

I think people are over-reacting here. Lambert said that ''you have had the club statement and I am happy with that''. I don''t think he''ll go to Burnley, but Villa or West Ham could tempt him in the way City did when he was at Colchester. IMO he would do more to prove his credentials by following through this year with a clear chance of promotion, than to jump up now to a struggling Premiership team.

Burnley fans are realistic on their boards: http://bit.ly/fJ3H80

"-Norwich have arguably the best facilities in the Division.

-They play infront of sell out crowds every home game.

-He is very popular at Norwich.

-Has no pressure on him to achieve promotion.

I don''t think the whole wife thing comes into it, he lives near the Airport in Norwich and let''s not go down that road."

If he went to Villa, Liverpool or Chelsea, would understand. West Ham POSSIBLY if they told him he''d get millions of their money to spend in January to keep them up. But Burnley. No. Not a chance.I hope that he''s just staying out of it by leaving it to the club''s statement and rising above it and not giving them the credit of even suggesting he''d consider moving down to a smaller club in a worse position with lower attendances with worse facilities in a horrible part of the country.IF the unthinkable did happen and he quit in order to pursue the job, he would deserve the judas tag and I for one would be front of the queue for the February 5th game to give him hell.

Something is going on beneath the surface as Lambert could have killed the story stone dead in one sentence. This does not mean he will jump ship for Burnley he may bully the board into giving him better terms or more cash to spend. He could of course be flagging up he would be interested if a bigger club came along.

Should the worse happen then it would be a massive blow but there would be no shortage of top quality candidates interested ie Houghton or big sam

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Something is going on beneath the surface as Lambert could have killed the story stone dead in one sentence. This does not mean he will jump ship for Burnley he may bully the board into giving him better terms or more cash to spend. He could of course be flagging up he would be interested if a bigger club came along.

Should the worse happen then it would be a massive blow but there would be no shortage of top quality candidates interested ie Houghton or big sam[/quote]Big Sam???!!!!!! Top Quality??!!! That is the most ridiculous thing I''ve ever heard.