Sign in to follow this  
Nexus_Canary

Have Faith in McNally

Guys, if Lambert does leave and lets face it... he will , maybe not to Burnley but the bloke is going places ! You should all remember that yes Lambert has taken the team to where we are today, but it was McNally that appointed him in the first place.When Lambert goes I am pretty confident that the days of Grant, Roeder and Gunn are long gone.McNally will not appoint a crap manager, his ruthlesness with Gunn is proof that he just wont stand for it.I am 100% confident that Norwich are going places now, with or without Paul Lambert !Also, if he does go, lets not have any childish outbursts towards Burnley etc etc, only Lambert is a mercenary hes proven that buy coming here.Are there any other records of managers joining the team they just thrashed 7-1 the previous week , regardless of the stature of the respective clubs !Just remain positive and put your faith in McNally, Grant Holt and the Norwich players ! :)

I''ve no doubt that if Lambert goes the next man in will be Malky. That may not be such a bad thing as Malky obviously has a love for this club and will be much more loyal and far less mercenary.

Lambert going to Burnley could actually put the brakes on his career as promotion for them certainly would not be guaranteed this season, especially if we get Malky, as I think he would still get us up in an automatic place at Burnley''s expense. If Lambert stays he is almost certainly in the Prem with us next season, so he has to think very carefully before he makes what I think could be a disastrous move for him in the short-term. 

Almost certainly in the Prem with us next season??? How do you work that out?

People don''t half over-react on here! We are joint 2nd and playing very well indeed but we are not 20 points clear in the automatic places, we are in a promotion fight with some good teams!

I''m not saying we won''t go up but come on, almost certainly in the Prem? We are in January... Crazy I tell thee...

[quote user="Bouncebackability"]Almost certainly in the Prem with us next season??? How do you work that out? People don''t half over-react on here! We are joint 2nd and playing very well indeed but we are not 20 points clear in the automatic places, we are in a promotion fight with some good teams! I''m not saying we won''t go up but come on, almost certainly in the Prem? We are in January... Crazy I tell thee...[/quote]

Many people have been saying all season that we won''t go up, but look where we are now, and they are still saying that we won''t go up. We are as good as any team in this division as results have proven, having almost beaten the so-called best side QPR twice but for a missed penalty, so I stick by my assertion that we are probably going up in an automatic spot.     

I agree that we are equal to any side in this league and are in a great position but this is the kind of attitude that we hate Leeds fans for... They thought they were guaranteed to win the league in January and we all now how that ended!

I''m just saying that claiming we are ''Almost certainly in the Prem'' for next season is mental, it is January and a lot of football is still to be played!

Like I said originally, I agree that we have a great chance but I won''t be putting my life savings on us to be promoted automatically, just in case :)

I think Lambert needs to issue a statement - Pronto!

We''re doing well in the table and could do without a setback of all this!

C''mon PL, lets hear from ya!

[quote user="Bouncebackability"]I agree that we are equal to any side in this league and are in a great position but this is the kind of attitude that we hate Leeds fans for... They thought they were guaranteed to win the league in January and we all now how that ended! I''m just saying that claiming we are ''Almost certainly in the Prem'' for next season is mental, it is January and a lot of football is still to be played! Like I said originally, I agree that we have a great chance but I won''t be putting my life savings on us to be promoted automatically, just in case :)[/quote]

Well. I obviously have more faith than yourself as I backed us from day one based on the record of Paul Lambert. Leeds thought they would win the FA Cup and Div1 at a canter and that is very much different to my attitude. I have said on other threads that we must concentrate on the league at the expense of the FA Cup. If we focus on the league and resist getting drawn into fixture congestion/injuries/suspensions etc in the FA Cup, then I am confident we will go up, just as I was at Xmas 2003 as soon as we signed Huckerby.       

I''m just not willing to get carried away, football can do nasty things to teams... If you are so convinced we are guarenteed promotion, I suggest you wager your mortgage on it down at the bookies! If it comes off and your rich, I will take my hat off you and buy you a drink!

I trust this guy to chart us through these difficult times. He is experienced and ruthless. If Lambert does wish to go then there is little anyone can do about it, although perhaps Mc Nally is best placed to persuade him to stay. Should he go then Mc Nally will get us a good deal and ensure a very competent replacment at a time when there are a lot of people out there and more to come in the near future.

My thought exactly, which incidentally, can be found on my blog ''Splendid Rush'', which can be found at http://splendidrush.blogspot.com

Given that we''ve officially said "Hands off" would we be due cash for an illegal approach as well as compensation? (if he goes, of course).Or can he just resign first - or was that what happened with Colchester?

[quote user="Bouncebackability"]I''m just not willing to get carried away, football can do nasty things to teams... If you are so convinced we are guarenteed promotion, I suggest you wager your mortgage on it down at the bookies! If it comes off and your rich, I will take my hat off you and buy you a drink![/quote]

I had a hefty bet before the first game of the season, but admittedly not quite the mortgage..... LOL

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Bouncebackability"]I''m just not willing to get carried away, football can do nasty things to teams... If you are so convinced we are guarenteed promotion, I suggest you wager your mortgage on it down at the bookies! If it comes off and your rich, I will take my hat off you and buy you a drink![/quote]

I had a hefty bet before the first game of the season, but admittedly not quite the mortgage..... LOL

[/quote]

Even as an optimist to state we will almost certainly be in the prem next season is ridiculous. We are one of probably 10 teams who have a shout of going up. Nothing more, nothing less. QPR have the best chance. As for the rest of us fine margins are likely to decide.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

Paul, maybe if you sell your ocean going yacht you could put a bit more money on.  BTW I would like to thank my two mates Andy and Steve for dissuading me from putting money on Russell Martin to score against QPR........bas**rds!  [:D]

I still think that Lambert will stay, but if the worst did happen, would culverhouse go with him or stay on as caretaker manager? Something that Lambert might need to think about.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]I still think that Lambert will stay, but if the worst did happen, would culverhouse go with him or stay on as caretaker manager? Something that Lambert might need to think about.[/quote]

If Lamert does go I surely hope Culverhouse will stay, he spent much of career here, works well with the players and surely he doesn''t want to keep moving round the country with Lambert everytime he fanices a change?

I wholeheartedly agree with SoB agreeing with the OP!

Calm down people ... If he really wants to leave, then he''ll leave. But, in McNally we have someone who I trust to find an equally able replacement. However hard it is to believe, there are other good managers out there! Equally, if he stays .... great!

Norwich City is bigger than any individual ... Well, apart from Sir McNally!

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

Paul, maybe if you sell your ocean going yacht you could put a bit more money on.  BTW I would like to thank my two mates Andy and Steve for dissuading me from putting money on Russell Martin to score against QPR........bas**rds!  [:D]

[/quote]

I''m sure they had your best interests at heart, Lord Horn.......  LOL

Apologies also for my insane optimism.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m sure they had your best interests at heart, Lord Horn.......  LOL

Apologies also for my insane optimism.

[/quote]

Paul- after watching Norwich for 46 years I can confirm that insane optimism helps!