Sign in to follow this  
MyGodWeArePoorToWatch

Lambert, what did we expect ?

Doesnt matter what happens now.

The damage has already been done as far as iam concerned.

He could have put this to bed with a simple not interested.

He didnt.

For whatever reason, he doesnt want to be here anymore. And should we have expected anything different ?

He club hops left right and centre, and i have to laugh seeing the burnley fans gloat like mad on there forums.

Just how long do they think he will stay there ?

They will find themselves having an owen coyle moment all over again within a year.

I cant for the life of me understand people like lambert, he is idolised here, has reasonable backing, yet the first sniff of big money and he starts acting like a cat on a hot tin roof.

If he had any morales, he would have just said he is staying put and he isnt interested.

He didnt bother to try and put fans mind at rest.

Let him bugger off, and good luck to the club he joins, because it will end in tears.

Like i said, he might not go, but this has caused damage to the club and the fans with the way he has dealt with it.

On many ocasions he has said how he loves it here, and he will only go if he is sacked.

But now when he most needs to make a statment like that, he replies " dont push me on this "

Nice one paul !

I swear our fans change their tune more than I change my socks (and I''m a very clean man!)...

When we got Lambert there were a few concerns about his ''club hopping'' and people just said, we won''t do that to us, he won''t leave us without finishing the job bla bla bla...

He hasn''t said, ''sorry but I want to leave'' he has said, I don''t wish to talk about it! I Don''t blame him! I know it would be nice if he said, ''I''m staying, don''t worry'' but he has a squad of players he needs to prepare for a game tomorrow, he doesn''t want to discuss his future at a pre match press conference!

Now look at all of you, ''let him leave'' or ''fuck it lets go after Hughton or O''Neill...''! He is still our manager and IF/WHEN he leaves, we can then be angry with him! If he read this forum I reckon it would make his mind up for him ''They don''t trust me and would rather have Hughton, fuck it, wheres the phone!''

A quality post and you have nailed my exact thoughts the1englishman.All Lambert had to do was to reasure the masses but all we got was a man who has decided to sit firmly on the fence.I was thinking about this situation last night whilst on a nightshift, i have always found it strange that Lambert has never set down his roots in the county and bought somewhere as i am led to believe he is still at Dunston Hall living out of a suitcase!As much as i love the guy for what he has done he has never previously shown any former employers any loyalty and respect so why should we be any different?I think were mearly a stepping stone and a meal ticket to bigger and better things!I honestly thought he would look at the bigger picture and wait to see how far he could take us without jumping ship as i firmly believe he would have had a far better proposition than Burnley given time!!Anyhow thanks for the memories Paul and you will never know how big you could have made the yellow army!!

[quote user="Bouncebackability"]I swear our fans change their tune more than I change my socks (and I''m a very clean man!)...

When we got Lambert there were a few concerns about his ''club hopping'' and people just said, we won''t do that to us, he won''t leave us without finishing the job bla bla bla...

He hasn''t said, ''sorry but I want to leave'' he has said, I don''t wish to talk about it! I Don''t blame him! I know it would be nice if he said, ''I''m staying, don''t worry'' but he has a squad of players he needs to prepare for a game tomorrow, he doesn''t want to discuss his future at a pre match press conference!

Now look at all of you, ''let him leave'' or ''fuck it lets go after Hughton or O''Neill...''! He is still our manager and IF/WHEN he leaves, we can then be angry with him! If he read this forum I reckon it would make his mind up for him ''They don''t trust me and would rather have Hughton, fuck it, wheres the phone!''[/quote]

So because he has a squad to prepare, the simple sentance " iam happy here, iam staying " was to risky and would unsettle the players ?

Are you daft ????

I''m not saying he shouldn''t have said that to calm everyone, but why should he repeat himself that he is happy here? I know I hate being asked questions time and time again..

Obviously I don''t want him to leave but he hasn''t said he is leaving and neither have the club. So until they do, can we stop this shit?

[quote user="canary_girl"]coudn''t have put it better myself[/quote]

+1

This is Norwich City our team.

Small lovely city with a team that gets 25,000 fans each week.

Away support that is premier league standard.

We are bigger than any individual manager if we dont get respect then he can get stuffed.

Has anyone thought that maybe some advisors at NCFC has told him to not talk about it? Silly thought I know but the statement from the board last night was a clear ''no'' and just maybe they have asked him not to drawn on the matter and to concentrate on the job at hand? Makes sense, but then again when has logic come into football!?!

He''s a bullshi.tter. I shall gladly withdraw that comment if he proves me wrong with the right kind of statement, reaffirming his desire to see the project through at NCFC. How could anybody have their head turned by sodding Burnley?

[quote user="Bouncebackability"]Lets all slag him off and make his mind up for him!! Well done all :)[/quote]I have to say I agree with you, I have no idea why so many have jumped on the anti-PL bandwagon when (if you read my post above) he could just be tight lipped because that is a good way to go considering we have a game tomorrow and this was a press conference about that!

Jesus Christ. I don''t want to get embroiled in every single one of these threads but give him some slack.

What''s happened? Nothing.

What''s Lambert said? Nothing (and as a poster has already said, has probably been told to say nothing - whatever he had said, people would have twisted it one hundred and one ways).

Who''s our manager right now? Lambert

I''m not going to say he''s definitely, definitely staying but don''t start hammering the bloke just because Norwich have released a press statement saying they''ve rejected Burnley''s ENQUIRY.

Burnley are most definitely not welcome to Lambert but they''re more than welcome to some of the supporters on here

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Jesus Christ. I don''t want to get embroiled in every single one of these threads but give him some slack. What''s happened? Nothing. What''s Lambert said? Nothing (and as a poster has already said, has probably been told to say nothing - whatever he had said, people would have twisted it one hundred and one ways). Who''s our manager right now? Lambert I''m not going to say he''s definitely, definitely staying but don''t start hammering the bloke just because Norwich have released a press statement saying they''ve rejected Burnley''s ENQUIRY. Burnley are moAgrest definitely not welcome to Lambert but they''re more than welcome to some of the supporters on here[/quote]

Agreed.... I hate the way he is being spoken about already? At the moment he is OUR manager, so why on earth are you all slagging him off?

Have some of you never heard of smoke without fire ?

There would be no discussion going on here if he had simply continued to say what he has in the past.

He is happy, he is staying.

That would have put the whole thing to bed.

Dont come on here slagging the fans off because they have the impression he is going.

Why do they have that impression in the first place i wonder ??

[quote user="Bouncebackability"]

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Jesus Christ. I don''t want to get embroiled in every single one of these threads but give him some slack. What''s happened? Nothing. What''s Lambert said? Nothing (and as a poster has already said, has probably been told to say nothing - whatever he had said, people would have twisted it one hundred and one ways). Who''s our manager right now? Lambert I''m not going to say he''s definitely, definitely staying but don''t start hammering the bloke just because Norwich have released a press statement saying they''ve rejected Burnley''s ENQUIRY. Burnley are moAgrest definitely not welcome to Lambert but they''re more than welcome to some of the supporters on here[/quote]

Agreed.... I hate the way he is being spoken about already? At the moment he is OUR manager, so why on earth are you all slagging him off?

[/quote]

100% agreed there. This thread is unreal - maybe it''s an attempt at satire. Am shaking my head in disbelief.

I doubt if Lambert actually wants to go to Burnley. But I suspect he would like to be allowed to hear what they have to say for three reasons.

1 The decision becomes his, not someone elses''s. And who would blame him for wanting control of his own destiny?

2 It would enable him to come back to NCFC saying "I didn''t want to go to Burnley, but it was tempting because they were offering a salary of £x and a player budget of £y." You can bet those figures will be higher than those he already has, otherwise why would Burnley think they could get him?

3 It would send a message to others that he might be interested in moving if the right offer did come along, if not now, in the summer.

Lambert: "Don''t push it. Don''t push or I''ll give you a war you won''t believe."

Sounds like he''s a bit peed off to me - if he was happy to stay, he''d have just said he''s going nowhere and has a job to do.

Thought he''d wait till the end of the season but he''s obviously angry with something and I''m guessing it''s the 2 signings he''s after and not getting the (promised?) funds for them....sound familiar?

Better get the horses back!

Where''s Lappinitup when you need him.   LAPP!! you know what to say.[;)]

This has all happened so quickly that I imagine even Lambert isn''t sure what he wants. The Burnley statement came out at 10pm last night, and although I''m sure they made the approach to Norwich before that, I would only imagine it was sometime on Thursday.

I doubt Lambert or his agent (if he has one, he didn''t when we brought him in) have spoken to Burnley already. We probably won''t find out the outcome of this until sometime mid next week at the earliest so the best thing we can all do is go to the game on Saturday and cheer on the team and Lambert like normal.

It is every football fan''s right to be fickle, but the way people have turned on Lambert surprises me greatly.

I understand that we do not want him to leave and that him not saying anything on the matter just makes things seem worse. However, he did turn up at the press conference and in my opinion, he wouldn''t have put himself in the media firing line if he was drilling out a contract with another club. If he wanted to go today, I think he would have ''missed'' the press conference today.

If Culverhouse does the post match interview tomorrow, then we can start getting more concerned.

[quote user="the1englishman"]Doesnt matter what happens now.

The damage has already been done as far as iam concerned.

He could have put this to bed with a simple not interested.

He didnt.

For whatever reason, he doesnt want to be here anymore. And should we have expected anything different ?

He club hops left right and centre, and i have to laugh seeing the burnley fans gloat like mad on there forums.

Just how long do they think he will stay there ?

They will find themselves having an owen coyle moment all over again within a year.

I cant for the life of me understand people like lambert, he is idolised here, has reasonable backing, yet the first sniff of big money and he starts acting like a cat on a hot tin roof.

If he had any morales, he would have just said he is staying put and he isnt interested.

He didnt bother to try and put fans mind at rest.

Let him bugger off, and good luck to the club he joins, because it will end in tears.

Like i said, he might not go, but this has caused damage to the club and the fans with the way he has dealt with it.

On many ocasions he has said how he loves it here, and he will only go if he is sacked.

But now when he most needs to make a statment like that, he replies " dont push me on this "

Nice one paul ![/quote]i''m Sorry.. i thought Paul Lambert was still Norwich manager and has publically said he is happy with the statement the club made last night, or did i just dream that?Theres a football game to win tommorow, and thats what Paul Lamberts job is to do.. manage the team to victory.. thats why he spoke about Leyton orient.if he was going would he really have sat there and wasted an hour of his life going through the motions?

Lambert said he was happy with the statment the club gave regrding his posistion, his comments are typical of a manager who''s been told by his board to not add more wood to the fire. He made a very quick statment saying he agreed with the board and then told the media to focus their attention on tomorrow''s game. I think we should do the same.