Sign in to follow this  
Lynn Canary

Lambert Bashers

What is wrong with all you negative fans ? Lambert has done a great job since taking charge at our club, he then gets linked to a job, in which he doesnt want to talk about because he is happy with the statement that was released, then all you lot start slagging him off. If he reads this messageboard and then see''s you lot slagging him off and telling him he get stuffed, then why would he want to stay. He may then change his mind, and think that you ''fans'' don''t want him there so he may aswell leave. I was upset that he didn''t clearly say '' i don''t want the job'' , but he said he was happy with the statement released which said that Lambert is going nowhere. If he is happy with that, then why are you still going on about it. Lambert is still at our club, not at Burnley. They are all gloating saying he is there ? They were saying that last night before we had even rejected the approach. They are naive, just like many of the fans on here today. We love Lambert, Lambert loves the fans. Get off his back, and show him and the team full support for the rest of the season, to show how much he means to us, and maybe we can make a serious push for promotion. Why would he leave a team right in the mix to go to a team that not even in the play offs, and they aren''t exactly rich. In Lambert we trust.

[quote user="Lynn Canary"]What is wrong with all you negative fans ? Lambert has done a great job since taking charge at our club, he then gets linked to a job, in which he doesnt want to talk about because he is happy with the statement that was released, then all you lot start slagging him off. If he reads this messageboard and then see''s you lot slagging him off and telling him he get stuffed, then why would he want to stay. He may then change his mind, and think that you ''fans'' don''t want him there so he may aswell leave. I was upset that he didn''t clearly say '' i don''t want the job'' , but he said he was happy with the statement released which said that Lambert is going nowhere. If he is happy with that, then why are you still going on about it. Lambert is still at our club, not at Burnley. They are all gloating saying he is there ? They were saying that last night before we had even rejected the approach. They are naive, just like many of the fans on here today. We love Lambert, Lambert loves the fans. Get off his back, and show him and the team full support for the rest of the season, to show how much he means to us, and maybe we can make a serious push for promotion. Why would he leave a team right in the mix to go to a team that not even in the play offs, and they aren''t exactly rich. In Lambert we trust.[/quote]

ok............... because he has shown us such respect my turning around saying i am happy at norwich and i am going no where!!! oh wait no he didnt do that, he is disrepecting us, as i said many times today he has always quashed claims before with rumors of jobs, this time he has not, he will be a disgrace if he goes there

Lynn Canary - what you have to remember is that there is a minority of city fans who''re not happy unless they''re having a good old moan about something. They love it.

But he doesn''t owe us any respect. He owes us nothing. We''d still be a league 1 club if it weren''t for him. We all knew loyalty wasn''t an issue for him - if it was we''d still be in League 1 cos he wouldn''t have come to us. So who can blame him for moving to a club with more money to further his career, having done a fantastic job here, if that''s what he wants to do?

[quote user="greenTshirt"]Lynn Canary - what you have to remember is that there is a minority of city fans who''re not happy unless they''re having a good old moan about something. They love it.[/quote]

its not moaning for a start its an opinion, please explain to all of us we he didnt say the club have made a statement and as said previously i am happy here!?

why is there all this fuss? normally the rumor us quashed and we move on this one has not, why was mcnally there before the conference? he is never never on a friday morning, no smoke without fire.

Exactly, he has said it many times before, so why should he have to say it again ? He was happy with the club statement which said he won''t be going anywhere.If he wanted to go he could have said '' the club has released a statement and i have nothing more to say '', then people would have reason to be concerned. He is still at Norwich, he''s not at Burnley. I love Norwich , but some of the fans are truly a disgrace. Were 3rd in the league in our first season back in the Championship, and you still have to get on the back of the manager. How on earth is he disrespecting us ? In one way, id like to see him leave, and say that is because of fans like you that he is. What more does he have to do to prove he wants to be here. He has made us promotion candidates on a mediocre mudget, and he still has put up with people like you.

[quote user="judderman"]But he doesn''t owe us any respect. He owes us nothing. We''d still be a league 1 club if it weren''t for him. We all knew loyalty wasn''t an issue for him - if it was we''d still be in League 1 cos he wouldn''t have come to us. So who can blame him for moving to a club with more money to further his career, having done a fantastic job here, if that''s what he wants to do?
[/quote]

first of all your a tw*t if you think going to burnley somehow would further his career, we have given him the opportunity to perform, before us as a manager he had achieved nothing!!!

[quote user="Lynn Canary"]Exactly, he has said it many times before, so why should he have to say it again ? He was happy with the club statement which said he won''t be going anywhere.If he wanted to go he could have said '' the club has released a statement and i have nothing more to say '', then people would have reason to be concerned. He is still at Norwich, he''s not at Burnley. I love Norwich , but some of the fans are truly a disgrace. Were 3rd in the league in our first season back in the Championship, and you still have to get on the back of the manager. How on earth is he disrespecting us ? In one way, id like to see him leave, and say that is because of fans like you that he is. What more does he have to do to prove he wants to be here. He has made us promotion candidates on a mediocre mudget, and he still has put up with people like you.[/quote]

idiot!!!!!!!!!!! i think you will find most fans feel the way i do and your the exception, just read the other posts. and i have no problem if he left to further his career, burnley would not be doing that. he should either dispell the rumor one way or another saying hes staying or wants to go. end of, not all this distraction and unease now surrounding the club, apprently we are bringing in two other players, how are they going to feel about this? hoolhan who is out of contract in 6 months,

[quote user="greenTshirt"]Lynn Canary - what you have to remember is that there is a minority of city fans who''re not happy unless they''re having a good old moan about something. They love it.[/quote]

That''s just silly. All they are saying is that it would not have been at all unreasonable for Lambert to have referred to the Club''s official statement and simply added " and by the way, I am happy here and I am going nowhere". Had he said that then this Message Board would have been as quiet as it normally is these days apart from having fun at Ipswich''s expense.Who''s laughing now ? Not Norwich fans, not Ipswich fans ....... wait .... could it be Col Who fans and Mr Cowell ??

I am sorry but you are being naive. Whilst i agree that we should all wait and see how this pans out before anyone starts having a go at lambert: (there is still an outside chance he is using it to lever funds for the transfer window):

1. It takes 5 seconds for him to say "i am not interested in going to Burnley." The fact he has said he is happy at Norwich previously does not mean he can just brush aside the question when it is posed in the context of events in the last 24 hours. It wouldn''t have any impact on our preparations for the match tomorrow other than a positive one if he came out and said that. Mcnally also would not have stopped him from saying it if that is his position. 

2. There have been rumours now for two weeks that Lambert is interested in the Burnley job and of various meetings between lambert and his advisers and Burnley officials. Some may be nonsense but they have been too persistent for my liking. At the very least his agent has encouraged them and has not deterred them from making this approach and that for me is very disappointing. I am not naive. i know Lambert is mercenary, out for number 1 and will leave us sooner rather than later but for it all to come to a head over a club like Burnley is particularly galling.

"What more does he have to do to prove he wants to be here?" - say it. Simple as that. Maybe moving to live in the area would have been nice as well!

[quote user="simo86"]

[quote user="judderman"]But he doesn''t owe us any respect. He owes us nothing. We''d still be a league 1 club if it weren''t for him. We all knew loyalty wasn''t an issue for him - if it was we''d still be in League 1 cos he wouldn''t have come to us. So who can blame him for moving to a club with more money to further his career, having done a fantastic job here, if that''s what he wants to do?
[/quote]

first of all your a tw*t if you think going to burnley somehow would further his career, we have given him the opportunity to perform, before us as a manager he had achieved nothing!!!

[/quote]

Ah...resorting to name calling, that''s always going to win you the argument!  Before anyone starts making any comments, maybe the facts should be established.  Until then, some on here ought to take a reality check.

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="simo86"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ah...resorting to name calling, that''s always going to win you the argument!  Before anyone starts making any comments, maybe the facts should be established.  Until then, some on here ought to take a reality check.

[/quote]

just pure frustration, and may i ask then what he has achieved as a manager before us? losing in the play offs with wycombe? doing nothing at col who?

Hucks -

Just taking my frustrations out on a running machine, Only Lambert knows what he wants to do, i would be appalled if he left for Burnley

Iwan Roberts -

All pl had to add was that he was committed to ncfc as simple as that!!

you guys going to slate these two legends as well?

You really are like a little child. So ,if im the exception, i expect there will only be about 3000 fans then for our matches ? No, there wont be because if you look around the other posts,its the same immature muppets like yourself that our starting numerous threads about the same load of crap. Yeah, he wants some more players, that sounds like a manager thats off if you ask me. Why would he want to sign some more players if he was leaving ? He wants a couple of players because he wants to make a push for promotion. Would you rather we didnt sign anyone so that when our players get injured we don''t have any cover, then we fall out of the running for promotion ? I should think you would actually, because you don''t really seem like a fan to me. Yes Hoolahan is out of contract in 6 months ? What makes you think that they aren''t tryin to get a contract sorted out ? Do you work for Norwich City ? No you don''t, so you have no idea what''s going on behind the scenes. Until Lambert comes out and says he WANTS to leave, he is our manager. He hasn''t said he wants to leave, so shut the hell up with all the negative rubbish. How many times has he said he wants to leave . . . None. How many times has he said he is happy here . . .Plenty. So why should he have to say it again. Nothing''s changed, he''s gona stay, and you are a pleb.

Jim, maybe he is like a lot of us married men out there who detest repeating themselves all of the time, therefore he doesn''t come out with the exact words that so many of you want to hear because he has said it all before and is pi**ed off at the thought of having to say it all again, just to keep us and the media quiet. I may as yet be proven wrong, however I hope to g*d I am not!

[quote user="simo86"][quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="simo86"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

just pure frustration, and may i ask then what he has achieved as a manager before us? losing in the play offs with wycombe? doing nothing at col who?

[/quote]

I''m more interested in what he has done at our club than what he did before.

He will probably have been advised as to what to say this morning so all this angst should be directed elswhere.

[quote user="Lynn Canary"]You really are like a little child. So ,if im the exception, i expect there will only be about 3000 fans then for our matches ? No, there wont be because if you look around the other posts,its the same immature muppets like yourself that our starting numerous threads about the same load of crap. Yeah, he wants some more players, that sounds like a manager thats off if you ask me. Why would he want to sign some more players if he was leaving ? He wants a couple of players because he wants to make a push for promotion. Would you rather we didnt sign anyone so that when our players get injured we don''t have any cover, then we fall out of the running for promotion ? I should think you would actually, because you don''t really seem like a fan to me. Yes Hoolahan is out of contract in 6 months ? What makes you think that they aren''t tryin to get a contract sorted out ? Do you work for Norwich City ? No you don''t, so you have no idea what''s going on behind the scenes. Until Lambert comes out and says he WANTS to leave, he is our manager. He hasn''t said he wants to leave, so shut the hell up with all the negative rubbish. How many times has he said he wants to leave . . . None. How many times has he said he is happy here . . .Plenty. So why should he have to say it again. Nothing''s changed, he''s gona stay, and you are a pleb.[/quote]

that aimed at me or darren huckerby and iwan roberts aswell?

[quote user="Proper Charlie"]Jim, maybe he is like a lot of us married men out there who detest repeating themselves all of the time, therefore he doesn''t come out with the exact words that so many of you want to hear because he has said it all before and is pi**ed off at the thought of having to say it all again, just to keep us and the media quiet. I may as yet be proven wrong, however I hope to g*d I am not![/quote]

Charlie - I take your point. i accept he has been asked before and has said he is happy here but with respect it has never been in the context of an official approach from a rival club before. We, he and everybody knew that all eyes would be focused on what he said this morning and he had the opportunity to kill the runours stone dead. He hasn''t taken it. I still cling to the hope that this is all him playing hardball with the board over transfer funds but thats about the only hope I have really.

You, definantly you. You act so negative. Does it matter what Lambert did before he got here ? What matters is what he has done since being here. He''s done a great job, and no doubt he could keep us in the Premier League when he eventually gets us there

[quote user="Lynn Canary"]You, definantly you. You act so negative. Does it matter what Lambert did before he got here ? What matters is what he has done since being here. He''s done a great job, and no doubt he could keep us in the Premier League when he eventually gets us there[/quote]

hucks and iwan said the same things so shock horror, so they must be morrons as well by association?

What, are they going around on every thread, sayint the same load of crap, and saying that Lambert is a disgrace,and should leave the club now,like all the other muppets today on this board. Do you think Lambert will leave then ? Do you want him to leave ?

I hate to say it, but he would be furthering his career there. We gave him £100,000 to spend on Wilbraham and Burnley have £4-5m parachute money for transfers. They have money to spend and we dont, we have to get used to that.

[quote user="Lynn Canary"]What, are they going around on every thread, sayint the same load of crap, and saying that Lambert is a disgrace,and should leave the club now,like all the other muppets today on this board. Do you think Lambert will leave then ? Do you want him to leave ?[/quote]

i have said neither, all i have said is that he should of shown us some respect and if he really is not going to leave or not interested he would of said so, and he did not.

i do not want him to leave he is the best thing thats happened to this club for a long time, but its looking like he may well do that, he is giving out the signals he is interested in talking to burnely

But he has said countless times that he is happy here, so he shouldnt have to say it again. I don''t fear he will leave, but i fear that this may well cause a bad run. We haven''t looked like going on a losing streak, but i think this could trigger it.

[quote user="M.A.T.T"]I hate to say it, but he would be furthering his career there. We gave him £100,000 to spend on Wilbraham and Burnley have £4-5m parachute money for transfers. They have money to spend and we dont, we have to get used to that.[/quote]

they dont have a good as TEAM as us though, they may have some better individuals, but not a better team or club with our infrastructure, plus the fact i think we have supported lambert pretty well with the players he has brought in espcially the likes of barnett and surman, neither who would of been cheap. i think he would be crazy to go, who would burnley even be able to attract to them? they couldnt get any1 decent when they were in the prem

[quote user="M.A.T.T"]I hate to say it, but he would be furthering his career there. We gave him £100,000 to spend on Wilbraham and Burnley have £4-5m parachute money for transfers. They have money to spend and we dont, we have to get used to that.[/quote]

to be fair to the board though, we may not be full of cash but last January they gave him money, this summer I think PL bought seven players and they wern''t all cheap who no one wanted, this January we have already bought Barnett who apparently Lambert has been after for ages, we have bought in another albeit cheap striker and its only early January. In my eyes PL has been given money to practically rebuild his own team, which he has and we are now sitting joint second with key injured players on the verge of returning. IF he leave for Burnley, its utter madness

[quote user="ron obvious"]
It strikes me that some NCFC fans are behaving like an insecure husband:

"That bloke made a pass at you - you tart!!"

[/quote]

But it would appear he''s walking about in a mini skirt, fishnet tights and has his puppy''s on display.....

[quote user="canary_girl"]

to be fair to the board though, we may not be full of cash but last January they gave him money, this summer I think PL bought seven players and they wern''t all cheap who no one wanted, this January we have already bought Barnett who apparently Lambert has been after for ages, we have bought in another albeit cheap striker and its only early January. In my eyes PL has been given money to practically rebuild his own team, which he has and we are now sitting joint second with key injured players on the verge of returning. IF he leave for Burnley, its utter madness

[/quote]

agreed

[quote user="Proper Charlie"]Jim, maybe he is like a lot of us married men out there who detest repeating themselves all of the time, therefore he doesn''t come out with the exact words that so many of you want to hear because he has said it all before and is pi**ed off at the thought of having to say it all again, just to keep us and the media quiet. I may as yet be proven wrong, however I hope to g*d I am not![/quote]

I am a married man too and I don''t like repeating myself either but this is totally different. Unlike previous situations this is a formal approach from Burnley for our manager and, as I already said, it would not have been at all unreasonable for Lambert to have referred to the Club''s official statement and simply added " and by the way, I am happy here and I am going nowhere". What''s the problem with that ? By omitting this reassurance he has caused huge amounts of speculation, hopefully all unfounded.......... but who knows ?!