Sign in to follow this  
canarynotsonew77

Keane Sacked as Ipswich Manager

It can''t be too much of a surprise if he''s gone, but the timing is a bit odd given that it looked like they''d turned the corner and had some half decent performances/results.

What is it with football at the moment though - a huge pile of sackings in the last week or so, and 3-4 potential Prem vacancies if the media is to be believed (33-1 odds that Chelsea, Liverpool, Villa and West Ham will all have new/no manager before next league game).

There is nothing on the ITFC website or on the EADT so it looks like just a rumour on TWTD and anyway i am far more concerned about what is going on at this end of the A140.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]They could do a heck of a lot worse than Chris Hughton[/quote]Who gives a feck?If they got Roeder I''d laugh, thats about it.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]They could do a heck of a lot worse than Chris Hughton[/quote]

Who gives a feck?
If they got Roeder I''d laugh, thats about it.
[/quote]

You![;)]

Woke up early to watch the Ashes wickets falling.  Sky Sports News (7am headline) is reporting that Roy Keane has been sacked as Ipswich Manager.  Let''s see if it gets confirmed during the morning.

Hardly a surprise?

Thought he''d have gone sooner - observing Norwich shows what can happen when you begin to slide towards League One!

Unlike Burnley I would imagine their replacement is already lined up - probably Houghton?

[quote user="Proper Charlie"]Bit harsh I didn''t think his missus was that bad![/quote]

That made me laugh.Shame he has gone, thought he was doing an excellent job with the Scum

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Paul Jewell.  Brilliant, lol.[/quote]I''d heard rumours that he was in the frame, but nothing concrete... is this just based on those rumours, or do you have anything certain?

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Paul Jewell.  Brilliant, lol.[/quote]I''d heard rumours that he was in the frame, but nothing concrete... is this just based on those rumours, or do you have anything certain?[/quote]Their Press Conference is at 11.00

[quote user="Proper Charlie"]This is bad news for all City fans, he''s been doing a great job of trying to get the binners relegated!![/quote]

Agent Keane has been discovered!

Sky seemed pretty sure Paul Jewell was about to walk in to the press conference and be announced as the manager but Ipsh*t chief exec saying it''s not a done deal - they do jump the gun sometimes

The Sky reporter at the Ipswich press conference just said to Clegg we understand Gary Megson is your number 1 choice