Sign in to follow this  
Cheeky Monkey

I left early.......

Ok, I''ve read all the rants about leaving early..... and I trully regret it!

I am a very loyal fan but I will decide when I leave, not everyone else!

Nuff said!

Congratulations. You''ve just posted the 1000th thread on this very subject.Have a banana!http://albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

left early-disgrace!!!

i dont care if we are 7-0 down. i love norwich and wouldnt leave whatever. bet your one of these people that has to get to there car early so that u dont get caught in traffic, or someone who leaves 5 mins early at half time to get a pint becasue u cant be bothered to queue.

stay away mate!!

So if Norwich are 7-0 down Robert Donaldson would stay till the end and everyone else can stay away.  Well woopy doo give yourself a house point and with everyone else staying away would really improve the financial stability of the club.

[quote]left early-disgrace!!! i dont care if we are 7-0 down. i love norwich and wouldnt leave whatever. bet your one of these people that has to get to there car early so that u dont get caught in traffic...[/quote]

How dare you tell other fans to stay away, it has absolutely nothing to do with you.

Thats way out of order Donaldson, Shame on you.  Maybe you should stay away from these boards if all u''re gonna do is have a go at other posters. Its nowt to do with you if he left early, its up to him!

loyal fans stay to the end - FACT!!!

i''m not telling people not to come but no loads of people who would give anything for a ticket to a match. and all u do is spit on the club by leaving. maybe YOU should stay away from these message boards and AWAY from the ground.

[quote]left early-disgrace!!! i dont care if we are 7-0 down. i love norwich and wouldnt leave whatever. bet your one of these people that has to get to there car early so that u dont get caught in traffic...[/quote]

robert donaldson

sorry, if we all waited until half time to queue for refreshments in the barclay, or to use the toilets we would either get crushed in the rush (some of us have young kids at the game or are infirm and elderly!)

don''t know where you sit robert, but you have to miss either the last bit of the first half or the first bit of the second to use the ladies/get refreshments

fact of life, nothing to do with ''loyal support''

i suppose you are going to say i am not a real fan, cos i let my partner go to the game instead of me on saturday

just concentrate on supporting the team and let everyone else do as they want!

How dare you question the fans loyalty!?! I admit it, I left early, but I have a reason. I left a couple of minutes after Ashton scored, so I left at 4-2, but only because my mate wanted to see the away coach leave, so I caved in, and how I regret it now. But that doesn''t mean I am going to stay away. How dare you say that. I decide when I leave, and I didn''t want to leave. But how dare you. I am a loyal fan no matter what you throw at me, and, most probably unlike you, I am renewing my season ticket in a couple of weeks time before the first deadline, regardless of whether we stay up or not. You seem like a glory hunter, so go clear off down Ipswich because they will probably be going up! I have stuck with this club through thick and thin. I remember going to my ifrst game in 1997, long before the glory days of Worthington and the play offs, those were the days of hovering ever so close to relegation. So HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THE LOYALTY OF THE SUPPORTERS JUST BECAUSE THEY LEFT LITTLE OVER 120 SECONDS EARLY. SHAME ON YOU!?!?!

gazza the great, i understand where you''re coming from and am not questioning your support by leaving early to use the toilet, i do it, who doesnt? 

its when u go down and see people drinking with 35 mins play? thats what annoys me! i sit upper barclay

Robert,  you should try being an exiled fan who has a 3 & half hour journey to look forward to following a game before he gets home.  Now, that said, I never leave early, never have, never will do, but staying to the end, as stated by others on here, adds at least another 45 minutes, more like an hour, on to that journey time.  Plus add on the travel costs of seeing the game, ooh, let''s say, £50 in petrol, food, because it''s such a long day, match ticket, refreshments at the ground, programme etc, and you''re talking nearly £100 for one game.  There are lots of people in that position out there, and for you to have the cheek to call them disloyal for leaving a few minutes early is a joke.  In fact, judging by your response to other people, you are a joke.

ncfc premier
how DARE YOU call me disloyal when i''ve been a season ticket holder for 11 years. you really dont have a clue mate. you left early to see the away team coach-thats shocking, what are u a boro fan? who were u hoping to see, david beckham?
i read also u sit lower riverend, HELLO THATS WHERE ALL THE GOALS WERE, but Oh u missed them. i''m not affending nayone for leaving early and i do sympathy with those who leave early for traffic, it takes me 2hr 30 to get to norwich from essex.
also ncfc bloke, i would support ipswich but i fear the last season ticket may have been taken by YOU!!!
this is meant to be a friendly message board and all i did what criticise those who left early. i''m glad i stayed and enjoyed my journey home knowing i had seen my team get a deserved point.If you would have stayed a bit longer ncfc premier, u may have heard me chanting with the other DIE HARD fans ''LOYAL SUPPORTERS'' as you left
P.S Templeton, dont take offence mate i no what it feels like

As a football fan, being accused of being a part-time or fair-weather supporter is probably the biggest insult imaginable. So I think people should really think about it carefully before they start slinging this insult about so easily.

My name on here makes it clear where we travel from for all home games and so far 90% of away games this (and most) seasons. It''s expensive, time consuming (a week ayear sat in the car to and from football we worked out the other day) but a labour of love.

Against the Baggies I HAVE to be back here for a joba t 8.00 prompt - I''m a self-employed photographer/writer and it''s an important job with good earning potential. My son''s very annoyed about it as I''ve taught him never to leave until it''s all over (part of what''s involved in supporting a club not just watching a winning team but he puts the hours in like I do anyway), but to do so I HAVE to be out of the ground at 4.45 to get to the car and away in time. Even then I''ll need an accident free A11 A14 and M6 to make it.

Does that really make me a disloyal supporter then Donaldson?

NO WAY!

Grow up, get off your high horse (or is it one-trick pony?) and put your energies into something constructive.

Over the next 14 games ALL City fans die-hard, part-time and even the sanctimonious ones like you need to focus on willing the team on to the points they need to achieve ALL our goal. Any divisiveness will only be exactly that: leave that to the likes of Palace and Routledge. Even Brian Woolnough has seen what supporting this club is really all about now, so it''s about time you moved on my son.

End of further rant, only written because I am SO fed up with reading about it and am desparate for some closure.

[quote]robert donaldson sorry, if we all waited until half time to queue for refreshments in the barclay, or to use the toilets we would either get crushed in the rush (some of us have young kids at the ...[/quote]

gazza,

I would never question your loyalty because I know you are as fanatical as me about our club but when I read that you werent going to the game , had given your ticket away and went to the cinema instead I must admit I was shocked .Then when I saw another of your posts saying you were looking forward to the summer sun and didnt mind that there was no footy to watch  I became extremely worried.

Please reassure me that you are ok.

cityangel

I am not interested in people''s reasons for leaving early, firstly I have never ever seen the point in leaving before the final whistle when one or both teams are pushing to rescue something from the game. Secondly at the next home match I would like to see ALL the city fans in the ground get behind the team like the people who remained after the 4th goal went in, maybe then we can help the team achieve their goal of staying up and be proud that we helped in doing so, and yes that does include the river end as well, come on sing up !!!!

I''M SORRY. I TAKE BACK THE QUESTIONING OF LOYALTY!!

I DIDNT MEAN TO OFFEND ANYONE, SORRY!!!

I''M ONLY HAVING A POP AT ncfc premier, WHO LEFT TO SEE THE TEAM BUS LEAVE, THATS WHEN I GET ANNOYED!! IF YOU LEAVE EARLY FOR TRAFFIC THEN FAIR DOES

[quote]gazza, I would never question your loyalty because I know you are as fanatical as me about our club but when I read that you werent going to the game , had given your ticket away and went to the cine...[/quote]

Cityangel

I''ll answer that on behalf of Gazza.

She gave the ticket to me as I don''t get to many games due to the fact that I have my two little girls on Saturdays (aged 5 and 7). She made a magnificent gesture in suggesting that I had her ticket, while she took the girls to the pictures. She is gutted that she missed a game like that, but will be back in her normal seat for the rest of the games.

I shall carry on going to the Sunday/Monday midweek games as per normal whether home or away.

So far this season I have seen Newcastle a, Spurs a, Bristol h, Man City a, Spurs h, Boro h & a, Pompey a, Liverpool h and will see Newc h and probably Charlton h as Gazza is letting me have her ticket for that one as well, while she goes shopping with the girls and my sister. So I don''t feel to hard done by and shall be putting my name down for 3 season tickets in the family enclosure today, as I feel the girls are now old enough to go to more games.

Why not do us all a favour and stay away yourself?, you blithering idiot!.

I''m ashamed to be associated with supporters like you Robert.

Your holier than thou attitude makes me sick. 

i didn''t leave early myself. but what the hell is peoples problems with this?

why not have a go at the players about theyre loyalty to the club? yes... they stayed to the end... but then again they didn''t fully arrive till the 80th minute.

people leave early for a variety of reasons... and if a supporter believes the team isn''t showing the pride, passion and determination that should be shown by the team.... then they have every right to leave. Its unfortunate that the team did find these things soon after some fans left.

maybe the team performed so well beacuse of all the people leaving in dissapointment.... that the team collectively put in the extra effort to prove that they are worth watching.... just another outlook on that one.

Im pretty sick to be honest of hearing all this rubbish about "i sit in the lower barclay, ive been a season ticket holder for 20 years, im blindly loyal, everyone should bow down to me and kiss my shoes". because in my opinion.... those who constantly insult and berate other fans for doing something slightly different to them are the poor fans.... not the few who left early in dismay at the teams poor performance.

people might leave early, people might not sing, people might not stand..... but theyre no less of a fan than anyone else. Everyone at carrow road pays a lot of money to be there, and they may experience it how they like. there are no set rules on how to be a football fan. its each to theyre own.

and a message to those whinging "cant believe people left early, id kill for a season ticket and i''d stay till the end". Well why didn''t you get one before we were in the premiership when we couldn''t give them away.

[quote]Cityangel I''ll answer that on behalf of Gazza. She gave the ticket to me as I don''t get to many games due to the fact that I have my two little girls on Saturdays (aged 5 and 7). She made a magnific...[/quote]

Meeky,

I knew that Gazza had given you her ticket, as I read it on here somewhere .It was just a light hearted joke as I know that it would take very unusual circumstances for her to  miss a home match which is why I thought I''d just query her state of mind.

Hope you are successful in your season ticket applications for you and your girls.