Sign in to follow this  
xxxx

Burnley ask to speak to Lambert

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="Old Shuck"]It''s been dragging on for too long not to be happening. The rumours about him and Burnley started a week ago, and, in all that time, not one words from Lambert or the club denying either that specific rumour or a general one committing his future to the club. He seems to think he has taken us as afar as he can-all these remarks about "survival", "staying up" etc, does that mean thats all he thinks he can do here and that promotion isn''t going to happen? He made that comment about players, if they needed to be sold, it would cause "trouble", maybe there were signs of discontent when he made that statement, maybe he was already considering his options then, was there money promised that he hasn''t seen, was the signing of Wilbraham symbolic of how we were going to strengthen the squad, was that the straw that broke the camels back?? He''s hugely ambitious, and, if he gets Burnley up and then moves on again, will they be THAT bothered if he has at least got them back into the Premier League? Doubt it. But, for us, his leaving now would be about as bad a time as you can imagine, we have momentum, confidence, a dressing room behind him, wanting to play for him. Maybe (ao many "maybe''s") if he does move on, then staying up will be the best we can hope for anyway? And whats McNally''s role in all of this, he has been remarkably quiet of late. Has there been a fall out? is he negotiating with Burnley, has he written Lambert off and is prepared to let him go? Quite honestly, if Lambert wants to go, lets not try to persuade him to stay. if he wants out, let him go, and lets get whatever we can from Burnley for him. If that is the case, the sooner he fucks off, the better as far as I am concerned. He was "bubbling under" at Colchester, but it is this club that has made him and made his reputation as a Manager, and this club that has backed him with money that we don''t have. Its football, we did it to Colchester, now it is being done to us, it is likely we will approach a Manager in work ourselves to replace him, that is the way of things. Let him go by all means, but if he does go, then one thing the club must do is resolutely deny Burnley any chance to speak to any of our players, at all, any time, period. Because he will, sure as hell, want to take some of them with him. Holt for certain-and you think he (Holt) might just be interested. The real test for our Board will be the calibre of the man they seek to replace him with. Do we think and act big-or fumble around and appoint another soft and easy option?[/quote]

Sorry i dont look to attack people for thier opinions and views, but this statement is ridiculus, i cant believe u just wasted a good 10 mins of your life writting that. I''m not gonna start to point out the flaws in your argument, the whole thing is absurd, I hope your just looking to get some debate going ''cos otherwise u must live in a very depressed world being so pessimistic
[/quote]

LOL, it actually only took me about three minutes to type!

They''re my thoughts, I have mine, you have yours. And what if I''m right, what if he does go? How "ridiculous" will it all look then?

You must be very confident indeed that he is staying, what makes you so certain that what I have written (ie) the possibility of our Manager leaving, is "absurd"? I hope you''re right!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

I''m pretty certain they are still in Scotland. As I understand i he usually flies home to Scotland at the end of the week and Culverhouse takes training Monday - Wednesday most weeks.

[/quote]

They were still in Scotland in June 2010 hence this story

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2010/06/13/celts-hero-paul-lambert-fights-to-save-marriage-to-childhood-sweetheart-86908-22330419/

Didn''t Sheff Utd have permission to speak to Sean O''Driscoll before Micky Adam''s took the job?? Last time I checked O''Driscoll is still at Donny.

[quote user="Lambo"]Didn''t Sheff Utd have permission to speak to Sean O''Driscoll before Micky Adam''s took the job?? Last time I checked O''Driscoll is still at Donny.[/quote]

A very rare occurance is that!

...according to the official Burnley statement. Doesn''t that infer that Lambert has applied for the job?

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[quote user="Urban heat island"]How often are bookies wrong ?........Malky Mackay is doing a fine job at the Hornets.....Keep the faith!!Paul Lambert now odds-on with bookies for Burnley post - The Scotsman [/quote]

Malky was 1/5 For the Burnley Job at 3pm this afternoon

Lambert, McInnes, Big Sam, Phil Brown and Eddie Howe have all been ''odds on'' at some point this week.

[/quote]Browns gone to Preston, my tip is for Malky for the Clarets.

In my opinion, it''s ludicrous to read into the situation that burnley have spoken to his agent and he''s interested. It''s every bit as feasible that they''ve spoken to his agent who told them not a chance of him going, but they want their fans to see that they are trying to get the best man for the job.

Seeing such a paranoid thread reminds me of the bad old days on this forum. Have some confidence in the gravitas and draw of our club - for the first time in years you legitimately can.

Permission not granted per the offy site, but I guess with Lambo that doesn''t really mean too much. I suppose it would mean a bigger payout for us though if he now upped and left.

[quote user="cityislife"]Just been confirmed permission NOT granted.
[/quote]

Means nothing, contact as obviously been made with Lambert, I still fear the worst

What does this mean though? surely if it was that easy no club would let another club speak to thier manager? Can Paul still leave?

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[quote user="cityislife"]Just been confirmed permission NOT granted.
[/quote]

Means nothing, contact as obviously been made with Lambert, I still fear the worst

[/quote]

What a load of tosh - contact has not obviously been made with lambert. Burnley board more likely just want to demonstrate ambition to their fans.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[quote user="cityislife"]Just been confirmed permission NOT granted.[/quote]

[/quote]''means quite alot really''

If Lambert is interested he''ll quit just like he did a col who, interesting day tomorrow me thinks. Either Lambert quits or comes out and says he''s not interested. I just hope he hasn''t quit already.

[quote user="canary_girl"]What does this mean though? surely if it was that easy no club would let another club speak to thier manager? Can Paul still leave?[/quote]It''s a reprieve. He could still walk. Think back to how we got him. Could bite us on the bum.

The statement is meaningless.

If Lambert wants to go, he''ll go.

I can remember us refusing Everton permission to speak to Walker.

As said, the rejection doesnt mean anything, if he wants to go, which i''m not saying he does, he''ll go.  The club appear to be ready to fight to keep hold of him, they''ve done all they can do tonight, lets hope Burnley move on...

Absolutely no chance! What on earth can Burnley offer that we can''t? Average Championship club, surviving on parachute payments, with a very average weekly attendance.

The fallout if PL was to be allowed to walk away, (who''s to say he even wants to), would be far greater than our relegation to the third tier, and a situation i doubt Delia and co would recover from. I think we are all aware there is more money available than the club lets on, so sleep well people, it just aint gonna happen, and if it does, i''ll bare my @rse outside the forum,(enough for a few sleepless night there i think)

Good news the club have moved quickly to refuse permission. Tomorrow morning (pre match press conference) will be very telling- will PL be there, if not can we assume he''s resigned? (see situation with us and ColU[:(]). Here''s hoping he turns up and says ''I''m not intrested, thanks''.