Sign in to follow this  
xxxx

Burnley ask to speak to Lambert

The title should read

"Burnley put in official request to speak to Paul Lambert which was subsequently declined, so Burnley decide to go public about to undermine NCFC board and indirectly contact PL via media"

[quote user="NorwichCasual"]The title should read "Burnley put in official request to speak to Paul Lambert which was subsequently declined, so Burnley decide to go public about to undermine NCFC board and indirectly contact PL via media"[/quote]

Is this actually true?

For months now Lambert has been telling everyone what a fantastic bunch of players and supporters we have here , he would look really stupid if he left for someone like Burnley with their lousy fan base . Aint gonna happen .

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Managers come and go, the club and supporters will always remain. Besides which I think our next manager is already showing what he can do at Watford, come home Malky.[/quote]

Absoloutely agree - only thing is this group of players seem to have an uncanny loyalty to Lambert - reminds you of O''Neill and how he goes back and nicks every decent player.

I''m feeling quite sick with worry too. Does anybody know what the rules are regarding approaching managers? I mean I assume that Lambert has some interest in the job otherwise why would Burnley waste their time.

I would be in total disbelief if lambert did decide to go. It is fairly evident to see that we are a club on the rise, he has got players who are willing to play for him and give 110% every week, and fans that absolutley adore him. Nobody would have predicted us being where we are now at the beginning of the season, and now look at us, we are level on points with second place and I can really see us giving this a good go, regardless of whether Lambert is backed financially. As was shown against QPR and Middlesborough, even with our second rate team we are still a match for some of the top sides in the league. Lets not forget we are winning our fair share of games, and the games we do loose, more often than not our play is outstanding. Now I cant really comment on Burnley as I only tend to follow Norwich, but Lambert has already turned them down once, and they were in the premiership then, so why would he now jump ship giving their mid table position. Lambert always seems like an intelligent guy, who always talks about building for the future, with all this in mind I really cannot see how anybody with half a footballing brain would consider this move.

Anyway if Lambert does decide he is off, or even hints that he may like to go there, I think it will pan out best for us. We need someone here who is here for the long term, not someone who contradicts himself by asking his players to give 110% and then jumps ship at the first opportunity.

We shouldn''t write off Lambert yet! Hope to god he stays. Don''t start all the he''s judas sh!t or anything, he''s not gone. If he goes, Malky comes.

The club need to make a statement PDQ, to either put to bed the idea that Pl is going, or that he is going and they have found a replacement.

This must have been happening behind the scenes for a while.

Quite deceiptful really, but that''s what happens when you have a good manager, and maybe it''s pay back for what we did to Colwho

So you wouldn''t move for double your wages to a location far closer to home?

Seriously, why would Burnley go public if he''s not interested? They must''ve asked his agent if he''d be interested if a deal could be done.

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]

[quote user="NorwichCasual"]The title should read "Burnley put in official request to speak to Paul Lambert which was subsequently declined, so Burnley decide to go public about to undermine NCFC board and indirectly contact PL via media"[/quote]

Is this actually true?

[/quote]

If true ??? fair play to the board but he happily walked out of Col U. 

i have a few rays of sunshine " i will be here unless Delia sacks me or something like that" a quote from a programme not so long ago i believe? Wilbraham, surely we wouldn''t have signed him?Didn''t Sheff Utd have permission to speak to Sean O''Driscoll, but he turned them down. Still hope! Come on Paul, i love you! I''d shag you, toss you off, anything. just stay?

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Managers come and go, the club and supporters will always remain. Besides which I think our next manager is already showing what he can do at Watford, come home Malky.[/quote]

Absoloutely agree - only thing is this group of players seem to have an uncanny loyalty to Lambert - reminds you of O''Neill and how he goes back and nicks every decent player.

[/quote]

I''ve just posted something similar. If Lambert goes, he''ll be back for Holt (nearer his home) and Hoolihan. Crofts and Russell Martin would also be on his radar, I should imagine, and we''re in so much debt we''d sell them!  

[quote user="Good Evening Neil"]i have a few rays of sunshine " i will be here unless Delia sacks me or something like that" a quote from a programme not so long ago i believe? Wilbraham, surely we wouldn''t have signed him?Didn''t Sheff Utd have permission to speak to Sean O''Driscoll, but he turned them down. Still hope! Come on Paul, i love you! I''d shag you, toss you off, anything. just stay?[/quote]Not sure that''s gonna be enough to make him want to stay lolNothing on the club site yet confirming or denying this nasty rumour

[quote user="TheGoogler"]So you wouldn''t move for double your wages to a location far closer to home?

Seriously, why would Burnley go public if he''s not interested? They must''ve asked his agent if he''d be interested if a deal could be done.[/quote]I agree with you entirely. The only person that can put this to bed now is PL.

[quote user="claud"][quote user="TheGoogler"]So you wouldn''t move for double your wages to a location far closer to home?

Seriously, why would Burnley go public if he''s not interested? They must''ve asked his agent if he''d be interested if a deal could be done.[/quote]I agree with you entirely. The only person that can put this to bed now is PL.[/quote]True but only after McNasty has written a cheque with some more noughts on!

Wasn''t Lambert''s marriage in crisis a few months ago? Perhaps the pressure to be that bit closer to home is growing... coupled with a quadrupling of his salary maybe things have changed enough for him to consider a ''downways'' move to yet another crap north west England club with sub-20,000 attendances but a barrowful of Premier League cash to throw around.

Certainly clubs don''t make formal statements about seeking permission unless they''re fairly sure what they''re doing.

I guess we''re going to find out in the next 24 hours whether Lamberts ''real'' ambition is to just survive in this league this season or if privately he feels that we really can challenge for promotion.

If it was the former, with 43 points he has pretty much already achieved that, he might now think he''s got a better chance to go up with Burnley?...that maight depend on how much of the parachute payments they have left.

people need to stop shitting themselves, lambert wont leave, not now half way through a season with us in this permission, he has to much self-respect for that i am sure. there''s no point saying why would he go to burnley as there are obvious lures like  alittle bit more cash to offer him and its nearer to his home, but there are many reasons to stay at city too.This statement isn''t to worrying, you see it happen a lot, clubs making statements about apporaching managers and nothing comes from it. It could just be the owners/directors way to show the fans they are trying to get the top managers, so that when they end up with some out of job rubbish manager the club can say at least we tried to get the best.The rules are that no club can apporach another manager whilst he''s in another job, without the clubs permission. So although there could have been talk between thier representatives it could have lead to nothing, or his agent, like any good agent, is just trying get him on a higher wage at city, while lambert himself could be pushing the club for greater transfer budget among many things.You guys can keep shitting yourselfs but im sure he will be here at least till the end of the seaosn

Lets just get this straight, Burnley have made a formal approach to talk to Paul Lambert. In other words they''re going after the man the want in the right way.  Now the powers that be, Mcnally and Lambert, where do you think they are right now, 10:40 on Thirsday night?  My guess is at home.  Its not really a shock because Lambert is one of the best upcoming managers in the country, there are probably 80-85 other clubs in England who''s want him.  Lets not wet ourselves too much until the morning, when surely we will hear from our club if they have allowed permision.  If we do, then i''d say its 99.9% certain hes gone, if not, well nothings changed. 

It is a strange feeling because we''ve never had someone after our manager before.  I''m sure he''ll be here for a long time yet.

If he goes, we wont just lose PL, expect a bid for Holt in the next day or 2.

Oh and also, I think I read in the canary preview magazine somewhere, and someone earlier may have suggested this also, but im 99% sure that Lambert''s family had moved to East Anglia in the summer. So the pull of the family shouldnt be a factor......

Think there''s more chance of him being the next manager of Aston Villa, Liverpool or Chelsea than there is Burnley.

It''s the being closer to home thing that worries me, it''s no secret that Lambert travels back to Scotland regularly to see his family. I knew it was all going too well and something was goin to go wrong. I hope to God that he sees sence and tells them where to go, or even netter that McNally does .

It''s been dragging on for too long not to be happening.

The rumours about him and Burnley started a week ago, and, in all that time, not one words from Lambert or the club denying either that specific rumour or a general one committing his future to the club.

He seems to think he has taken us as afar as he can-all these remarks about "survival", "staying up" etc, does that mean thats all he thinks he can do here and that promotion isn''t going to happen?

He made that comment about players, if they needed to be sold, it would cause "trouble", maybe there were signs of discontent when he made that statement, maybe he was already considering his options then, was there money promised that he hasn''t seen, was the signing of Wilbraham symbolic of how we were going to strengthen the squad, was that the straw that broke the camels back??

He''s hugely ambitious, and, if he gets Burnley up and then moves on again, will they be THAT bothered if he has at least got them back into the Premier League? Doubt it. But, for us, his leaving now would be about as bad a time as you can imagine, we have momentum, confidence, a dressing room behind him, wanting to play for him. Maybe (ao many "maybe''s") if he does move on, then staying up will be the best we can hope for anyway?

And whats McNally''s role in all of this, he has been remarkably quiet of late. Has there been a fall out? is he negotiating with Burnley, has he written Lambert off and is prepared to let him go?

Quite honestly, if Lambert wants to go, lets not try to persuade him to stay. if he wants out, let him go, and lets get whatever we can from Burnley for him. If that is the case, the sooner he fucks off, the better as far as I am concerned. He was "bubbling under" at Colchester, but it is this club that has made him and made his reputation as a Manager, and this club that has backed him with money that we don''t have.

Its football, we did it to Colchester, now it is being done to us, it is likely we will approach a Manager in work ourselves to replace him, that is the way of things.

Let him go by all means, but if he does go, then one thing the club must do is resolutely deny Burnley any chance to speak to any of our players, at all, any time, period. Because he will, sure as hell, want to take some of them with him. Holt for certain-and you think he (Holt) might just be interested.

The real test for our Board will be the calibre of the man they seek to replace him with. Do we think and act big-or fumble around and appoint another soft and easy option?