Sign in to follow this  
xxxx

Burnley ask to speak to Lambert

So?

Preston might have asked to speak to Lambert?

I''m sure any Championship club would like Lambert to be in charge, and since he left Colchester to join Norwich last season, they might think he could do it again this season.....

Just seen this on breaking news on sky sports newssurely we wont let him go

This is terrible news. Managers have agents too; they wouldn''t have asked if they knew he was definitely not interested.

A bad, bad day for NCFC.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]I doubt they would go public unless PL has expressed some kind of interest?[/quote]

Thats the one thing that would worry me too. I really couldnt understand the move if Lambert decided to he want to do it. ok they have a fair bit of cash due to parachute payments but apart from that have no more potential than we do and we have momentum at the momment. Of course it could be Burnley trying to rock our boat alittle at the same time.

I really dislike Burnley, poxy ground, fair weather thuggish fans, nasty part of the country, and now trying to take our manager. We are a bigger club in terms of potential than Burnley, my only worry is that Brendan Flood chap will flash a lot of cash at Lambert so that he is tempted up there. Here''s hoping McNally tells them to do one...

This is quite interesting believe it or not.I think we can really gauge from this how ambitious both Norwich and Lambert are. I''ll be interested to watch this play out.P.S. no-one with ambition goes to Burnley - ask Owen Coyle!

Burnley trying dirty tricks to upset the team.  Arseholes want to scrab back up the table.  Try unstable our morale even if Lambert has no intention of leaving.

This is bad news, Burnley wouldnt make an official approach if they had no chance of getting him!

The board must back Lambert now!

We are a bigger club, higher in the league, more potential.

The only think that could possibly make him want to go there is the promise of a large kitty!

Give Lambert whatever he wants!

Very rarly do managers not join the club ''theyve been permission to speak with'', unfortunatly it doesnt matter what NCFC want, if Lamert wants to go he will make it happen.

Mmmm, until 20 minutes ago I was laughing at all the hysteria.  As others have said Burnley would not have approached unless they thought they would get a warm response.  I would expect that there have been somne sort of "negotiations" in the bachground at Carra Rudd, but it would appear these have not lead to a satisafactory outcome, hence this new development.  it doesn''t necessarily means he will go, but the gun is now placed squarelyh against the heads of the Board now.  Who will blink first?

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Burnleys initial statement today did alledge that Lambert applied for the job ![/quote]

I don''t believe that for a minute. Any actual proof?

Have they said if they actually got permission to speak to him or not?

I don''t care if they''ve asked, it''s what our board replies with that really matters.

Let''s face it he''s one of the hottest managers in the league right now. Sure Warnock and Jones are higher than him in the league but they''ve had more resources then Lambert has and he''s proven with us that he can consistently get results. He''s obviously got motivational skills for big games both QPR games, Colchester away and Leeds home and away last season show this. He''s also astute tactically in the way he sets us up week in week out, just look at the last few games, even with our depleted defence and our best midfielders missing he still got us 7 from a possible 9 points over the Christmas period and turned us into the form team.

Davo

If lambert goes to burnley ( I can''t believe I''m even considering this) I will be disgusted with him. They are a tinpot club and it will be purely financially orientated. It will also make us out to be an absolute joke of a club.

I however have faith in common sense and lambert.

If he leaves though he will make 30000 enemies..

My heart has just sank, I knew things were going to well. I''m afraid they will have spoken to his representatives already behind the scenes and will know that he is interested. He are now forcing the issue by making an officail approach. Standard tatics I''m afraid. The writing is on the wall.

I knew we would lose Lambert sooner or later but I did not imagine it was going to be a club like Burnely. They are a smaller club than us with worse facilities and worse fan base but they are armed with 4 years of parachute payments where as we have 23 million pounds of debt.

Lambert is a shrewd man and he knows that he saddled with the debt we have we are probably at the very crest of our wave where as Burnely are at a low point and if he takes them on a late run to play offs or the premiership his reputation will only get bigger. You can rest asured that assuming it all goes through he will only be at Burnley for a short space of time as he will see them as a stepping stone as well.

We can only hope that Mcnally and Co play hard ball and squeeze as much money out of Burnely as possible for the compensation for Lambert, Culverhouse and Kersa as he will defiantely want to take them all with him.

Lets hope Lambert & City stick together. He should be on a very long contract, anyone else would have had us still in Div 1. In Lambert we trust - Keep the faith!!!

McNally/etc need to out out a statement ASAP saying Lambert is not going anywhere.

Not tomorrow, not in a few hours, right now.

Let''s put this to bed straight away. If Lambert leaves for them he''s mad. Apart from anything, if he held out for another month, he''d be in the running for a number of Premiership jobs.

As great as he is, he has shown NO loyality to any club he has managed.

Though how he can see this as another step up the ladder is beyond me.

I have a feeling he will be gone within days now.

Lets just hope we get good compensation and can find another manager that plays this kind of football.

[quote user="barclayendstand"]Come on everyone who hasn''t got a ticket for Saturday, buy one tomorrow! Let''s fill Carrow Road and show PL how much we want him to stay.[/quote][y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y] [y]

Managers come and go, the club and supporters will always remain.

Besides which I think our next manager is already showing what he can do at Watford, come home Malky.

I think I saw that he always has 1 year contracts.

Ergo I dont think the compensation will be massive.

Probably maximum 1-2 million.

Sounds like he is a gonner halfway through the season we should so him also !