Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Chris Sutton spotted in Starbucks

[quote user="ricardo"]Having a coffee with wife and kids, about an hour ago.

New City manager anyone?????
[/quote]

Coffee[*-)]

What on earth were you doing in there[:O]

Rickyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy[:''(]

Wake up and smell the Peroni [B]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="ricardo"]Having a coffee with wife and kids, about an hour ago.New City manager anyone?????[/quote]

Coffee[*-)]

What on earth were you doing in there[:O]

Rickyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy[:''(]

Wake up and smell the Peroni [B]

[/quote]Large Americano Nigel.The Blueberry Muffins are a bit naff, I prefer Costa''s, but the Very Bery Scone is tasty.Peroni time begins at 7pm tonight.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands "]If he was in Starbucks, he hasn''t got very good taste - their coffee''s naff.Costa''s is far better.[/quote]Agreed, but Mrs Ricardo prefers Starbucks and being a gentleman I defer to my good lady''s preferences.Thats my exscuse anyway.

Whilst I would not want Chris Sutton as the manager of Norwich City Football Club, by no means was he "useless at Lincoln"; in his one year in charge he took them to the 3rd round of the FA Cup for the first time in other a decade, he gave Davide Somma his first break in English Football (who went on to score 9 in 14 and is now playing and scoring in the Championship) and finished 20th in League Two after taking over a team which had won 9 points from their first 9 games and had scored just 6 goals in their first 9 games. He is far from ready for a job like this, but he was credited for preserving their football league status and - remember this bit - he was not sacked but walked. It is now four months after he left Lincoln, and they are sitting pretty at joint bottom on goal difference, despite being managed by Steve Tilson -  a bloody good lower league manager.This is not football manager 2011, this is real life, a real world where Lincoln get 3000 people a week watching their games and make six figure annual losses. Not every team is going to challenge for promotion, irrespective of the manager. Do you think that Lambert could have done any better at a team with no money? Before you say yes, please bear in mind that in Steve Tilson you have a man who took Southend to two consecutive promotions, from League Two to League One and subsequently on to The Championship, something which Paul Lambert has yet to do and may choose not to do and with a much much smaller club. I hope that I have made my point.

[quote user="Big Slob"]Ha! Joking aside that would be an awful appointment, he was useless at Lincoln[/quote]See above for my response to you.