Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

We Can't Be Balanced....But

I know there has been a ridiculous amount of threads on here about the Lambert situation, and of course there has because it is a massive talking point and we would all be gutted if he left.  Anyone saying they are taking a step back and trying to see it without rose-tinted glasses is being dishonest, the way we all feel about the club means that it is nigh-on impossible for us to look at any situation involving NCFC that way, we''re all just too passionate.

But, let''s not forget this.  In the last 10 years we have had just as much success as Burnley, if not more, we''ve won two league championships remember.  We have better facilities, we have a better ground, we have a better fan base.  They have more money than us, at the moment, but that would be eradicated if we gained promotion this season.  As far as I am concerned this is the only thing that could tempt Lambert away, a chance an instant success, but we all know that money definitely doesn''t bring it.  People talking about their ''history'' compared to ours need to remember that history counts for nothing.  When you haven''t won anything for however many years history is all it is, otherwise we''d be seeing Corinthians and the Wanderers in the Premier League week in week out.  Our recent history is better than Burnley''s if we are going to look at things like that.

What we''re also forgetting is that Lambert took training, and turned up to the Press Conference today.  Would a man who is expecting to leave the club within the next few days want to train with players who would probably know he was leaving?  I can''t see the players wanting to have him in charge tomorrow as well if he was going to be on the next coach to Lancashire.  We are all reading into this because we don''t want him to leave, and especially to a rival.  Lambert is one of the best managers we''ve witnessed in a long while, but lets see how this pans out.

There are so many ways of looking at this it makes my head hurt. Maybe being closer to his family is the issue- i believe he`s still living in a hotel room which can`t be much fun. Maybe it`s just a not-so-subtle hint to our board that other clubs will pay him more than we do currently.

The only way history is really relevant is if there is an obviously large latent support ready to be tapped into if a manager can get a club on the up- such as Forest or Wednesday. Burnley just don`t have that, being just a small town surrounded by more glamorous clubs. They are like Blackburn who struggle to get a decent crowd no matter how well they`re doing.