Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

A potentially clever theory...

Most likely not, but its possible.

By Lambert not distancing himself or talking much about the Burnley speculation, he''s created more speculation and hype.

I bet lots of us have gone out and got tickets for tomorrow when we may not have bothered before.

Lambert wants more transfer money - like any other manager in his position. More ticket sales = more money. Keep the controversy up - we might sell a few thousand more - and after all, every little helps!

Incredibly optimistic and unrealistic but hey, it''s far better than some of the conspiracy theories ive read on here today!

I had a similar thought actually- Nothing says "give me more transfer money" better than i have a job offer on the table, match it. Give me the funds to get us promoted.

Unfortunatley i think i am being hugely optimistic. Time will tell. :(

[quote user="hogesar"]Most likely not, but its possible. By Lambert not distancing himself or talking much about the Burnley speculation, he''s created more speculation and hype. I bet lots of us have gone out and got tickets for tomorrow when we may not have bothered before. Lambert wants more transfer money - like any other manager in his position. More ticket sales = more money. Keep the controversy up - we might sell a few thousand more - and after all, every little helps! Incredibly optimistic and unrealistic but hey, it''s far better than some of the conspiracy theories ive read on here today![/quote]

You''re clutching, no grasping wildly at straws there.

I have a feeling he has walked or is about to. 

[quote user="hogesar"]Most likely not, but its possible.

By Lambert not distancing himself or talking much about the Burnley speculation, he''s created more speculation and hype.

I bet lots of us have gone out and got tickets for tomorrow when we may not have bothered before.

Lambert wants more transfer money - like any other manager in his position. More ticket sales = more money. Keep the controversy up - we might sell a few thousand more - and after all, every little helps!

Incredibly optimistic and unrealistic but hey, it''s far better than some of the conspiracy theories ive read on here today![/quote]

Almost on a par with Roswell and Area 51.Was PL last seen leaving the Grassy Knoll in a great hurry?

If Lambert came out and said he was happy at Norwich and was going nowhere etc - he would put off certain prem clubs that may be looking for a manager very soon. I dont think Lambert is interested in Burnley but is definately interested in West Ham, Villa etc.I think it been played as it was meant to - sort of deny it by saying hes ''happy with the statement'' and then refuse to say anymore thus if nothing happens after all the upcoming sackings he can continue where he left off with Norwich. But also dont rule it out, create a sense of being willing to leave if offer was right - alerting all the prem clubs with upcoming vacancies that Lambert is potentially available.

[quote user="hogesar"]Can you blame me? =[[/quote]No, not really, Hog but what will be will be.If it was West Ham I would be a little bit worried but Burnley, you can not be serious.

It''s not mind boggling. It''s a forum - if the same things are repeated a moderators job is to merge topics - i''m a moderator for a much busier forum and it constantly happens.

Then are you saying the moderators on this forum don''t do their job? I ask as they never get merged on this forum. why have 1 thread when 20 will do eh?

Apart from about 6 or so that have been merged already this morning into the 15 page thread about Burnley requesting permission to talk to Lambert. [:^)]

Have Burnley moved onto their next candidate ? no because they know Lamberts joining them .

[quote user="Persnickety"]If Lambert came out and said he was happy at Norwich and was going nowhere etc - he would put off certain prem clubs that may be looking for a manager very soon. I dont think Lambert is interested in Burnley but is definately interested in West Ham, Villa etc.I think it been played as it was meant to - sort of deny it by saying hes ''happy with the statement'' and then refuse to say anymore thus if nothing happens after all the upcoming sackings he can continue where he left off with Norwich. But also dont rule it out, create a sense of being willing to leave if offer was right - alerting all the prem clubs with upcoming vacancies that Lambert is potentially available.[/quote]I thought about this one two. He has no interest at all in taking a sideways step to a team who have 18 months of parachutes left until becoming broke and a Championship minnow.But by categorically stating something like "I will not be leaving this football club" or "I love this football club" he sets himself up for hatred if the right job comes along.The thing is though, if he had just said "I won''t be joining Burnley, I won''t answer any other questions" it would all be rosy. We may now have an unsettled team, worried fans, and a loss of trust. If he wanted to walk out on this club to join Liverpool, Chelsea, Celtic, who the hell could blame him? I would happily wish him good luck, he doesn''t owe this club anything at all. But, he is best served getting us promoted on a shoe string, and keeping us in the Premiership, he has a lot to achieve before he can call himself an O''Neill, he has to make us his Leicester before he earns a job like that.Remember that O''Neill took Leicester to the Premier League, won two League cups, established them as a mid-table team, and created household names out of bargain basement players. Until Andrew Crofts is the new Neil Lennon and Elliott Ward is the next Matt Elliott he hasn''t achieved anything.If he leaves this club in January he has bottled it, a second consecutive promotion could make his reputation globally, leaving for a few hundred grand a year more at this stage of the season could change the way that he is viewed not only by Norwich fans but by fans nationally.

[quote user="Persnickety"] I dont think Lambert is interested in Burnley but is definately interested in West Ham, Villa etc.[/quote]Oooooh that''s scary, 3 teams that play in Claret and Blue. [:P]