Sign in to follow this  
Sim086

Re: I think is Lambert is gone

[quote user="Proper Charlie"]Chill simo, the don''t push me bit could purely be that he is p***ed off with having to repeat him self and having to rubbish rumours all of the time. I think the club fighting tooth and nail for him just proves that the club want him to stay and that they are committed to him and he''s just saying "ditto" in a round about way, we have to remember that he is a man of few words. It says to me that he is staying, i''m hoping my "glass half full" approach is correct![/quote]

i wouldnt be nervous if he just said no i want to stay, why couldnt he say that? there is no reason not too, he normally always does

[quote user="simo86"]

[quote user="Proper Charlie"]Chill simo, the don''t push me bit could purely be that he is p***ed off with having to repeat him self and having to rubbish rumours all of the time. I think the club fighting tooth and nail for him just proves that the club want him to stay and that they are committed to him and he''s just saying "ditto" in a round about way, we have to remember that he is a man of few words. It says to me that he is staying, i''m hoping my "glass half full" approach is correct![/quote]

[/quote]

I think you should read the other part of his quote “You have seen the statement and I am happy with that,” said Lambert

He''s not going IMHO

Gutted as I am to say it, Lambert is as good as out the door as far as I''m concerned.

O''Neil would be my one and only choice. The others are very much the same. Even Malky. He''s having a good season, but it''s too early for him to make the move.

[quote user="simo86"]

i wouldnt be nervous if he just said no i want to stay, why couldnt he say that? there is no reason not too, he normally always does

[/quote]Like most ambitious managers he wants to get to the Premiership where real big money, media coverage is best and he will judge what is best for his career path.He also has crucially some players to buy which he believes will get us promotion and as we know a very tight budget. My view is he will ask for more money to get these players in or..... For Lambert timing cold not be better. The Board have to either put up or face losing Lambert and the wrath of the fans .That is why Lambert tight lipped.Oh and Burnley are no saints hence released approach to Norwich to Press to put pressure on our Board and LambertTo be honest all this kind of stuff is the reason as a life long Canary fan I struggle to have faith in the sport where money will always talk and loyalty is just a joke!Lambert will one day walk but I doubt to Burnley , maybe an Everton or Newcastle with big potential.However this situation has all the hallmarks of the O''Niell / Chase mess where we lost our manager to Leicester while we played them thanks to lack of ambition. Just as well not playing Burnley Saturday!

[quote user="canaryspike7"]simo86 - Your post gives me slight hope, but I still think he wants out of Norwich, mainly for non-football reasons.[/quote]

I highly doubt its for non-footballing reasons, he has spent most of his mangerial career in England, so why couldn''t he just wait untill the summer to move? A few more months compared to years he has spent as a manager in England is nothing, especially when he has a chance to be only the second manager to achieve back to back promotions in the premiership. If he does leave, I think it would be because he is knarcked about something that has gone on in the background

He might have a new girl friend in Lancashire - just considering all the other waffle about his personal circumstances - though god knows how they met?

[quote user="shefcanary"]He might have a new girl friend in Lancashire - just considering all the other waffle about his personal circumstances - though god knows how they met?[/quote]

What???

Definitions of slander on the Web:

• words falsely spoken that damage the reputation of another

Certain people get narked with people having an opinion, saying "chill" etc and not being as wound up as they are about it all, and then follow it with bo***cks about leaving for "non football" reasons. If he was foreign and wanted to go back home, maybe (p.s, I''m not classing anyhwere in the UK as foreign, before some one gets smart). Whatever will be will be, we can be as pi**ed off as we like and it still changes or affetcs f**k all. I''m as nervous as the next person and do not want any staff (managers, players or otherwise) to leave, but what can little old us do other than vent opinions on here?!

I say ''chill'' because nothing has happened yet AT ALL apart from Burnley announcing they have a shortlist of TEN managers, Norwich saying they have REJECTED Burnley''s official attempt to TALK to Lambert and saying they''ll FIGHT TOOTH AND NAIL to keep him here. Lambert has remained tight-lipped about it but Lambert is tight-lipped about EVERYTHING.

Never in a million years do I want Lambert leaving us but I''ll cross that bridge when I come to it, not sh*t my pants, cry and call ''the best manager Norwich have ever had'' a tw*t the second another team expresses an interest.

P.s. People who claim to support a club yet whinge, moan, sulk, complain and lament the end of the world at every opportunity really p*ss me off

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]I say ''chill'' because nothing has happened yet AT ALL apart from Burnley announcing they have a shortlist of TEN managers, Norwich saying they have REJECTED Burnley''s official attempt to TALK to Lambert and saying they''ll FIGHT TOOTH AND NAIL to keep him here. Lambert has remained tight-lipped about it but Lambert is tight-lipped about EVERYTHING.

Never in a million years do I want Lambert leaving us but I''ll cross that bridge when I come to it, not sh*t my pants, cry and call ''the best manager Norwich have ever had'' a tw*t the second another team expresses an interest.

P.s. People who claim to support a club yet whinge, moan, sulk, complain and lament the end of the world at every opportunity really p*ss me off[/quote] Good Shout!!

I think that does a disservice to Dave Stringer and Mike Walker to name but a couple.

He has done brilliantly but the club is bigger than this manager.

There is a difference between greed and ambition.

My mother always said never get serious with a girl who has to think if she wants to be with you. And in work if someone in a job interview plays it like this I would give the job to someone else drifters unsettle the other staff.

Lambert wants to go its obvious if he stays he cheated behind our backs (clubs dont put their necks out unless they know the target is interested) and it will be purely business from that point forward.

A mercenary pure and simple if he stalls on a new contract if we go up we should sack him anyhow out of spite.

the way im looking into all this is that lambert is trying to get a better contract from the club, which hes perfectly entitled to do and thoroughly deserved too, and to demand an increased transfer and wage budget to ensure the team can be strengthened sufficiently to achieve promotion. yes it may be a bit unsettling for fans and players alike, but these things are bound to happen when you have one of the best young managers around. im 99% sure he''ll still be norwich manager at end of the season, beyond then who knows

Has it even happend before that a manger in charge of a team second in the league and supposedly got on well witht the board, left for a club further down in the league, with worse facilities and a much smaller support?