Sign in to follow this  
Captain Holt

Paul Lambert: Nothing to add to Club statement issued last night - concentrating on Leyton Orient game

I must admit and am sorry to say it but I have lost a lot of respect Lambert. Around 26,000 fans fill Carrow Road everyweek and many more listening on their radio and surely all we deserved was him to say if he was going nowhere, or if he is leaving I wish he would just walk out now, I think Lambert is an amazing manager but I don''t want him sticking round a moment longer if he is not committed to this club

McNally had a meeting with Lambert before the Press Conference, it probably went something like this:DM: If we don''t say anything about Burnley today we could put a few thousand on the gate on Saturday.PL: So I can''t say I''m not going to leave?DM: That''s right.PL: The Fans won''t like it.DM: You can put their minds at rest in your press conference after the game.PL: OK but I''m not happy about it.

I must say Lamberts comments do not exactly fill me with happiness, if he really wasn''t interested and wanted to end the speculation, he simply has to say "I love it here at Norwich and there''s no chance of me leaving at this time"

keep an eye on manager resignations over the next few days..... that will tell the tale... someone will replace Laws

[quote user="Notts Canary"]I must say Lamberts comments do not exactly fill me with happiness, if he really wasn''t interested and wanted to end the speculation, he simply has to say "I love it here at Norwich and there''s no chance of me leaving at this time"[/quote]Why would he say that? Its not in HIS interests to do that, like most people he is looking after number 1 and his family (he could also be making sure he gets transfer funds too) Cant blame him for that. He probably has no intention of actually going to Burnley.

Lambert wouldn''t tolerate a player having the same negative impact in the build up to a game, Its strange but after the QPR game he walked around the pitch and applauded the fans, was he caught up in the moment of the match or was he really saying "Goodbye"

Time will tell but its not being handled very well, we as fans deserve better.

HRH

He''s as good as gone as far as I''m concerned. We know his usually sayings in situations like this ''I love it here'' etc. Why didn''t he say that this time? Maybe he no longer loves it here.

I hate to say it but he''s gone people, if he wants out then Bye Bye - as long as he don''t take any of our players.

Time to move on to the next chapter, even without PL we can still gain promotion.

OTBC!!!!

That''s all he had to say.

Why didn''t he say it???

I''d still be surprised if he went to Burnley.  Are there other clubs in for him?  Hence why he said he is happy with the club''s statement re Burnley, but would not be drawn on saying he was staying.  West Ham, Liverpool even?

I agree with Canny, it is all about number 1. Yes I would be gutted if he were to leave, but he hasn''t actually said he''s leaving no more than he has said he isn''t! If you are doing well in a job (especially football), then you will get looked at, and linked with other clubs it''s only natural, sort of complimentary in a way. Personally I can''t see him going to Burnley, he is being backed by the board and getting what he wants at CR, if that stops and we don''t gain promotion soon then I would start to be concerned. Much bigger fish out there for him in the not too distant future if we''re not successful and don''t match his ambitions in my opinion.

“You have seen the statement and I am happy with that, It’s all about the game tomorrow and trying to get through that. I’ll

say it once and once only - ask me about the game. That is all I am here

for. To win a game of football. Don’t push me on anything because the

statement is there.”

Depends what you focus on."You have seen the statement and I am happy with that,"    - staying"I’ll

say it once and once only - ask me about the game. That is all I am here

for. To win a game of football."   - only a game of football? not promotion, only focused on tomorrow? gone after the game?"Don’t push me on anything because the

statement is there" - statements there, all there is to say, i may be staying but im not happy, or i''m going regardless.

Pick your favourite.

His ambiguity puts him in a stronger position to negotiate with the board over potential new signings now the window has opened. He may have no intention of going anywhere, but the board don''t know that for sure. Fingers crossed it''s a clever ploy.

[quote user="haisbrohacker"]Lambert wouldn''t tolerate a player having the same negative impact in the build up to a game, Its strange but after the QPR game he walked around the pitch and applauded the fans, was he caught up in the moment of the match or was he really saying "Goodbye"

Time will tell but its not being handled very well, we as fans deserve better.

HRH[/quote]We deserve better?! We''re third in the Championship after years of purgatory. If we don''t have the financial clout to match Lambert''s ambition, what can we do? We''re rebuilding the mess slowly but surely, and in David McNally I genuinely believe we have one of the best CEs in football. If Lambert goes, he goes. Gone are the days of having no expertise on the board, appointing managers who will cosy up to majority shareholders and toe the line... the club is moving forward, and if that''s not enough for Lambert to stay then we''ll appoint someone else to take us to the Premiership.

To me it sounds like a man fed up with the speculation and furore over this and wanting to get on with his job, which is winning games for Norwich City.

I really think some people on this board need to take a serious chill pill today!  Yes he may be interested but also he may not, as people are saying his odds are drifting for the Burnley job, lets not hang the man based on rumours and carry on with our lives.

Spot on SWP, everyone reading to much into every advancement in this

story. Lambert came out recently saying he wasnt going anywhere and

loved it here. These quotes just show he dont wana be asked about

leaving again, he told us his intentions when he was asked before when

linked to another job, i bet he''s fed up with questions linking him and

his players to another team. Norwich had made a statement which he is

happy with and he just wants to focus on his job of winning the next

game, as he does everytime- he takes everygame as it comes and goes from

there. Lambert will be here in the summer and we will hopefully be back

in the prem where we belong

When a manager/player comes out and refuses to comment on speculation it usually results in two things.....the transfer going through or an improved contract. Since we gave Lambert an improved contract in the summer I''d say he''s holding out for the Burnley job :(

Is anyone else not worried that lambert if off from his press conference answers? Every other time he has been linked with another job he is said that its nonsense that hes going and will be staying at Norwich. Whereas today today he has not at all said he is or wants to stay and this does sound like the sort of thing a manager would say when there on there way