Sign in to follow this  
Captain Holt

Paul Lambert: Nothing to add to Club statement issued last night - concentrating on Leyton Orient game

I can see where the OP is coming from - he could have squashed all rumours had he wished to.

Part of a renegotiated contract ploy?

That indicates to me that he has nothing else to add to the clubs statement. Which clearly stated he isn''t going to be going.Clam down people.

So why was he not prepared to say I am going nowhere, he did last week. This is effecting the whole club and surely if you were 100 % committed to the cause you would simply say - I did not apply for the job and although I can never rule out leaving Norwich in this future this is not the job for me ??

[quote user="Captain Holts Derby Day Hat-Trick"]Why did he say that and not "I''m not leaving Norwich City" Indicates to me that something is being held back. A bit cagey I say.[/quote]That''s standard PL behaviour though. One of the cagiest operators around - when does he ever give anything away? His press conferences just permutate the same few phrases. The antithesis of Peter Grant.It''s annoying, but that''s the way he is.

To me this can be taken one of two ways.

a) There''s nothing to add to the club statement as it says everything needed, club have refused permission, move on. OR!

b) Nothing to add because if he does then it will effect his negotiations with Burnley.

The only worrying thing with all this is this is what happened when we got him in the First place. We were in a worse position than Colchester at the time and many could''ve seen it as a backward step! We approached, got rebuffed, he quit Colchester and we got him. Money talks at the end of the day.

this is awful, after hearing radio norfolk i think he has gone, when he is saying ''dont push me'' on the subject of the burnley job, if he goes he is a judas

[quote user="simo86"]this is awful, after hearing radio norfolk i think he has gone, when he is saying ''dont push me'' on the subject of the burnley job, if he goes he is a judas[/quote]That is not good.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="simo86"]this is awful, after hearing radio norfolk i think he has gone, when he is saying ''dont push me'' on the subject of the burnley job, if he goes he is a judas[/quote]That is not good.

[/quote]

[:(]

The club say in their statement that they are committed to Paul and the team for the long term and for future plans, I know he hasn''t said the words "i''m not going anywhere", but surely his agreeance with the club statement means that he is committed to us in the same way?! That''s how I read into it anyway, obviously we all view things differently. Cross everything, hope for the best and try to be optimists is all I can say!!

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="simo86"]this is awful, after hearing radio norfolk i think he has gone, when he is saying ''dont push me'' on the subject of the burnley job, if he goes he is a judas[/quote]That is not good.

[/quote]What actually happened on RN? Was it that a journo brought up the subject of the Burnley job again, after he''d said "I have nothing to add to the club''s statement", and he got defensive and said "don''t push me"? Was that played live, or reported by a RN presenter?

[quote user="cannycanary"]Odds are back on Oddschecker with Skybet, odds drifted out to 4/5, so almost even between Malky and Lambert now
[/quote]

Just looked as well - that is really weird. For the first time since last night i have a feeling he wont go, after saying that Malky is clearly ready to up sticks at Watford - so depending on which way you look at it might be winner / loser gets the Burnley job - the other one gets the Norwich job.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="simo86"]this is awful, after hearing radio norfolk i think he has gone, when he is saying ''dont push me'' on the subject of the burnley job, if he goes he is a judas[/quote]

That is not good.

[/quote]
What actually happened on RN? Was it that a journo brought up the subject of the Burnley job again, after he''d said "I have nothing to add to the club''s statement", and he got defensive and said "don''t push me"? Was that played live, or reported by a RN presenter?
[/quote]

it wasnt played it was quoted, very very nervous

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="simo86"]this is awful, after hearing radio norfolk i think he has gone, when he is saying ''dont push me'' on the subject of the burnley job, if he goes he is a judas[/quote]That is not good.

[/quote]What actually happened on RN? Was it that a journo brought up the subject of the Burnley job again, after he''d said "I have nothing to add to the club''s statement", and he got defensive and said "don''t push me"? Was that played live, or reported by a RN presenter?[/quote]It was said by a reporter, they weren''t allowed to broadcast the Press Conference.

It''s four small words that he couldn''t bring himself to say ''''im not going anywhere'' that are concerning me.

If he doesn''t want to be here he should be man enough to tell the fans.

If i was a reporter I would have said fine but answer the question the fans you say are so brilliant at the club want to hear from you are you staying or do you want to talk to Burnley so answer the fucking question

Look , regardless of what Lambert said this morning (and I agree it sounds like he''s not too happy - it sounds like McNally is holding firm against Lambert''s wishes and not letting him joining Burnley - he''s holding him to his contract), we should raise the roof on Saturday to show Lambert how much he is valued here.  In his autobiog he always talks about the reaction he got from the fans at the Westfalenstaion when he left Dortmund - apparently the outcry was so intense he nearly changed his mind (despite the obvious decision to move to his homeland) and stayed.  All I''m saying is what Lambert has done for the club is monumental and nothing in the last 24 hours has changed that - so lets get behind him on Sat. and show him he''s at somewhere special-somewhere clearly better than Burnley anyway.  I for one couldn''t give a monkeys if he is tempted by Burnley - perhaps he just thinks he''s more likely to succeed there than here (they certainly have more funds and players like eagles, bikey, they''ve got a talented squad), but the point is let''s show him he''s wrong. Us keeping Lambert is more important than our pride being hurt that he is considering Burnley.

Sorry its not good enough or acceptable for him to fob us off like that. If he doesn''t rule himself out then he is clearly interested and if he''s interested in this type of job then for me its thanks Paul but f**k off!

[quote user="paulo79"]If i was a reporter I would have said fine but answer the question the fans you say are so brilliant at the club want to hear from you are you staying or do you want to talk to Burnley so answer the fucking question[/quote]

I fully agree with that, it''s so simple even a football player could understand that point.

Not good news that he didn''t want to rule himself out or talk about it.

In the real world he has probably realised that this is an opportunity to improve his own position at Carrow Road. Listen to what David McNally has to say....make no comment to him either....sit back and see what develops. His agent is free to receive the offer from Burnley so he ends up after the weekend with two offers on his table. If he fancies the Burnley offer (which is a lot nearer to his Glasgow home) then he can make noises next week along the lines of - "I''m under contract to NCFC and I suppose I must abide by their decision..." which will get him out of the door. Or he takes an improved offer from Norwich and gives it - "It was never my intention to leave this great club. We still have a job to complete here".

Cynical or realistic?

[quote user="simo86"]

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="simo86"]this is awful, after hearing radio norfolk i think he has gone, when he is saying ''dont push me'' on the subject of the burnley job, if he goes he is a judas[/quote]That is not good.

[/quote]What actually happened on RN? Was it that a journo brought up the subject of the Burnley job again, after he''d said "I have nothing to add to the club''s statement", and he got defensive and said "don''t push me"? Was that played live, or reported by a RN presenter?[/quote]

it wasnt played it was quoted, very very nervous

[/quote]See my post in the longer thread started by Wxyz. I think he''s just making a general statement that he would be interested in a move if the money is right. With so many Prem managers on thin ice, it would be a strange time to go to Burnley - you''d have thought he''d have been better off staying here until the summer and actually seeing this job through to its conclusion. For all his qualities, he has never once achieved promotion with a team - sooner or later you''d think he''d actually want to stick around for long enough to see things come to fruition. Let''s not forget that in the one season he had at Colchester, they finished 12th the season after being relegated. Aside from one League Cup semi-final with Wycombe, he hadn''t actually achieved all that much before he came to Norwich - he should realise that he''s onto a good thing here, in the short term at least.