Sign in to follow this  
kdncfc

What's changed in the last twelve months?

Last January we were in League 1 and Burnley were in the prem, at that time Lambert came out and said he wasn''t interested in the Burnley job when we weren''t anywhere near guaranteed of promotion. There are four reasons I can think of as to why he would now be interested in the Burnley job:• He wants to move closer to Scotland so he is closer to his family.• He has asked for the funds to buy the players he thinks will get us promoted and been refused.• Been offered a lot more money to go and manage them.• Has been told he will have to sell players in January to balane the books.I''m sure there maybe others but my money would be on either the second or third options, annoyingly I think if he doesn''t resign before the game tomorrow I can se him going not long afterwards. If he does leave us for them he''d be an idiot imo, who in their right mind would rather stand on the touchline in front of 15k at Turf Moor as opposed to 26k at CR.

[quote user="kdncfc"]Last January we were in League 1 and Burnley were in the prem, at that time Lambert came out and said he wasn''t interested in the Burnley job when we weren''t anywhere near guaranteed of promotion. There are four reasons I can think of as to why he would now be interested in the Burnley job:• He wants to move closer to Scotland so he is closer to his family.• He has asked for the funds to buy the players he thinks will get us promoted and been refused.• Been offered a lot more money to go and manage them.• Has been told he will have to sell players in January to balane the books.I''m sure there maybe others but my money would be on either the second or third options, annoyingly I think if he doesn''t resign before the game tomorrow I can se him going not long afterwards. If he does leave us for them he''d be an idiot imo, who in their right mind would rather stand on the touchline in front of 15k at Turf Moor as opposed to 26k at CR.[/quote]Your second point is the one that worries me most.

He was looking for some massive signings and got a few peanuts to sign Wilbraham , hardly going for it is it.

[quote user="The ſhroud of Turin"]If he has left, bet he''ll blame the board.[/quote]If he does go I hope he explains his reasons in full but don''t for a moment think he will. If it is because the board aren''t prepared to back him in the excellent position we are in the shat will surely hit the fan.