David Unsworth is a decent player and the binners have signed him on loan until the end of the season from Portsmouth. He would have been a decent signing for us and Nigel Worthington is saying that he won''t get anyone else. He needs to open his eyes a little perhaps...

totally agree we missed the boat on that one, he scores from free kicks and headers and is in my opinion better than doc or fleming. I hope worthy has other plans as unsworth would have joined us over the binners and been affordable clearly!

Agreed, he is a good player, so he is going to feel a bit like a fish out of water at Ipswich then isn''t he.

played in the centre for everton last year for most games im sure, i think. maybe!! doh

old? hes 31! old like charlie or flem you mean??

[quote]I''d have definitely taken a player like Unsworth on board. Only thing is that he''s a left back. Maybe Worthy isn''t looking to strengthen there[/quote]

He has never played at left back.

thats what i thought smudge, good to be right! we have several older players one more experienced one wouldnt have hurt

[quote]He has never played at left back.[/quote]

he has played at left back. he used to play there but seems that managers think he is more effective as a cb.

would have been a good signing. i''m expecting someone better now! maybe he didn''t come because pompey didn''t want him to go to another prem club?

Unsworth played at left back for Portsmouth against Chelsea (I know as I was there). His passing was good, free kicks from the left all dangerous and he has phsysical presence (actually he looked bit porky). However Arjen Robben just stuffed him so often he got taken off in the second half. As a centre back I think he''d be better than the Doc provided we had someone more mobile beside him- but we got rid of a similar player to Unsworth to West Ham at the end of last season (although his passing wasn''t nearly as good).

[quote]David Unsworth is a decent player and the binners have signed him on loan until the end of the season from Portsmouth. He would have been a decent signing for us and Nigel Worthington is saying that h...[/quote]

Yes he is a decent player and I would have liked him here too. Presume Royle/Unsworth link at Everton sealed this one for them.

Wish we were bringing a couple of loan players in too!

[quote]old? hes 31! old like charlie or flem you mean??[/quote]

We don''t have enough pace as it is. We need to be looking for young quality, not aging twilighting players, like Unsworth.

[quote]He has never played at left back.[/quote]

he used to play left back for everton actually smudge !

I reckon it is the royal- everton connection that has swayed it after all the binners nearly got ferguson on loan early in the season from everton