Sign in to follow this  
LeJuge

I would happily see Lambert go.....

IF....We got a substantial amount of Compo, say seven figures, and Martin O''Neill came in to finish the job. Why? Because I feel that Lambert has a lot to learn and achieve before he can be considered the equal to O''Neill.Lets look at the way that O''Neill got his big job..... he got Leicester promoted to the Premier League via the play-offs on a shoestring budget, a similar sized club to Norwich (prob even a bit smaller), kept them in the Premier League, establishing them as a Premier League team, and won two League Cups along the way; he also reached a third League Cup final. They finished in the top ten in each of his full seasons at the club. Leicester City, at risk of relegation to the third division when he took over, played in the UEFA cup twice. It was after five years of success at Leicester that O''Neill took the Celtic job, he bided his time and waited for an opportunity which was too good to turn down. Now, if O''Neill is supposed to be Lamberts mentor then what would O''Neill say to his protege? If Lambert wants to replicate a great manager then he should be looking at his old boss. Lambert has not achieved anything yet. Highly capable, yes, successful? Not yet, by any stretch of the imagination. He needs to get this club promoted and turn the likes of Croft and Ward in the next Lennon and Heath, he needs to show that he can keep a club in the Premier League; even then he has not achieved anything like the success of O''Neill before making the leap.A League One title you say? Sure, he did a great job last season. But somebody wins that league every year, O''Neill won two successive promotions with Wycombe long before he had taken over at Leicester. There was once a talented young manager by the name of Steve Tilson, he took his first club from League Two to League One, and the straight up to The Championship. He is now managing Lincoln City who sit at 22nd in League Two.Ultimately it boils down to one thing, if Lambert truly has the wisdom of O''Neill then he will stay and finish the job until he can take us no further. O''Neill spent 5 years at 3 of his clubs, 4 years at another. Lambert is at his 4th club in 5 years and is still only 41. There is a very thick line sitting between a manager who brings true success and health to a football club, and one who becomes percieved as a mercenary. Lambert hasn''t served his apprenticeship, by O''Neill standards he has 3 and a half years left. If Lambert is not capable of the commitment, and the wait for the longer term financial rewards, then let us consider somebody who without a doubt would be. Malky Mackay, 6 years as player, fond enough of this club to stick out the 5 or 6 years as a manager. I know that Lambert has not left this football club, but here is a prediction for you all just in case he does...... Malky Mackay will achieve more in the next 20 years of his career then Paul Lambert will in the next 20 years of his.

I''d happily see O''Neill here of PL went. Thing is, he left Villa because they wouldn''t let him spend any money. We are strapped for cash all the time, why would he come here?

He left Aston Villa because they sold their best player and then didn''t provide him with any of the revenues to replace that player, in other words he didn''t want to sell James Milner because he didn''t think that he could replace him. Randy Lerner sold him anyway. That would be a little like Delia & Co selling Grant Holt tomorrow, despite Paul Lambert not wanting to, and then telling everybody that we won''t be replacing him and that Aaron Wilbraham would have to be our key striker. It was the lack of ambition at Villa, and the desire to profit from player sales, that drove O''Neill away. The Milner, Young, Aghbonlahor threesome was his only hope of a top four finish; Lerner effectively sold their top four finish to Man City.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]ffs O''neil would never come back here to manage us! Wake up![/quote]In the same way that Edgar Davids would never play in a South London shithole? And a former England manager would not manage in a stadium named after crisps? And in the same way that Darren Huckerby would never have signed for Norwich? And in the same way that clubs like Cardiff don''t get players like Craig Bellamy?I hope you realise just how close O''Neill still is to this club. It was O''Neill who effectively saw that David McNally got his job at this club. It was O''Neill who effectively got Lambert his job at this club. Why don''t you wake up? You are from Lincoln though, in fairness, the graveyard of ambition and the breeding ground for pessimism and general grimness. Why not head over to the thread about Chris Sutton, where your opinion would be relevant to me?

[quote user="lincoln canary"]ffs O''neil would never come back here to manage us! Wake up![/quote]In fact, did you even read this thread you penis? Any idiot could see that the main intention was to show that Lamberts job is far from finished, if he wants to become the next Martin O''Neill. I suspect that it just went over your head, like most things seem to have done in the 6 months that I have been reading this forum.

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="lincoln canary"]ffs O''neil would never come back here to manage us! Wake up![/quote]

In the same way that Edgar Davids would never play in a South London shithole? And a former England manager would not manage in a stadium named after crisps? And in the same way that Darren Huckerby would never have signed for Norwich? And in the same way that clubs like Cardiff don''t get players like Craig Bellamy?

I hope you realise just how close O''Neill still is to this club. It was O''Neill who effectively saw that David McNally got his job at this club. It was O''Neill who effectively got Lambert his job at this club. Why don''t you wake up? You are from Lincoln though, in fairness, the graveyard of ambition and the breeding ground for pessimism and general grimness.

Why not head over to the thread about Chris Sutton, where your opinion would be relevant to me?
[/quote]

Martin O''neil is talked about as a possible successor to Sir Alex at Man utd, why the hell would he manage a championship side? In responce to the others South London is still London so theres the attraction, Sven''s reputation isnt exactly in the world class manager catorgory anymore and applies for every job going, so that explains him being at Leicester ( Plus huge pay packet ). And as for cardiff Bellamy''s family live there and its his home town club, put that with also getting paid a packet and you get the reason why he''s there. The only real connection Martin O''neil has with Norwich is that he once manged us for a short period, thats it!

If you seriously think we could get O''neil may i suggest you visit the men in white jackets. And for the record im originally from Norwich, I moved up to this area for work reasons.

Im actually from Norwich by the way, I just live up here.

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="lincoln canary"]ffs O''neil would never come back here to manage us! Wake up![/quote]

In the same way that Edgar Davids would never play in a South London shithole? And a former England manager would not manage in a stadium named after crisps? And in the same way that Darren Huckerby would never have signed for Norwich? And in the same way that clubs like Cardiff don''t get players like Craig Bellamy?

I hope you realise just how close O''Neill still is to this club. It was O''Neill who effectively saw that David McNally got his job at this club. It was O''Neill who effectively got Lambert his job at this club. Why don''t you wake up? You are from Lincoln though, in fairness, the graveyard of ambition and the breeding ground for pessimism and general grimness.

Why not head over to the thread about Chris Sutton, where your opinion would be relevant to me?
[/quote]

Just to back up our friend Le Juge there is some truth to this as was also told this myself by someone who would definitely know. O''Neill recommended McNally to us.

In fact, did you even read this thread you penis? Any idiot could see that the main intention was to show that Lamberts job is far from finished, if he wants to become the next Martin O''Neill. I suspect that it just went over your head, like most things seem to have done in the 6 months that I have been reading this forum.

[/quote]

Well why start the thread effectively saying i''d happily let Lambert go if it mean''t getting O''neil in. You obviously believe it could happen. Im stating i believe 100% it will not happen.

Why get so offensive? I bet your a real tough guy hey!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

Just to back up our friend Le Juge there is some truth to this as was also told this myself by someone who would definitely know. O''Neill recommended McNally to us.

[/quote]

So Jim if Lambert leaves do you think we stand a chance of appointing O''neil?

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="lincoln canary"]ffs O''neil would never come back here to manage us! Wake up![/quote]In the same way that Edgar Davids would never play in a South London shithole? And a former England manager would not manage in a stadium named after crisps? And in the same way that Darren Huckerby would never have signed for Norwich? And in the same way that clubs like Cardiff don''t get players like Craig Bellamy?I hope you realise just how close O''Neill still is to this club. It was O''Neill who effectively saw that David McNally got his job at this club. It was O''Neill who effectively got Lambert his job at this club. Why don''t you wake up? You are from Lincoln though, in fairness, the graveyard of ambition and the breeding ground for pessimism and general grimness. Why not head over to the thread about Chris Sutton, where your opinion would be relevant to me?[/quote]

Martin O''neil is talked about as a possible successor to Sir Alex at Man utd, why the hell would he manage a championship side? In responce to the others South London is still London so theres the attraction, Sven''s reputation isnt exactly in the world class manager catorgory anymore and applies for every job going, so that explains him being at Leicester ( Plus huge pay packet ). And as for cardiff Bellamy''s family live there and its his home town club, put that with also getting paid a packet and you get the reason why he''s there. The only real connection Martin O''neil has with Norwich is that he once manged us for a short period, thats it!

If you seriously think we could get O''neil may i suggest you visit the men in white jackets. And for the record im originally from Norwich, I moved up to this area for work reasons.

[/quote]I agree, not a snowball''s chance in hell of O''Neill coming back to Norwich. Just to be pedantic though - O''Neill had two previous spells here as a player so his connection to Norwich is a little stronger than you otherwise suggest. The mention of O''Neill''s name at this time brings back bad memories of going to Leicester back in 1995 and learning at the start of the match that he''d sodded off to them. I was in utter shock. To make it worse we went two nil up but ended up losing three nil. An utterly demoralising day if there ever was one. I just hope Lambert doesn''t do the same as his supposed mentor and stays with us. I''m confident that if he remains here he''ll get us back in the Prem and then he''ll have the choice of Prem clubs to go to without having to jump ship first to Burnley.

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="lincoln canary"]ffs O''neil would never come back here to manage us! Wake up![/quote]In the same way that Edgar Davids would never play in a South London shithole? And a former England manager would not manage in a stadium named after crisps? And in the same way that Darren Huckerby would never have signed for Norwich? And in the same way that clubs like Cardiff don''t get players like Craig Bellamy?I hope you realise just how close O''Neill still is to this club. It was O''Neill who effectively saw that David McNally got his job at this club. It was O''Neill who effectively got Lambert his job at this club. Why don''t you wake up? You are from Lincoln though, in fairness, the graveyard of ambition and the breeding ground for pessimism and general grimness. Why not head over to the thread about Chris Sutton, where your opinion would be relevant to me?[/quote]

[/quote]OK, I get the point, you are from Norwich - no need to say it twice. The only link between Norwich is that he once managed us for a short period? That just goes to show your complete lack of club knowledge, O''Neill also played for this club in two different spells between 1981 and 1983. In fact, he is in our bloody Hall of Fame. He is also friends with Delia Smith, like I said - he recommended McNally to this club (as confirmed by the club at a press conference by Delia herself). No prizes for guessing how McNally knows O''Neill.The same Martin O''Neill who you claim would never take the Norwich job is currently linked with the West Ham job. They are a whole three places above us in the English league standings. He, too, was linked with the Leicester job. I will happily visit the men in white jackets, although I believe that the standard protocol is for them to visit me. On the condition of course that you return to college to resit your GCSE English.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think there is a chance yes because he has unfinished business here (he describes us as the only club where that is the case), he is freindly with Delia and he has worked with Mcnally. I see it as something of a long shot but there are enough connections there to mean there is a possibility, particularly as he is out of work. I guess it depends on whether he sees himself as a viable candidate for one of the big prem clubs in the near future.

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="lincoln canary"]ffs O''neil would never come back here to manage us! Wake up![/quote]In fact, did you even read this thread you penis? Any idiot could see that the main intention was to show that Lamberts job is far from finished, if he wants to become the next Martin O''Neill. I suspect that it just went over your head, like most things seem to have done in the 6 months that I have been reading this forum.

[/quote]

Well why start the thread effectively saying i''d happily let Lambert go if it mean''t getting O''neil in. You obviously believe it could happen. Im stating i believe 100% it will not happen.

Why get so offensive? I bet your a real tough guy hey!

[/quote]I signed up to this forum today. My first encounter with another individual was this:"ffs O''neil would never come back here to manage us! Wake up!"And I am offensive? Thanks for the welcome, but you picked this fight. Don''t worry, I do feel very welcome, and I am glad that you enjoyed my first ever Pink Un thread :/

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think there is a chance yes because he has unfinished business here (he describes us as the only club where that is the case), he is freindly with Delia and he has worked with Mcnally. I see it as something of a long shot but there are enough connections there to mean there is a possibility, particularly as he is out of work. I guess it depends on whether he sees himself as a viable candidate for one of the big prem clubs in the near future.

[/quote]I''m glad that somebody else sees the possibility, even if it is a long shot. If he recommended Lambert and McNally to this club, then that means that he is at least found of this club and its current owners. His period at Norwich is the only blemish on his otherwise incredible CV.If Bellamy can go to Cardiff for sentimental reasons, having made his money in the game, then so might O''Neill. Sometimes, just sometimes, the money isn''t the most important thing.If in doubt, just ask Mr Huckerby.

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]I''m glad that somebody else sees the possibility, even if it is a long shot. If he recommended Lambert and McNally to this club, then that means that he is at least found of this club and its current owners. His period at Norwich is the only blemish on his otherwise incredible CV.If Bellamy can go to Cardiff for sentimental reasons, having made his money in the game, then so might O''Neill. Sometimes, just sometimes, the money isn''t the most important thing.If in doubt, just ask Mr Huckerby.[/quote]*fond of this club

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m glad that somebody else sees the possibility, even if it is a long shot.

If he recommended Lambert and McNally to this club, then that means that he is at least found of this club and its current owners. His period at Norwich is the only blemish on his otherwise incredible CV.

If Bellamy can go to Cardiff for sentimental reasons, having made his money in the game, then so might O''Neill. Sometimes, just sometimes, the money isn''t the most important thing.

If in doubt, just ask Mr Huckerby.
[/quote]

*fond of this club
[/quote]

See you back at school Einstein!

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]I''m glad that somebody else sees the possibility, even if it is a long shot. If he recommended Lambert and McNally to this club, then that means that he is at least found of this club and its current owners. His period at Norwich is the only blemish on his otherwise incredible CV.If Bellamy can go to Cardiff for sentimental reasons, having made his money in the game, then so might O''Neill. Sometimes, just sometimes, the money isn''t the most important thing.If in doubt, just ask Mr Huckerby.[/quote]*fond of this club[/quote]

[/quote]You won''t be in the same set as me, they have special classes for those who are semi-literate. See you around on here though, I look forward to you hijacking my future threads and then sulking when I respond to your lightly provocative insults; maybe we can make this a frequent thing. You can teach me more of your lil txt spk abb and I will teach you some seven letter words for Scrabble.

[quote user="LeJuge"]*Lennon and Elliott[/quote]

More mistakes? My word LeJuge you really should be more careful before highlighting other peoples mistakes. For the record, again, Im dyslexic so my grammer is often poor so if you could please excuse me for that I''d be very grateful!

[/quote]Well there are two paths that dyslexic people can take, they can choose to use their dyslexia to their advantage or they can choose not to disclose that that they are a sufferer. I, too, am dyslexic. I never tell anybody, I did five hours of extra English each week for ten years. I have never accepted extra time for an exam, never accepted the free laptop at university. Two years ago I graduated with a First Class Honours degree.Nobody with dyslexia is going to get sympathy from me, it doesn''t make you blind. Therefore, you should quite easily be able to find the spell check and grammar check buttons on any good word processing program. If you need any assistance with identifying these functions then feel free to ask me and I would be happy to provide you with screen shots or step by step tutorials. Don''t let your dyslexia become an excuse for your lack of literacy, some of the worlds finest minds are dyslexic, and few of them construct a sentence like you.Mwah.

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m glad that somebody else sees the possibility, even if it is a long shot.

If he recommended Lambert and McNally to this club, then that means that he is at least found of this club and its current owners. His period at Norwich is the only blemish on his otherwise incredible CV.

If Bellamy can go to Cardiff for sentimental reasons, having made his money in the game, then so might O''Neill. Sometimes, just sometimes, the money isn''t the most important thing.

If in doubt, just ask Mr Huckerby.
[/quote]

*fond of this club
[/quote]

[/quote]

You won''t be in the same set as me, they have special classes for those who are semi-literate. See you around on here though, I look forward to you hijacking my future threads and then sulking when I respond to your lightly provocative insults; maybe we can make this a frequent thing. You can teach me more of your lil txt spk abb and I will teach you some seven letter words for Scrabble.
[/quote]

I may have a low level of literacy but its never held me back. Im very much more analyticaly minded, and a Masters degree in Civil Engineering backs that up. So I hope you enjoy your game of Scrabble whilst sat at home on your lonesome wondering where your sad little life is heading.

Perhaps the two of you could get a room, and leave the rest of us to our unfounded speculation and wild panic?

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="LeJuge"]*Lennon and Elliott
[/quote]

More mistakes? My word LeJuge you really should be more careful before highlighting other peoples mistakes. For the record, again, Im dyslexic so my grammer is often poor so if you could please excuse me for that I''d be very grateful!

[/quote]

Well there are two paths that dyslexic people can take, they can choose to use their dyslexia to their advantage or they can choose not to disclose that that they are a sufferer. I, too, am dyslexic. I never tell anybody, I did five hours of extra English each week for ten years. I have never accepted extra time for an exam, never accepted the free laptop at university. Two years ago I graduated with a First Class Honours degree.

Nobody with dyslexia is going to get sympathy from me, it doesn''t make you blind. Therefore, you should quite easily be able to find the spell check and grammar check buttons on any good word processing program. If you need any assistance with identifying these functions then feel free to ask me and I would be happy to provide you with screen shots or step by step tutorials. Don''t let your dyslexia become an excuse for your lack of literacy, some of the worlds finest minds are dyslexic, and few of them construct a sentence like you.

Mwah.
[/quote]

Very much agreed LeJuge! Although im very skeptical as to whether you actually are dyslexic or not but I''ll give you the benefit of doubt. You must know then how frustrating it is to continualy mis-spell words and insert wrong punctuation. May i suggest that you refrain, in future, from highlighting peoples mistakes? Afterall this may be very upsetting to certain individuals. There are too many on here who think its big and clever to constantly point out people''s spelling mistakes. These posters are very sad individuals who don''t stop and think that there may be a reason for poor grammer, they just decide to ridicule them anyway. This isn''t a place where people come to get judged LeJuge so please dont follow the trend!

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Perhaps the two of you could get a room, and leave the rest of us to our unfounded speculation and wild panic?[/quote]Post of the day .... well done Sir [Y]

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]Well there are two paths that dyslexic people can take, they can choose to use their dyslexia to their advantage or they can choose not to disclose that that they are a sufferer. I, too, am dyslexic. I never tell anybody, I did five hours of extra English each week for ten years. I have never accepted extra time for an exam, never accepted the free laptop at university. Two years ago I graduated with a First Class Honours degree.Nobody with dyslexia is going to get sympathy from me, it doesn''t make you blind. Therefore, you should quite easily be able to find the spell check and grammar check buttons on any good word processing program. If you need any assistance with identifying these functions then feel free to ask me and I would be happy to provide you with screen shots or step by step tutorials. Don''t let your dyslexia become an excuse for your lack of literacy, some of the worlds finest minds are dyslexic, and few of them construct a sentence like you.Mwah.[/quote]

Very much agreed LeJuge! Although im very skeptical as to whether you actually are dyslexic or not but I''ll give you the benefit of doubt. You must know then how frustrating it is to continualy mis-spell words and insert wrong punctuation. May i suggest that you refrain, in future, from highlighting peoples mistakes? Afterall this may be very upsetting to certain individuals. There are too many on here who think its big and clever to constantly point out people''s spelling mistakes. These posters are very sad individuals who don''t stop and think that there may be a reason for poor grammer, they just decide to ridicule them anyway. This isn''t a place where people come to get judged LeJuge so please dont follow the trend!

[/quote]I am indeed dyslexic, just as 10% of the country are. I don''t see why it should be upsetting, there is always room for personal development, I doubt that Yeats or Agathe Christie would have taken much notice when their literary skills were criticised.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]Well there are two paths that dyslexic people can take, they can choose to use their dyslexia to their advantage or they can choose not to disclose that that they are a sufferer. I, too, am dyslexic. I never tell anybody, I did five hours of extra English each week for ten years. I have never accepted extra time for an exam, never accepted the free laptop at university. Two years ago I graduated with a First Class Honours degree.Nobody with dyslexia is going to get sympathy from me, it doesn''t make you blind. Therefore, you should quite easily be able to find the spell check and grammar check buttons on any good word processing program. If you need any assistance with identifying these functions then feel free to ask me and I would be happy to provide you with screen shots or step by step tutorials. Don''t let your dyslexia become an excuse for your lack of literacy, some of the worlds finest minds are dyslexic, and few of them construct a sentence like you.Mwah.[/quote]

[/quote]This is precisely the place that people come to get judged, and to judge. You all sit on here each and everyday judging eachother, judging players, we are all judging Lambert, you judged me. If people can''t handle being judged then they may as well jump off of a bridge right away, and if anybody gets over sensitive or insecure about their spelling ability then they should all be looking up to Mr Lambert as their icon. Lambert doesn''t give two hoots what others think about him, and neither does he give two hoots that he is the most incoherent manager in the history of this football club bar Peter Grant.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]I''m glad that somebody else sees the possibility, even if it is a long shot. If he recommended Lambert and McNally to this club, then that means that he is at least found of this club and its current owners. His period at Norwich is the only blemish on his otherwise incredible CV.If Bellamy can go to Cardiff for sentimental reasons, having made his money in the game, then so might O''Neill. Sometimes, just sometimes, the money isn''t the most important thing.If in doubt, just ask Mr Huckerby.[/quote]*fond of this club[/quote]

[/quote]You won''t be in the same set as me, they have special classes for those who are semi-literate. See you around on here though, I look forward to you hijacking my future threads and then sulking when I respond to your lightly provocative insults; maybe we can make this a frequent thing. You can teach me more of your lil txt spk abb and I will teach you some seven letter words for Scrabble. [/quote]

I may have a low level of literacy but its never held me back. Im very much more analyticaly minded, and a Masters degree in Civil Engineering backs that up. So I hope you enjoy your game of Scrabble whilst sat at home on your lonesome wondering where your sad little life is heading.

[/quote]You may be interested to learn that Scrabble is a multi-player game. As for sitting at home on my lonesome wondering where my sad little life is heading, six figure income and successful business aside, it appears to be you who sits at home on your lonesome - in front of a PC in fact - as your excessive post count appears to suggest. You realise that sitting in front of a computer all day doesn''t count as a social life, don''t you?