Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Lambert's staying

Common sense tells you that, doesn''t it? 

McNally is not going to let anyone walk all over him and make a fool of him, even Lambert.  If there was any strong possibility of Lambert going (quitting of his own accord) the board would not allow him to take charge of the team for tomorrow''s game.

Not sure why there is all this cloak and dagger stuff though as it could have a negative effect on the field?

One thing''s for sure, CR will packed with media/reporters tomorrow.

At this point common sense tells me there''s more to this... smells like a player has been sold underneath Lambert! Burnley is not an attractive prospect......just wish lambert would actually come out and quash it! 

There may well be something in OP thoughts. Mcnasty wouldnottake any sh1t and I imagine it would be on his and the clubs terms. Wouldn''t it be great if after the game, he said bugger off Burnley and 2-3 new players have been signed.

I''ll try and keep the faith.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Common sense tells you that, doesn''t it? 

McNally is not going to let anyone walk all over him and make a fool of him, even Lambert.  If there was any strong possibility of Lambert going (quitting of his own accord) the board would not allow him to take charge of the team for tomorrow''s game.

Not sure why there is all this cloak and dagger stuff though as it could have a negative effect on the field?

One thing''s for sure, CR will packed with media/reporters tomorrow.

[/quote]

I hope your right, common sense does say he''ll still be our manager instead of Burnley''s (although not necessarily West Hams) however this is football. Also the board might well leave him in charge for tomorrows game for a few reasons, they dont create a rift that cant be bridged, they dont break his contract so he can say they left him with no option but to quit. If he then quits and takes the Burnley job it''ll be clear cut compensation wise who is in the wrong, lets face it we have first hand insight into what happens at the FA when a manager is tapped up and could well have learnt from the colchester experience now it''s on the other foot.

Agreed. If he was off I don''t see why they''d let him take charge for tomorrows game.