Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

New improved contract for Lambert to be unveiled tomorrow...

If you are in the know, explain why are there people at the club who feel that its more important to let you know than the media presence sat in the car park tonight?!

Saw this on WOTB.

Sort of makes sense.

''Latest from Carrow Road

There are lots of clubs enquiring about Paul Lambert and his team and quite rightly he is talking to the directors of NCFC about where he goes from here. There are two Premier League teams making noises. Lambert is seeking assurances about the January transfer window because he feels, like the rest of us, that we are in a position of great strength and we may not be so lucky next season. It is 50:50 whether he stays but it won''t be through lack of trying on NCFC''s behalf.

Cross your fingers and hope for the best.

I see it like this, he either wants to be at the club or he doesn''t, the mere fact that he hasn''t said he doesn''t want the job at Burnley is what is unsettling the fans more than anything.

Personally i''m getting to the stage where I really couldn''t care anymore if he stays or goes.

Perhaps his agent has taken tips from Wayne Rooneys!

heard the same about 1800 - but couldn''t post due to peoples rep''s and possibility of loss of employment in relation![quote user="Canaries Utd"]watch and wait...[/quote]

This is what I was thinking, and did post earlier. Could it not simply be the club calling Burnleys bluff. We know they are interested, and just because they have made an approach does not mean that any contact has gone on between Lambert and Burnley. Perhaps the club is simply waisting Burnleys time, telling Lambert to keep quiet to keep Burnley on the hook. This would obviously affect the moral of both the Burnley players and fans alike if the club is seemingly in a long negotiation and then it fails to materialsie. Plus Lambert has been in talks with our board this afternoon not theirs, surely if he wanted to go he would just leave, it didnt seem to matter to him at Colchester. I am hoping/expecting it to be announced that either we have signed a new player or Lamberts contract has been extended.

If Lambert is going surely we are just waisting time, as the new manager would need to prepare for the vital Cardiff match.