Sign in to follow this  
Cantiaci Canary

Who do Burnley think they are?

I cannot believe that Burnley have the audacity to come sniffing around Paul Lambert. Would Blackburn come fishing after Alex Ferguson or West Ham after Ancelotti?

Seriously ... who do they think they are?

They are a small club with a tin pot stadium sparsely filled by a small fanbase. They have had ONE meagre season in the Premiership compared to our two spells and have settled back where they naturally deserve to be ... mid table in the second tier.

They may have the (barely deserved) parachute payment to wave under the noses of managers above their status but their approach for the manager of Norwich City is little more than crude cheek.

If Lambert goes it confirms beyond anything else for me how far this sport has fallen. What is left if we cannot believe that there is more to football than cold hearted cash. Look at our fan base, look at our stadium, look at our recent history over the past few decades and look at our current league position ... why on earth would you swap that for Burnley?

Finally ... if he does go - would he take Grant & Wes with him?

It would be pretty upsetting if he were to leave for a club below us in the league, as opposed to an obviously bigger and more attractive club.

If it were to happen, I guess you''d have to think money could be the only possible motivation (salary and spending power).

It hasn''t happened though, obviously.

I think some people on here are being a bit disrespectful to Burnley. Yes, we have more fans then them but is that really how we want to compare ourselves to others? Some people on here are starting to sound like Leeds fans.

Paul Lambert will do want Paul Lambert wants to do, we knew that when he got him.

I''m not sounding like a Leeds fan - I don''t think that we deserve to be a Premiership club.

I just believe, as I''m sure that you must, that Norwich City are a bigger club than Burnley and would be saddened if they pinched our manager.

If Burnley really do have these pots of cash to spend on enticing managers and new players it does beg the question as to why they took the cheap option and appointed Laws last season when Coyle went.

Surely the best time to push the boat out on a manager would have been when they ''were'' in the premiership and had a decent chance to stay in it ??

Well if he does go to Burnley, we all know it''s only untill the next club comes along with a cash carrot to dangle. It will prove he has no loyalty to a club. Colchester, Norwich. who next.

as for Holt and Hoolahan following I think news on Hoolahan might be good this week !

[quote user="Broadstairs Canary"]I''m not sounding like a Leeds fan - I don''t think that we deserve to be a Premiership club. I just believe, as I''m sure that you must, that Norwich City are a bigger club than Burnley and would be saddened if they pinched our manager.[/quote]

Would have to agree with that. Would be gutted if he went to Burnley, I just can''t see the lure they could have, except maybe transfer funds. Norwich have a real shot at promotion this season.