Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Paul Lambert commits to Norwich City...

[quote user="Woman in the Stands"]Just what we''ve been discussing for a few minutes already.Just a bit busy, eh Pete?!Kept you on your toes for thread merging and deleting.Think you deserve a beer to calm the nerves, along with everyone else lol[/quote]I''ll have a proper look at the messages tomorrow (today was my day off!)Fairly sure today is a record day for the PinkUn in terms of traffic....

Rather strangely Skybet  have shortened him back up to 13/8 fav for the job , bit strange after hes ruled himself out.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Only till May.....then he''s off to Celtic......FACT![/quote]

You just won''t let it drop will you? We''ve all seen plenty of your FACTS before.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Only till May.....then he''s off to Celtic......FACT![/quote]

You just won''t let it drop will you? We''ve all seen plenty of your FACTS before.

[/quote]Maybe he''ll be going to Celtic to watch a game or catch up with old friends.... OPINION

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

Oh dear.....

Why on earth would he bother himself with Celtic? The Scottish Premier is sub Championship standard these days. Just ask Middlesboro, who bought Kris Boyd from Rangers last summer. Boyd was suppossed to be hot stuff up front and would fire them into the Premiership. Yeah right!

[quote user="Canary Poirot"][quote user="Mello Yello"]Only till May.....then he''s off to Celtic......FACT![/quote] Why on earth would he bother himself with Celtic? The Scottish Premier is sub Championship standard these days. Just ask Middlesboro, who bought Kris Boyd from Rangers last summer. Boyd was suppossed to be hot stuff up front and would fire them into the Premiership. Yeah right![/quote]

Astounding.....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Canary Poirot"][quote user="Mello Yello"]Only till May.....then he''s off to Celtic......FACT![/quote] Why on earth would he bother himself with Celtic? The Scottish Premier is sub Championship standard these days. Just ask Middlesboro, who bought Kris Boyd from Rangers last summer. Boyd was suppossed to be hot stuff up front and would fire them into the Premiership. Yeah right![/quote]

Astounding.....

[/quote]

Yeah.... Ahem... I read the rest of the thread after posting... Must remember Mello likes to post light hearted wind ups...

I still don''t understand why he couldn''t have put the whole thing to bed in his 9am press conference or with Anglia tv at 5.30pm when they spoke to him walking to his car, why did he wait until 9pm at night.

My stress levels were sky high as I''m guessing others were!!

I think he thought the club statement said it all and the previous day he''d said he wasn''t going anywhere. However, his comment of don''t push me on this left a lot of uncertainty and allowed misinterpretation of the situation which I don''t imagine he''d envisaged.

I am more than concerned that PL has bigger fish to fry than Burnley just nowAt least 2 more Prem managers under scrutiny with Woy gone.  He may think that he will get a bigger club out of the merry go round that will undoubtedly occur

[quote user="cityangel"]

I still don''t understand why he couldn''t have put the whole thing to bed in his 9am press conference or with Anglia tv at 5.30pm when they spoke to him walking to his car, why did he wait until 9pm at night.

[/quote]

I suppose he might have got sick and tired of repeating the mantra: "I''m going nowhere, I''m committed to this football club," etc etc. Or there was a development between 9am and 9pm which helped to persuade him to stay. I think I go for the latter option.

[quote user="KenBrown"]I am more than concerned that PL has bigger fish to fry than Burnley just now

At least 2 more Prem managers under scrutiny with Woy gone.  He may think that he will get a bigger club out of the merry go round that will undoubtedly occur
[/quote]

There are certainly a few managerial posts up for grabs/coming up for grabs at the moment. Has Woy been given the push at Liverpool then ?

[quote user="Dan Druff"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

I suppose he might have got sick and tired of repeating the mantra: "I''m going nowhere, I''m committed to this football club," etc etc. Or there was a development between 9am and 9pm which helped to persuade him to stay. I think I go for the latter option.

[/quote]

Big player announcement today???

Yes and whilst Dalglish is temp in charge Someone will get the job from another club  Just may create another opportunity  Maybe NOTLOB 

good to see another Norwich fan in the area...we live in Chells Manor less than a mile away from Walkern

For those people with short or selective memories, Paul Lambert said He don''t think Scottish football is competative enought for him and he will not have his kids subjected to play ground bullying, this would happen if the results are going the wronge way, (Ring any bells) If and when he leaves us it won''t be to manage in Scotland it will be a premier league club, At which time I think we will be left in a stronger position to hold our own