Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

why theres no need to worry

Lamberts going nowhere.Lets look at the facts, Paul Lambert is manager of a team who are banging on the door of the Premiership, why would he leave for a mid table side who are closer to league 1 then the top flight?Lambert has turned down bigger clubs than Burnley. Celtic and Villa both have more money and bigger resources than Norwich do, yet he has stayed. Lamberts response today was professional and a little bit Pee''d off. the Press were trying to drum up a story, thats their job, find out what they can and report it. Paul has said he is happy with the statement, i believe him. He doesnt need to say "i''m not leaving" because the club have said it for him and thats the end of the matter.David McNally is not stupid, if Lambert wanted to leave then Burnley would have been given permission to speak to him and we would already be interviewing or searching for a replacement, there has been no indication that we are.the published article mentions how Lambert met mcNally this morning to discuss the statement. None of us where privy to this meeting and were not there. I can only speculate but i''d wager it went something like this:DM "Burnley have come in for you paul and we want to keep you here"PL "thats fine David, we are 3rd in the league and breathing down the necks of QPR and Cardiff.... how much do you want the premiership?"DM "thats the clubs aim Paul"PL "ok David, how much are you going to give me then to sign player X, Y and Z to ensure we get promoted?"DM "this much... *states figure"PL "thankyou, if the money fails to materialise then i''m off."The fact that paul lambert took that press conference today says it all... he is commited to the cause. if Lambert was off we''s have had a sheepish looking McNally on his own facing the media and giving it the usual "Paul is unavailable for comment"...Paul was available for comment, Paul spoke about Tommorows game which is the most important thing on the agenda at the moment. I''m sure he is somewhat Pissed off at constantly having to justify his position to the media... particularly after the club have gone public.of course i could be completely wrong and Lambert could well be on his way to Turf moor as i type. more fool me if thats the case and i will look very stupid after this post. However this brings us back to McNally.He is a business man and no doubt ruthless. Neil Doncaster would have conceded defeat. McNally wont. he will meet Lamberts demands for transfer fee, or a new contract or will go down fighting. With his contacts in the game he will bring in someone as good if not better than Lambert. if burnleuy have made a prior approach then that amounts to tapping up possibly? we got into trouble for it and i''m sure McNally would take Burnley to the cleaners for as much money as we could get.possible replacements? Chris Hughton, Maybe even Roy Hodgson who has worked with McNally at Fulham... I am of the opinion that Liverpool is a bridge too far for roy and a club slightly out of the lime light would do well under him.Paul Lambert needs to consider one thing in all of this, Burnley are chasing a dream.. they do not have the resources or infrastructure of Norwich City. McNally has backed Lambert financially as best as the coffers will allow and Lambert has taske us to a strong position... he can walk away, no one can stop him and thats up to him... however a new man will come in, inhert a squad 3rd place in the Championship and looking good.. this manager could take Paul Lamberts team up... Does paul want to risk mid table championship mediocrity for a chance he might not get again?the ball is in your court paul!What i ask of all fans is to purchase a ticket for tommorow, sell out the ground.. even if you dont normally go to cup games do it tommorow, make it a cup final atmosphere. And for the whole 90 minutes chant Lamberts name, no anti Ipswich songs, no Grant Holt songs, no usual stuff that we sing, maybe even no on the ball city... just "Paul Lamberts Green and Yellow army" at full voice for the full game.... Paul has the support of the club and the fans... he will leave the club one day of course, but will it be when he has taken it as far as he can or will it be for greedy selfish motives?Paul Lamberts Green and Yellow Army!

GOOD POST!!!

the bloke on the Wrath who goes to the friday training session just posted this.....

Just back from training

Had thought they may have someone on the gate saying no public access to training today but that was not the case. Thought also the place maybe swarming with journos but in fact I was the only saddo observer there freezing in the rain.

Lambo was disinterested in training and getting hacked off because he couldn''t get terf more to work on his sat nav. LOL

Lambert was at training as usual and everyone seemed in good spirits. It was actually a very good training session with the ball fizzing in the goals from all angles.

Fox and Hooze took a full part in training. Lansbury was training with 1 of the physios.

My personal view on Lambert/Burnley is that his agent would have said to him say nothing and leave it to me. I don''t think he will go there but if West Ham came calling it would be a different matter.

I worry City wont match his ambition 100 grand players are not going to get us to the premier, We dont want to do a leeds or Pompey but push the boat out a little bit and give the bloke a chance, case of same old Norwich to me, i hope i am wrong but things are not looking good imo,

[quote user="ricky knight"]I worry City wont match his ambition 100 grand players are not going to get us to the premier[/quote]Ian holloway might say different to that

Fantastic post. Can''t wait for the atmosphere tomorrow, support for Lambert ringing around Carrow Road will be just what is needed to brush this all under the carpet!

One of the better posts I have read today. My only criticism would be this

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Lambert has turned down bigger clubs than Burnley. Celtic and Villa both have more money and bigger resources than Norwich do, yet he has stayed. [/quote]

I don''t think PL was ever offered the Celtic or Villa jobs. He may have been rumoured to have been interested in the media but that doesn''t mean a lot!

[quote user="canary_girl"]Great post[/quote]Thay wasny a great post, it was  A SUPERB POST!

I was trying to get my head around this and read between the lines and jas has done it perfectly for me!  Thanks jas,i am now glass half full guy again! :)

Good post Jas. Alot of this goes back to whether the club matches his ambition and will make funds available etc,( I hate it when you see the next bit, but), I''ve heard from a current employee (and I don''t mean a kit man (no offence) at Cr that we are backing PL and taking a gamble in doing so by giving him the funds he wants for the players he is after. And that the bids have already been tabled by PL. He wouldn''t be buying if he was leaving IMO.Also no players will be sold to aid the "push" that PL has mentioned previously. Hopefully tomorrow will be a great atmosphere and NOT Lambert''s Last!!!!!

Couldn''t have put it better myself, I have my ticket already and will be doing my bit, and as its the FA cup we will be on M o t d so lets let them see what we think of Lambert 

Good OP and nice to see some sanity on this subject. Hope you''re right but the simple truth is we''ll all just have to wait.The reason i dont think it will happen (and how im telling myself it wont happen!) is that if he wanted to go, McNally would know and would want it all sorted asap so it wouldnt be left to dwell on like it kind of is being now. The club wouldnt come out and say we''ve deined Burnley permission to talk to Lambert unless he had already told McNally he was happy here - which i think he has therefore done. How stupid would we look if we''ve made this statement and then sometime next week Lambert is gone? The whole board in general seem pretty close in terms of they get on well and have always been clear on transfer budgets/personnel, backing in the media and with loans etc etc. I have no idea obviously but i think Lambert and McNally have a good working relationship (Lambert was clearly in mind as manager as soon as McNally joined the club) and so therefore would consult on this situation before making any statements to the press - who have always been treated (quite rightly) as ''give information on need to know basis''. Theres never been a sniff of possible transfers, they''ve always been a surprise (or a lucky guess) and fees not often disclosed. The media have always been used as and when needed by the club under Lambert and McNally so i think the statement does mean a lot - that McNally and Lambert have had a conversation, decided hes staying and then agreed a simple statement from the club.It does grate a little bit that Lambert hasnt said anything in the press conference, but he did say he was ''happy with the statement'', so really - what more do we need? The other posters are just worried so much that we''re going to lose potentially the best manager the clubs ever had that they need Lambert to come out and declare his undying love for NCFC - thats not going to happen, and the overreaction in such a strong way just shows how much he actually means to the fans.Anyhow, a game tomorrow and the start of a good cup run i hope. I for one will be chanting Lamberts name as often as possible throughout, hes still our manager, hes brought the best football at the club for a long time and made saturday afternoons a time to look forward to not just with the prospect of a win but also an entertaining and commited display from all on and off the pitch.In Lambert I trust!

A good post, cheered me up [:)] no end, and totally agree with non-stop chanting for Lambert, let him know for certain where he should be!

Good post but you have had nearly 15,000 practices at writing posts so its to be expected ;)Agree with all of it, i have heard from a friend who works at Carrow Road that he is staying but other than the man himself and the board not sure how he could know for sure (he is not on the board!) so gives a little extra confidence but its just a waiting game.

[quote user="ricky knight"]I worry City wont match his ambition 100 grand players are not going to get us to the premier, We dont want to do a leeds or Pompey but push the boat out a little bit and give the bloke a chance, case of same old Norwich to me, i hope i am wrong but things are not looking good imo,[/quote]

Case of same old ricky for the rest of us. What you are basically saying is that if Lambert goes it will all be Delia''s fault? As always...

I dont think hes going anywhere. Even if he had say 4 or 5 mil to spend at Burnley, whos he gonna go for? Norwich players more than likely, Holt, Crofts, Russell Martin maybe, Hoolahan? Whats the point in leaving under such a black cloud, then probably stealing some players?

If it is for money, well, realistically whats he likely to be on at Norwich £250-350k a year? To uproot his family and probably take Culverhouse (who i''m sure wont be keen) hes surely gonna want at least a 50% increase, aint gonna happen in my opinion. Also lets remember, the guy played professionally for best part of 17/18 years, he must''ve earnt a fair amount playing for Celtic for all those years and winning the champs league with Dortmund, i really cant see that hes gonna drop everything here to go for an extra 100 or 200 k.

Ambition comes into it, but we dont know whats been said between Lambo and the board. They managed to get Barnett on a perm deal and we, the fans thought that would be unlikely so its anyones guess who else hes after. Just because we only spent 100k on willy, dont mean we dont have anymore cash available.

Its time for everyone to calm down, chant his name tomorrow and get behind the team, if he wants to go then its up to him, we''ll move on, but i''m happy with whats been said this morning and last night and i dont think he will go.

otbc

really like the idea of dropping the orchestrated OTBC for a full-stadium chant of ''Paul Labmert''s Green Army'' tomorrow.  should happen.

Just heard part of Lambert''s interview on Look East. He laughed when he was asked and said, with obvious humour ''Let''s just focus on the game'' he didn''t sound pi**ed off at all. he actually seemed quite disbelieving that he was being asked the question! 

so who''s buying me a beer tommorow then?and for those who bashed Lambert in other threads on here and called fellow posters names.. Hang your heads and be ashamed of your actions!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]so who''s buying me a beer tommorow then?and for those who bashed Lambert in other threads on here and called fellow posters names.. Hang your heads and be ashamed of your actions![/quote]I will if you make yourself known in The Nelson jas lol

[quote user="Woman in the Stands"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]so who''s buying me a beer tommorow then?and for those who bashed Lambert in other threads on here and called fellow posters names.. Hang your heads and be ashamed of your actions![/quote]I will if you make yourself known in The Nelson jas lol[/quote]lol! im a coach and horses guy! they sponsor the sunday league team i run and Bob''s a good bloke!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Woman in the Stands"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]so who''s buying me a beer tommorow then?and for those who bashed Lambert in other threads on here and called fellow posters names.. Hang your heads and be ashamed of your actions![/quote]I will if you make yourself known in The Nelson jas lol[/quote]lol! im a coach and horses guy! they sponsor the sunday league team i run and Bob''s a good bloke![/quote]Fair enough. Apparently First Wazzock''s a C&H guy as well. Another time then.