Sign in to follow this  
Sideshow Tim

Lambert has quit

Let''s face it he''s gone. The club woudln''t allow this to drag on like this and disrupt our squad if there was nothing in it. This is a very said day for the club and tbh I can''t bring myself to follow Norwich anymore this season. I loved everything about Lambert and for me he is irreplaceable. I feel totaly sick  I just can''t believe how this has happened, one minute he''s signing Barnett and Wilbraham, the next he''s leaving.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]cityangel, you have been a regular on this forum for ages :P and you have not realised that is a huge part of this forum..... The OP i think was a bit of a wind up, although if Lambert does leave, he can now come and say i told you so.....But if Lambert had quit an hour ago, we would know by now....[/quote]

I suspect that not many of us are in the mood for windups today.

As for Lambert, he says he loves and respects the fans well either say you''re leaving or say you dont want to talk to Burnley, dont leave us in limbo all night else I''ll drive to Dunston hall and sort you out.

[/quote]Paul Lambert - be afraid; be very afraid!

[quote]

[quote]I have a niggling feeling he will leave. If he wanted to stay he would of said this morning. I hope he turns out to stay at our club.[/quote]

Starting to not care if he leaves anymore. This has been dragging on for way too long and its a bit disrespectful to us the fans, who Lambert is constantly banging on about, to be left in the dark. If Lambert does want to leave a club on the up then to be honest Im not sure I want him here.

[/quote]

dragging on way too long? 15 years ago you would have heard nothing until it was done. the 24 hour media might make it feel like a long time, but is it even 24 hours yet since burnley approached the club?

Lots of us have met Jas at pups get togethers plus I think he works at Archant, don''t think he would post this unless he knew something, he''s not like that.

Today, 4:57 PM

jas the barclay king is not online. Last active: 18/12/2010 11:11:17 jas the barclay king

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 02/11/2003
Posts 14,958

Re: Radio norfolk

Reply Quote

he hasnt quit....

Give up on our next manager (if this is true) before he gets a chance?

If we get Malky i will be quite happy (although would like Lambert to stay....), and would happily accept falling out of the play-offs with him if all things don''t go to plan to start with.....

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Let''s face it he''s gone. The club woudln''t allow this to drag on like this and disrupt our squad if there was nothing in it. This is a very said day for the club and tbh I can''t bring myself to follow Norwich anymore this season. I loved everything about Lambert and for me he is irreplaceable. I feel totaly sick  I just can''t believe how this has happened, one minute he''s signing Barnett and Wilbraham, the next he''s leaving.[/quote]FFS! No he hasnt! no archant called to press conference, no BBC, no sky, no radio snorefolk. LAMBERT SAID HE WAS HAPPY WITH  THE STATEMENT!we kick off in less than 24 hours, if he had left do you really think they would  leave it till 26,000 fans were in Carrow road then tell us?the matter should be closed for everyone now.If Lambert had quit why would he even have bothered talking about tommorows game?

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Let''s face it he''s gone. The club woudln''t allow this to drag on like this and disrupt our squad if there was nothing in it. This is a very said day for the club and tbh I can''t bring myself to follow Norwich anymore this season. I loved everything about Lambert and for me he is irreplaceable. I feel totaly sick  I just can''t believe how this has happened, one minute he''s signing Barnett and Wilbraham, the next he''s leaving.[/quote]

Calm down! He hasn''t left yet!

Lambert will get us promoted, we will win the FA Cup and then he will get us into Europe!  Positive thinking is what is needed at a time like this [:p]

To be fair to PL he has always said similar things when being linked with jobs before.

It''s as if it''s not relevant to him.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Lots of us have met Jas at pups get togethers plus I think he works at Archant, don''t think he would post this unless he knew something, he''s not like that.

Today, 4:57 PM

jas the barclay king is not online. Last active: 18/12/2010 11:11:17jas the barclay king Top 10 Posts Joined on 02/11/2003 Posts 14,958

Re: Radio norfolk

ReplyQuote

he hasnt quit....
[/quote]i dont work in any editorial capacity, but i didnt notice any mayhem in the news room this afternoon. I''m sure Pete will soon let us know if theres anything to tell.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Let''s face it he''s gone. The club woudln''t allow this to drag on like this and disrupt our squad if there was nothing in it. This is a very said day for the club and tbh I can''t bring myself to follow Norwich anymore this season. I loved everything about Lambert and for me he is irreplaceable. I feel totaly sick  I just can''t believe how this has happened, one minute he''s signing Barnett and Wilbraham, the next he''s leaving.[/quote]FFS! No he hasnt! no archant called to press conference, no BBC, no sky, no radio snorefolk. LAMBERT SAID HE WAS HAPPY WITH  THE STATEMENT!we kick off in less than 24 hours, if he had left do you really think they would  leave it till 26,000 fans were in Carrow road then tell us?the matter should be closed for everyone now.If Lambert had quit why would he even have bothered talking about tommorows game? [/quote]

Jas, I see where you are coming from but I can also see it from the other side. If he has no intention of leaving then why not say it? All this does is make the fans panic, unsettle the players and potentially scupper any transfers that are in the pipeline. Not a smart move IMO.

Radio Norfolk stating that PL will be with the lads for the game tomorrow. The only thing he has left at the moment is Carrow Road to go home.

The plot thickens.

It just said on norfolk that he has left carrow road and when asked about his future he said he would be at the game tmmrw but refused to comment on his long term future. Whatever the problem is the club must sort it, if it''s transfer funds, higher salary or whatever. We have a real chance of promotion this year the club must now show ambition.

[quote user="Hunter106"]

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]I have a niggling feeling he will leave. If he wanted to stay he would of said this morning. I hope he turns out to stay at our club.[/quote]

Starting to not care if he leaves anymore. This has been dragging on for way too long and its a bit disrespectful to us the fans, who Lambert is constantly banging on about, to be left in the dark. If Lambert does want to leave a club on the up then to be honest Im not sure I want him here.

[/quote]

I agree mate.

Just not really giving a shit about it anymore.

If he doesn''t want to be here, then why are we keeping him? I''d rather have a guy who wanted to be here tbh. Yes he''s done well here and all that but if is hearts not in it, the performance wont be there. Get a few £££££ for him and get someone like Mackay in with the money we get.

Little update for people - A press conference will be held after the Leyton 1 Orient game tomorrow!

There always is a press conference after every home game

Lambert has said he "will be here tomorrow"... But refuses to rule out leaving again.. I think he''s going, as he''s not confirming anything. All he needs to do is say he''s staying, it''s as simple as that really.

[quote user="Adam NCFC"]Lambert has said he "will be here tomorrow"... But refuses to rule out leaving again.. I think he''s going, as he''s not confirming anything. All he needs to do is say he''s staying, it''s as simple as that really.
[/quote]

Thats what I think too, he had the ideal opportunity to put matters straight but didn''t.

[quote user="PKC"]Little update for people - A press conference will be held after the Leyton 1 Orient game tomorrow! There always is a press conference after every home game[/quote]

No there isn''t. The only press conference Norwich do is on a Friday morning.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Adam NCFC"]Lambert has said he "will be here tomorrow"... But refuses to rule out leaving again.. I think he''s going, as he''s not confirming anything. All he needs to do is say he''s staying, it''s as simple as that really.
[/quote]

Thats what I think too, he had the ideal opportunity to put matters straight but didn''t.

[/quote]

Hate to say it but seeing that has made my mind up,i think he''s off [:(] I hope i''m just worrying over nothing.

Everybody is far too excitedWhilst it may seem things happen instantaneously they dontBurnley are interested we dont want him to goHe may be in 2 minds may use it as a bargaining tool or genuinely doesnt know what he thinks about there opportunity  He might just want to know what Burnley are saying and you cant blame anybody for thatRemember  money destroyed all loyalty in football.  Ginger Pele  know al about not being wanted and possibly Bg as well  both sides to the coinAnyway it will take a few days to sort

Sorry, but I think he is going. Paul is a fairly straight guy by football standards, so rather than going back on any comments made he is covering himself by simply saying nothing. I am afraid his comment "I will be here tomorrow" does not add anything. I fear he will disappear to Scotland after the game and then an announcement will be made.

He could have easily said I am enjoying it here, we could get promoted etc - but he didn''t. Apart from being nearer to his family - which is fairly relevant, I see no point in going to Burnley.

As the previous poster correctly states "money has destroyed all loyalty in football". Its happening everywhere.

[quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="Hunter106"]

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]I have a niggling feeling he will leave. If he wanted to stay he would of said this morning. I hope he turns out to stay at our club.[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree mate.

Just not really giving a shit about it anymore.[/quote]Don''t know about you but I''m an NCFC supporter, not a Paul Lambert supporter.While he''s part of the club and delivering, then I''m behind him all the way. If he leaves, we''ll all owe him thanks for what he''s done for the club, but from that point onwards I couldn''t give a toss about what he does.

Well I''ll be danged. Moral of the story to all you fucking idiots who spoke too soon, wait till official confirmation!!!!!!!

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]sorry people, cannot reveal my source. He has quit and will not be at Carrow Road for tomorrows game. Statement to be released soon from NCFC[/quote]

I suggest you might like to have a quiet word with your source - whoever he or she is, or if he or she even exists. I will let you know something from a very reliable source - one day, and I cannot say when, Paul Lambert will no longer be Manager of our Football Club. Honestly, I cannot reveal my source because, if I do, I would not be able to bring you any more earth-shattering revelations.

[quote user="Duffman"]How does the yolk taste Tim?

Consider you and ''your sauce'' struck off the insider list.[/quote]

Got to agree Duffman. Sideshow Tim had a decent record of relating ''truths'' from his sources in the past. But this one, he was well wide of the mark. It''ll take a long time before the likes of Sideshow are trusted oracles again.

Under previous managers we always had people on here revealing new signings before they were made official.

Correct me if I am wrong but that doesn''t happen with PL''s signings. They just appear when they are confirmed by the club. I think PL plays everything close to his chest and I doubt anyone on this forum really has the inside track on what PL is doing.