Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

i will say i told you all so...

im not one to gloat but i am delighted it turned out as i said...Lambert was staying.. i knew it from this morning and was trying to reassure you all....some people knee jerked, some thought he was off... lets all look forward to tommorows game and th erest of the season now.Well done to Paul Lambert for conducting himself in a professional manner and focusing on the game ahead, if it means the board back him or he gets a new contract then all well and good i say.enjoying a Guiness over the news now!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]im not one to gloat but i am delighted it turned out as i said...Lambert was staying.. i knew it from this morning and was trying to reassure you all....some people knee jerked, some thought he was off... lets all look forward to tommorows game and th erest of the season now.Well done to Paul Lambert for conducting himself in a professional manner and focusing on the game ahead, if it means the board back him or he gets a new contract then all well and good i say.enjoying a Guiness over the news now![/quote]Do you think Lambert was sending a message to the board that he won''t hesitate to move if they don''t back him and as a result has ended up with a bigger warchest for players and a pay rise for himself just for good measure?

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]im not one to gloat but i am delighted it turned out as i said...Lambert was staying.. i knew it from this morning and was trying to reassure you all....some people knee jerked, some thought he was off... lets all look forward to tommorows game and th erest of the season now.Well done to Paul Lambert for conducting himself in a professional manner and focusing on the game ahead, if it means the board back him or he gets a new contract then all well and good i say.enjoying a Guiness over the news now![/quote]Do you think Lambert was sending a message to the board that he won''t hesitate to move if they don''t back him and as a result has ended up with a bigger warchest for players and a pay rise for himself just for good measure?[/quote]Probably but who cares he is staying thats all that matters.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]im not one to gloat but i am delighted it turned out as i said...Lambert was staying.. i knew it from this morning and was trying to reassure you all....some people knee jerked, some thought he was off... lets all look forward to tommorows game and th erest of the season now.Well done to Paul Lambert for conducting himself in a professional manner and focusing on the game ahead, if it means the board back him or he gets a new contract then all well and good i say.enjoying a Guiness over the news now![/quote]Do you think Lambert was sending a message to the board that he won''t hesitate to move if they don''t back him and as a result has ended up with a bigger warchest for players and a pay rise for himself just for good measure?[/quote]One or the other or both.  Sorry Jas, but imo it''s not as simple as speculation went mental and it boiled over.

[quote user="Tony from southrepps"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]im not one to gloat but i am delighted it turned out as i said...Lambert was staying.. i knew it from this morning and was trying to reassure you all....some people knee jerked, some thought he was off... lets all look forward to tommorows game and th erest of the season now.Well done to Paul Lambert for conducting himself in a professional manner and focusing on the game ahead, if it means the board back him or he gets a new contract then all well and good i say.enjoying a Guiness over the news now![/quote]Do you think Lambert was sending a message to the board that he won''t hesitate to move if they don''t back him and as a result has ended up with a bigger warchest for players and a pay rise for himself just for good measure?[/quote]Probably but who cares he is staying thats all that matters.[/quote]Agreed, it could prove to be a very clever move and could well give us the impetus to go on and complete the job.

if Lambert buys 3 or 4 players and takes us into the premiership then he should be paid what he wants as far as i''m concerned... Everyones a winner, if Lambert has got a pay rise then well done to him.... if he has got a few new signings as a result even better... will anyone actually give a s*it in 12 months if we are a premiership side? i doubt it!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]if Lambert buys 3 or 4 players and takes us into the premiership then he should be paid what he wants as far as i''m concerned...

Everyones a winner, if Lambert has got a pay rise then well done to him.... if he has got a few new signings as a result even better... will anyone actually give a s*it in 12 months if we are a premiership side? i doubt it!

[/quote]

Well you''ve just neatly summed up exactly what''s wrong with football these days - perhaps you should read the best post of this board for years written today by Andy Larkin. IF (and perhaps a big ''IF'' I agree) PL has manipulated this whole scenario to generate a shed load of dosh for himself and / or players that makes his behaviour acceptable and professional does it? So what will you want the club to do next time this sorry state of affairs blows up again, say when West Ham or whoever comes calling?? Give him yet another new contract? Last time I looked the club was called Norwich City Football Club NOT Paul Lambert Football Club.

next years annual accounts will tell the tale.i dont think wages came into it, i expect a promise of funds to sign someone did

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]if Lambert buys 3 or 4 players and takes us into the premiership then he should be paid what he wants as far as i''m concerned... Everyones a winner, if Lambert has got a pay rise then well done to him.... if he has got a few new signings as a result even better... will anyone actually give a s*it in 12 months if we are a premiership side? i doubt it!

[/quote]

Well you''ve just neatly summed up exactly what''s wrong with football these days - perhaps you should read the best post of this board for years written today by Andy Larkin. IF (and perhaps a big ''IF'' I agree) PL has manipulated this whole scenario to generate a shed load of dosh for himself and / or players that makes his behaviour acceptable and professional does it? So what will you want the club to do next time this sorry state of affairs blows up again, say when West Ham or whoever comes calling?? Give him yet another new contract? Last time I looked the club was called Norwich City Football Club NOT Paul Lambert Football Club.

[/quote]But we''ve no idea that this has happened. I very much doubt McNally has got down on his knees and begged Lambert to stay which is bascially what people are saying hes done.I dont think Lambert was really interested in Burnley, he just didnt want to stop prem clubs from approaching if any vacancies become available. Not saying he''ll be on his way then either but he''s ambitious and wont want to distance prem clubs by over commiting himself to one club - i dont think its anything personal (like hes said in the past and now today - hes happy here), hes simply acting like anyone in a job, keeping their options open.He didnt need to say anything more on top of the statement this morning so we should be grateful he has and move on.City 3 Orient 0

Spot on for standing by the club but any talk of extra funds is nonsense. The money is either there or it is not

If the money is there then, even it could be made available, it would require a board meeting. Something that could not be arranged that quick

If the money is not there then Lambert would be fully aware of it and would see and display of silly tantrums as that - silly tantrums. Something far too many have indulged in on this forum over the past 24 hours.

Well done Jas and thanks for reassuring us earlier [:)] although I was still stressed and worried.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Well done Jas and thanks for reassuring us earlier [:)] although I was still stressed and worried.

[/quote]

Think we were all worried Smile [:)]

No need to worry anymore, what a day!

Yes Jas, you were one of the few keeping their heads on this board when others about them were losing theirs and if you read your thread from lunchtime, you will see that i was one of the trust in Lambert crew.  Some people really should hang their heads and keep their stupid, supposed know it all comments to themselves. 

[quote user="Davness"]Nice one Jas. Tis how I called it all along also, I''m feeling relief and smugness in equal value![/quote]So am IThanks JAS

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]if Lambert buys 3 or 4 players and takes us into the premiership then he should be paid what he wants as far as i''m concerned... Everyones a winner, if Lambert has got a pay rise then well done to him.... if he has got a few new signings as a result even better... will anyone actually give a s*it in 12 months if we are a premiership side? i doubt it!

[/quote]If we go for it and fail then fair enough but we have to go for it from the position we are in now.If it takes us further into debt then so be it, I will not be critical.It would be unforgiveable to let this chance slip.

I knew 110% Lambert was not going to Burnley. I wasnt bothered 1 little bit about the speculation.

He will only move if a club a lot bigger than Norwich comes in. He is happy here and loves the area.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]if Lambert buys 3 or 4 players and takes us into the premiership then he should be paid what he wants as far as i''m concerned...

Everyones a winner, if Lambert has got a pay rise then well done to him.... if he has got a few new signings as a result even better... will anyone actually give a s*it in 12 months if we are a premiership side? i doubt it!

[/quote]

[/quote]

With all due respect to Andy L his post (if I remember correctly) was only brought about because he thought Lambert was leaving, so perhaps there was a lot of wasted words there. It is pretty much Paul Lambert FC at the moment though isn''t it, and to be honest I am happy with that at present. If he keeps improving I would be happy if he kept getting another contract every time someone else wanted him.