Sign in to follow this  
Rupethebear

Lambert Statement on Canaries web site, he's staying

Have been reading pink un messages for last couple of years, but never had courage to speak. I happened to click on to club web site just as PL''s statement was issued and saw nothing had been said on here. Has taken half an hour to get registered and I''''ve missed the boat. Anyway, so glad PL and team are staying. Think it has been a game of chess for last 24hrs and can''t blame PL for possibly making the most of current situation. Hope all is now sorted at Carrow Road and everyone is committed to get this super club back to where it belongs in top division.

I can only see this uniting the team and staff even more. I think we will kick on and make an incredible push for promotion this season. This, could be the ignition we need to really crack on.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Happy Birthday Butler and Dean''s Boots [<:o)]  [^]What a pressie for you both lol[/quote]

Thanks W[B]its

[/quote]If you''re joining the inner circle tomorrow, you may just get a birthday [B]

Fantastic news.Been a bloody misery all day.Nice one lambert! Just need Megson to be named scummer manager to make a perfect day

Absolutely f--k-ng awesome, get in there, this is the second time, that Burnley have come knocking, when will they get the f--k--g message.Paul Lambert lets hope the board back him fully, and onwards and upwards.Come on you yellows

Its pants being on the other side of the world and not being fully in touch with whats happening, so this pleases me greatly!

[:D]

[quote user="morty"]

Its pants being on the other side of the world and not being fully in touch with whats happening, so this pleases me greatly!

[:D]

[/quote]Don''t worry Morty we will keep you abreast of things.Never had a moments doubt myself.Burnley??? you''re havin a larf.If West Ham or Villa come calling I for one would not blame him.

Superb news- had a really s**t day at work, not helped in any way by the visits to various websites which convinced me he had gone. Then got home to find notification from R&C that I have underpaid Â£1100 of PAYE[:''(].

But now I don''t care about all that[:D].

It''s going to be interesting to see if there is a change in transfer policy in the remainder of Jan (although I''m not sure where the money is going to come from....!) 

[quote user="Dereham Tifoso"]

Superb news- had a really s**t day at work, not helped in any way by the visits to various websites which convinced me he had gone. Then got home to find notification from R&C that I have underpaid Â£1100 of PAYE[:''(].

But now I don''t care about all that[:D].

It''s going to be interesting to see if there is a change in transfer policy in the remainder of Jan (although I''m not sure where the money is going to come from....!) 

[/quote]I hear there''s a football club in the county south of ours seeking a manager. Providing you''re desperate for the dosh of course [:P]

I bet PL is a phenominal poker player and ''Lambert'' needs to go into the OED with the definition of ''keeping all options open whilst saying almost nothing.''

Now you all know how he gets his players bursting a gut for him.

So relieved he''s staying. Saw a video of him getting in his car earlier tonight - it didn''t look good. On the late night BBC local news it showed the beginning of this which was missing from the video. He was smiling and happy, not what I''d have expected if he was going. I think he was later shaking his head about the numpties getting in the way of his car.

I''m looking forward to PL being around for quite some time. He clearly loves it here. There are only about a dozen teams in the UK where he could have a better future IMO.

Lambert is going nowhere. The way he is going with us, he''s destined to be a top top manager, potentially even a future Manchester United manager when Fergie calls it a day. He is clearly an intelligent man, stick with us, get us in the Premiership, and then the sky is the limit for him in management. I''m just praying that when he does inevitably move on to a bigger club, we don''t do our usual and replace him with a complete muppet.

Quoting Woman in the Stands (WITS).....

I hear there''s a football club in the county south of ours seeking a manager. Providing you''re desperate for the dosh of course

Believe me I''m not that desperate[:D].

Besides, based on their previous appointment, I think I may be overqualified[;)]

[quote user="Dereham Tifoso"]

Quoting Woman in the Stands (WITS).....

I hear there''s a football club in the county south of ours seeking a manager. Providing you''re desperate for the dosh of course

Believe me I''m not that desperate[:D].

Besides, based on their previous appointment, I think I may be overqualified[;)]

[/quote]tee hee [:)]

Just came back on the site after leaving it for the day, great result, glad almost all the worries have stopped, like lambert wanted all along, lets focus on the next game, o and some good new on the transfer situation next week!!

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh.First time I think I have ever geniunely celebrated news over the internet, like City had scored a goal.I like other would have no issue with him taking a job at an established premier league club, but Burnley would have been a bit of an insult to us and the club.

This is good news. Have to say that it was paranoia city here during the day though, particularly as he''d effectively backed up the club''s statement and that really should have been enough. I thought he''d stay - I just couldn''t see the lure of Burnley being enough - but as the day wore on I thought I must have been missing something the way people were carrying on! It does go to show that this 24-hr information age is not always a good thing, as it can misinform more readily than inform!

I guess there were probably some discussions behind the scenes and who knows, he may have got a pay rise/more funds, but it always seemed that it would be a pretty strange move for PL to leave us for Burnley, particularly after not being interested last season, and saying similar recently. I don''t doubt that his head would be turned big-time should a West Ham or similar come calling, and no one could really blame him for that....I just hope we continue our current form and go up, as then it hopefully won''t become an issue as we''ll ourselves be in the Prem!

C''mon folks, if PL had gone to McNally and said he''s leaving us for Burnley, I think McN would have burst out laughing. And Paul would have joined in, too.

The whole idea of Burnley, Burnely for G''s sake, is beyond ridiculousness!

Now, Villa, on the other hand......