Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Is Bellamy such an unrealistic dream?

Ok I know that there is no way we could afford to buy him.  However, I don''t think a loan would be so unrealistic.  I think Newcastle would accept a loan if no-one came in for him.  I also think Bellers would be prepared to come back.  So now the wages: Say he''s on £35,000 a week = £140,000 a month = £700K for the rest of the season.  Considering if we were to bring in another player we would easily pay this in transfer fees + signing on fees etc, I don''t think it''s that stupid.

Much as I would like to see him back I don''t think he would and the money is probably better spent on buying a proper defence.

add another £100,000.00 as he is on £40,000 per week, but that''s still affordable at £800K for the rest of the season.

Thing is Souness will probably want to sell him, not loan him.  The chances are Villa or Spurs will have him.  Then again such a disruptive players may not be taken by anyone now, least of all Nigel who is keen for a positive team spirit.  Look how he dealt with Bentley after a joke, do think he will want to deal with Bellamy?

[quote]Ok I know that there is no way we could afford to buy him. However, I don''t think a loan would be so unrealistic. I think Newcastle would accept a loan if no-one came in for him. I also think Belle...[/quote]

A dream signing DD?, I believe he''d be a bloody nightmare!.

Good player?, beyond any doubt.

Disruptive?, Hmm.

IMO, he always was arrogant, even at city!.

IMO again, the dressing room ''flare ups'' at Newcastle, first under Robson and now Souness, have a common link, and that link is Craig Bellamy.

Sorry, but that''s how I see it mate.

[quote]Ok I know that there is no way we could afford to buy him. However, I don''t think a loan would be so unrealistic. I think Newcastle would accept a loan if no-one came in for him. I also think Belle...[/quote]

This is a great rumour which has just surfaced.

"OK...the staff at the club are talking about Bellamy coming to the club on loan until the end of the season. When I say staff I don''t mean coaches, I''m talking office staff, this may be a rumour or something someone has heard.

A friend who works on a newspaper in the NE has told me that Newcastle WANT to let the player go on loan until the end of the season - to score a few goals and prove his fitness. Newcastle will then sell at the end of the season for good money once all this has calmed down. Newcastle do not want Bellamy at the club and will offer him around until he is taken and pay part of his wages on a loan deal. Obviously the rumour mill is going into overdrive and we are being discussed as one of the favourites to take him as he is a bit of risk, other clubs do not want to upset the harmony of the team, Norwich are perceived as not having much to lose by taking him.

Taking him would be a huge bonus to our survival and he would come...with a massive point to prove. It''s not a risk for us, because if we go down, he goes back...if he scores and we stay up we get money to afford him if we want him!I

''ve not embellished these facts, just typed them as they''ve been told to me...nothing set in stone...just a few logical steps."

He''s on 40 grand a week and I thought it was a rule that the club taking the loan player had to pay all the wages?

[quote]This is a great rumour which has just surfaced. "OK...the staff at the club are talking about Bellamy coming to the club on loan until the end of the season. When I say staff I don''t mean coaches, ...[/quote]

Lol. Yeah I read that on Wrath too Meeky! The rumours are beginning. Personally I don''t think paying 40K a week would be such a gamble. I''d have him back in a shot

Whether or not he''s a dream, would we really want him at Norwich?

By all accounts we''ve got a team who really pull together and work hard for each other. Bellamy might be a skilful player but he''s a big head and a big mouth. How many times would he be dropped because of training ground bust-ups.

Besides which how would you play him alongside Huckerby? Given a choice I''d have Huckerby every time. Leave Beallamy to disrupt other clubs.

Quote: "He''s on 40 grand a week and I thought it was a rule that the club taking the loan player had to pay all the wages?"

As I understand it, the two clubs can come to any arrangement they choose, with the club receiving the player paying 0-100% of the wages.

If you remember when Hucks came on loan, I believe he was earning 30 grand a week, and we certainly weren''t paying all of that. If I''m correct city were paying him 15 or 20 with Man Citeh paying the rest.

I say we go for it. There''s no doubting that he knows where the goal is and a bit of pace like that would come in veeeeeery handy. He might be a right tosser, but can you argue with a front line of Bellars and Ashton?  

Mind you though, I''d still like a couple more defenders...

Yeah, but how long before he starts his "I''m the best player at this club" routine? We don''t have any fevered egos ar Carrow Road at the moment...why upset the applecart?

Firstly a very, very backward step. He learnt his stuff with us. So what. He''s no connections here and would see joining us as a big step down/back.

His wages would certainly cause resentment. More so with one or two who may have joined us for a lower than expected deal due to our lesser income who then see the wage structurer blown apart to sign the ''great white hope''.

We are conceding far too many goals. Therein lies the more important problem. Five goals against Pompey, Brum, Palace and Newcastle would see us on 27 points.

It could be argued that one goal more by us would have achieved the same aim but too many times we have had to come back in the second half because we have found ourselves behind. Sort out the back and built from there as invariably it''s meant we have had to chop and change to deal with being behind

We came up last year on not conceding goals. Lets stay up by going back to that.

The final point would be Bellamy''s knee trouble. City got shot of him as soon as they were able. Likewise Coventry who kept his appearances down, suuggestedly so as not to trigger further payments to City but more likely they became aware of his recurring knee injuries.

Souness was brought in to clear out the deadwood at Newcastle. Shearer is heading off to the TV pundit''s chair and numerous overpaid ''Carlos kickaballs'' will be edged out along with the ex binner''s Tortoise Bumble and Keiron non Tryer. It could be that the recent spat with Bellamy is part of that process. Either way he is part of our past not our future.

We''ve fourteen more ''cup finals'' to go. If we are to get anyone else in then lets at least get someone who sees it that way rather someone who might see it as no more than as a chance to pick up a few extra first team bonuses.

Bellers........... like hellers !

If his wages cost, say, 500,000 for the rest of the season (compromise with newcastle) then surely this is a better deal than buying a good to average prem player for a the same fee AND being stuck with wages over a long 2 to 3 year contract should we go down?

Having Bellers & Hucks plus Ashton you would have a fast. mobile and dangerous attack playing either 442 or 433. The defnce would get respite as team would be scared of or attacking threat, not from one player (hence the three players on Hucks = stops Norwich''s creativity strategy).  

However I seriously doubt that this loan will even be looked at by the club or that Newcastle would be into it (he''s injury prone but someone will most likely stump up 6 million, sending him on loan here to possiblt get crocked would not be a sensible way to look after a valuable player). 

This one aint gonna happen simply because we know how strict worthy is with discipline andeveryone knows about bellamy''s attitude, saying that worthy did work with him briefly before he left so he might think he''s worth it, but anyway i can''t see bellers coming back here because it would be a step backwards for him, and our priority should be in strengthening the defence.

I will say again:

On the news this morning, Souness is not putting Bellamy on the transfer list and has instead fined him two weeks wages - £80,000.00.

Why there are 3 more NEW threads about Bellamy is beyond me and extemely frustrating, leave it people there is no way he is going anywhere let alone Norwich.

I really do believe that if we came in for a loan deal and offered to pay 90-100% of his wages Newcastle would accept and so would Bellers.  This could be a dream oppertunity for us. Lets not throw it away

He''s a great player DD, no doubt.

But how do you propose we fit him in to our team?! Please, not Hucks on the wing - we need some steel in our team.

Although there is absolutely no doubting Bellars ability and no doubting that he would improve our side, I would have to say no. Purely for his atrocious injury record. He plays about 50% - 60% of time. Can we afford to pay someone £40,000 a week to sit there injured (which he will undoubtedly do) I personally don''t think so.

Bellamy is a pain in the jacksy and not worth the trouble.  He wasn''t particularly liked by the other players when he was our player - thats why they locked him on the toilet on the team coach a couple of times

[quote]He''s a great player DD, no doubt. But how do you propose we fit him in to our team?! Please, not Hucks on the wing - we need some steel in our team.[/quote]

Maybe bananaman:

Greeno

Helveg  Doc  Flem  Charlie

Jonson Safri  Francis

Hucks

Bellers   Ashton

Yes please!

I don''t think that would add any protection to our already under fire defence DD.I think we need a bank of solid midfielders, of which Jonson isn''t one.It''s all very well when we''re chasing the game, but we''d be three down before we knew it in that formation I think.

i cant believe there is a discussion on this, as in, if we could get him and he wanted to come here, then damn right we should have him.

i cant see it happening though, but i cant see any of the major clubs wanting him at this moment, and if he has to leave newc and go on loan, how gutting would it be seeing him going to one of our rivals in relegation.

last year we thought it would be impossible getting hcuk here on his sort of wages, is it so outrageous to think we couldn''t afford to pay a bit more this year.

and as for upsetting team morale, who cares? team morale has got us up to 19th place so far....

he has to go on loan by monday if they want him out.  let''s put it this way newcastle wouldn''t want to pay all them wages for him to sit around, by being on loan he can increase his transfer value.  in addition newcastle would only loan him out to a club they ddin''t see as competition.  bellamy with a point to prove.  it''s all set up if the club and the player want it then it certainly could happen, it would give us a really feared strikeforce.

£40k a week for an overblown ego who is also prone to injury - it would be bad move.

If we have that sort of money still available it has to be central defender first and then possibly a "quality" midfielder to support Hucks, Holt, Dammo and Jonson.

This may be way off the mark and giving him too much credit, but I was under the impression that Bellers still had a fair amount of affection for Norwich. He came back to Carrow Road during the centenary celebrations, refused to celebrate the goal against us earlier in the season and didn''t he come back to play in Tim Sheppard''s testimonial? I''d have thought we''d be ahead of any other teams at the bottom end of the league in any race to get him.

[quote]This may be way off the mark and giving him too much credit, but I was under the impression that Bellers still had a fair amount of affection for Norwich. He came back to Carrow Road during the centen...[/quote]

I don''t think that is giving him too much credit. I recall someone else - one of the players or staff - saying that he was one of the first people to phone up after we got promotion to offer his congratulations.he must realise that this is certainly one of the few clubs where he won''t have to do too much to win the fans over like he would elsewhere. Come on Worthy - get the little welshman back home! ....until the end of the season.