Sign in to follow this  
mighty yellow

£1m to spend on players

Nice idea, but very very much doubt it would work...

For a start, i think the club would have to advertise it heavily (and their isn''t really time for that now?)....Their won''t be 20,000 willing NCFC fans on this (and any other) forum......

I think the club should organise a transfer kitty itself, I reckon they would get a fair a few quid right now. Especially if it was accompanied with a slogan like "Would you have paid £50 to keep Lambert? If so donate £50 now for him to spend on transfer as a reward." I would have given what I haven''t got for tonight''s outcome.

That really makes you realise just how much a million is!And no, it won''t work. If I give £50 to the club, I want something in return. Like a limited edition shirt, or a share. There are over £1m worth of unissued shares left in the club, if you want to buy some all you have to do is phone the club and ask to buy some. If I had money to give away, I would do that. Because whilst we all love this football club, it is quick to tell everybody that it is a business. And that means that it is not a charity.I would sooner people donate to Foncy, or the supporters club, or the Huckerby trust.

Yes and it still isn''t clear whether Norwich City Kitty presented the funds to the board of Norwich City Football Club or not. Unless that has now been confirmed, in which case I would be grateful if somebody could point me in the direction of the evidence.

I always wondered if this type of thing was possible, £50 sounds reasonable but I don''t think it would sound reasonable to 20,000 city fans.

Why not just turn up today for the Orient game a full house would have raised us £100000 once Orient have their split even at those low prices. Afraid these things as always are all talk and nobody ever does it. Take a few weeks ago - ideas come up on here - people go to press with their ideas - loads of hype - 2 days later not even heard about in anymore.

What needs to happen is that Lambert and McNally give a seasons commitment, write to all season ticket holders and ask for £50 - £100 paid by direct debit and everybody needs to buy in. To many people want to take the credit of raiseing cash for the club but then doing nothing about it.