Sign in to follow this  
Oxford Canary

Lambert on the phone on SSN

i think this is what many people on here thought was happening anyway. when he had the chance to comment on the burnley link, he stated he agreed with NCFC and put the focus on the next game. This shouldnt have really surprised anyone considering a few weeks ago he said how much he loved it here and wouldnt be going anywhere. So his aim was to keep the club running a long as usual, trying to get everyone to focus on the game. I think this interview shows how he was a bit surprised his friday morning comment didn''t stop the rumours, it should have been enough for everyone. Then being hassled when getting in the car, he was never going to be happy about, espicially after thinking he had already clarified all the rumours. In the end i think NCFC after all the press pressure got him to release a much more definitive statement, which obviously he could have done on friday morning, but im sure he thought what he said was enough and he was probably more frustrated than anything that people are focusing on him going rather than city''s next game, which is important. The strongest team wont be put out but we''ll want to win, anyone who says we shouldnt go to win it is ignorant really, we need the money the fa cup brings and its a good chance for some non starters to get a game.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Oxford Canary"]Lambert was absolutely clear on the phone SSN ten minutes ago - he is staying.[/quote]

Well SSN must have good '' phones ........I can''t understand a word he says on TV or radio.
[/quote]

Triffic.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Oxford Canary"]Lambert was absolutely clear on the phone SSN ten minutes ago - he is staying.[/quote]

Well SSN must have good '' phones ........I can''t understand a word he says on TV or radio.
[/quote]

I don''t have too much trouble with Paul''s Scottish brogue (if I listen carefully), but I could have done with an interpreter/sub-titles every time Peter Grant opened his mouth. "The lads were billiant".