Sign in to follow this  
jed exodous

Funny how no-one in the know, knew about this statement...

Wheres all the know-it-alls now?  What a fickle bunch of fans.  People like Sideshow tim should hang their heads.  Well done Lambert for releasing your statement (though you should''ve done it this morning).  Its great news, and as you can see from further down the board, i posted that i expected him to stay. 

[quote user="jed exodous"]

Wheres all the know-it-alls now?  What a fickle bunch of fans.  People like Sideshow tim should hang their heads.  Well done Lambert for releasing your statement (though you should''ve done it this morning).  Its great news, and as you can see from further down the board, i posted that i expected him to stay. 

[/quote]

Was just thinking the same. All those in the know have gone rather quiet...

The scary thing is, they must get some sort of weird kick from pretending to have friends or contacts in the club.  How sad is that?  Nobody is impressed.  I think i''m gonna have another read through some of the tripe posted throughout today, then next week when we''ve moved on and perhaps linked with a player 2, i know who to give a bit of trust to when it comes to people claiming to be in the know.

maybe, or they could just have fell for it themselves and thought they were sharing something genuine with us on here

I dont actually think anyone outside that board room today really had a clue what was really going on all of today, people just taking guesses, it was 50/50 after all.

Delighted its worked out thought, onwards and upwards! OTBC

It''s not as easy to say what you know, and even if they said what they know would people believe them on here?

I have been there & got the t-shirt, the one piece I did happen to let slip on here I was branded a liar etc, got abusive mails, so now if I hear things I keep them to myself or a select few hear about them. Turns out what I had said was true, didn''t get many apologies, in fact I don''t think I got any apologies.

So I can understand it when people say they know something is happening but can''t say too much, and sometimes I think it''s best if people in the know say nowt.

A certain person at the football club told me Lambert will never go to Burnley. It was a non-starter from the start.

He will only move if a bigger club than Norwich comes in for him. I never worried at all about the speculation, however some of you must of been biting your fingernails down to the bone.

WAY, your right, i''d rather people just keep things to themselves and let the club announce something when their ready and havesomething to say.  When any deal is happening, there really is only a handful of people who will know anything remotely true.

I think the thing thats really got my back up is the complete lack of faith and trust in our board and management team.  I was genuinely shocked when i logged this evening at the nature and amount of the posts and threads on here.  So many people trying to jump on the bandwagon who consider themselves fans and all they''re doing is spouting rubbish.

I said last night, i''d be disappointed if he went, but if he wanted to go then he should.  Those were my feelings, but i never said i knew anyone in the club and i also said at lunchtime today and then later tonight my beleifs that he would stay.  The whole situatation and deal didn''t stack up, but i was prepared to trust what our club had told us.  It was Burnley who were putting all the pressure on and gobbing off and then it looks like half of Norwich shat itself because of this.

FAO THE IHROUD OF TURIN

Whats wrong with that?  Am i being fickle because i''m suggesting he should''ve released his statement 12 hours early?  It would have saved all those underpants around the Norwich area seeping in urine this afternoon.  Check on Jas''s thread from this afternoon and then my subsequent threads this evening, i''ve listed reasons why i thought he''d stay.

[quote user="Barclay Boy"][quote user="jed exodous"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Perhaps the "sources" were having the day off.

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="Barclay Boy"][quote user="jed exodous"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Perhaps the "sources" were having the day off.

[/quote]Maybe their ''Best Before'' date had expired lol

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

It''s not as easy to say what you know, and even if they said what they know would people believe them on here?

I have been there & got the t-shirt, the one piece I did happen to let slip on here I was branded a liar etc, got abusive mails, so now if I hear things I keep them to myself or a select few hear about them. Turns out what I had said was true, didn''t get many apologies, in fact I don''t think I got any apologies.

So I can understand it when people say they know something is happening but can''t say too much, and sometimes I think it''s best if people in the know say nowt.

[/quote]

LOL...

[quote user="jed exodous"]

[/quote]

To be fair, Sideshow Tim has come across as fairly informed in the past regarding happenings at Norwich (and I''m sure he''s been proven right in the past). Which is probably why we all cacked our collective pants when he started posting his rumours.

Well said jed, very reasoned post on a day of shame for so many on here

personally i avoided making any comment on here when i saw so many threads and all the reliable source quotes!! Only reliable source i know is heinz Ketchup!

What has happened at the club in the day in the last day or two we will probably never know. Personally I doubt whether PL got a better deal or a bigger budget out of it

But if you look at the black and white of it PL has always said he''s happy here. The club turn down Burnley''s approach. PL then reiterates the clubs statement and later on in the day personally adds that he is happy to stay.

Yet so many on here jump to so many conclusions from things they''ve heard/read that it beggers belief at times

[quote user="Canary Poirot"][quote user="jed exodous"]

[/quote] To be fair, Sideshow Tim has come across as fairly informed in the past regarding happenings at Norwich (and I''m sure he''s been proven right in the past). Which is probably why we all cacked our collective pants when he started posting his rumours.[/quote]

[Y]

I did apologise but i really do feel that i need to put the record straight over this.

For a start a am no attention seeker - i don''t post on here enough nowadays for that.

I am certainly not the only one that received this information yesterday evening and this is why the likes of BBC, Anglia News, Sky Sports and Radio Norfolk all took upon themselves in getting their arses down to Carrow Road. Also the bookies temporarily suspended all bets. Perhaps this all happened due to my post (I THINK NOT!!)

Yes, of course i wanted to be the first to let everybody know this information, nobody else that posts on this forum would be any different.

The source of yesterdays ''tip off'' is a highly respected ex NCFC player with close ties to the club, so i had no reason to disbelieve the info.

I will almost definately think twice now before posting any ''info'' in the future and i am embarrassed by the whole episode.

Can i just sign off to say that i am bloody delighted that i was wrong. Paul Lambert is pivotal in our future and i am so proud at the moment to be an NCFC fan.

I''m gonna keep a bit of a low profile for a while.

Tim

ON THE BALL CITY

[quote user="First Wizard"]A few of us never doubted.[/quote]

But the majority of us were still worried [:)]

Reading this thread has left me baffled...how can something be a non-starter from the start

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]A few of us never doubted.[/quote]

But the majority of us were still worried [:)]

[/quote]

Not going to the game today angel? If not, it should be fun on Canary Call. Neil Adams will have a real challenge trying to find a caller who wants to talk about the game. [:D] 

just a message for Tim, now i haven''t seen what your post was (there was too many on here to read so i gave up.)

But by the sound of it you just mentioned what you had heard. Now if you are getting stick/grief over this that''s a shame. After all we''re all City fans and no doubt you just wanted to pass on what you had.

So chin up and i for one have no wish for you not to post on here because of what anyone else has said about your comments

otbc

Good post  Well done for postingDespite some negative posts about information it is what message boards thrive on.  Bits of information here and bits of information there.Rarely is there smoke without fire.  I understood there to be more in it than has come out.  It took a long time to get the story straight imoFor my penny''s worth I dont believe we are out of the woods yet.  Doubt Burnley will be back but there are others circling for that I am sure. Its that time of year

Tim, i''ve just read your opening post again to your thread about Lambert going.  You weren''t the only one posting rubbish, but your name stood out in my head and had created a large amount of hysteria.  I''ve also read your sorry thread, theres not a lot else you can do or say, but i think yourself and a few others have learnt a lesson after yesterday.  I dont wanna sound like judge and jury, i was just so frustrated and shocked when i read the BS that was posted by people who claim to be in the know.  I''ve no hard feelings towards you, i will just take any future threads you start with a pinch of salt, the same as most threads on here.  Until something is confirmed on Canaries.co.uk, thats when i''ll beleive it for sure.  However i''d love to know who this ex player was, Andy Marshall perhaps?  Whoever it was, if they are closely connected to the club or even employed by the club, they should learn to keep their mouth shut.

On the subject of posters posting rumours, i''d rather people didn''t bother.  Theres just no point.  Mcnally has said, and previous board members and managers have said also, when theres something to report, they will.