Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

Leeds

just watching the arsenal  v leeds game and noticed how they said leeds were the big team in league 1 last season. It pissed me off at first then thought there have been people on here complaining about how leeds get all the attention still after we beat them to the title last year and we are ahead of them this year. Then thought about the press coverage we got over this lambert situation and it had so many people skitting out.  My point is there is no point worrying about the press coverage leeds get because look at what it does to us when we do get it and the effect it had on leeds last season in the second half, i would be happier the longer it goes with us getting second rate coverage to leeds, or any other team at the moment

i''d much rather Leeds or anyone else gets all the press coverage, then we just keep ticking along in the background like we have the last season and a half.

Less coverage = less pressure

Totally agree with s10_yellow. Who cares who is the "bigger" side in terms of fame and history, it''s all about the now and who was the BEST team in 2010, the table didn''t lie... and who is the better side now in 2011... again... the table does not lie :) Let them have all the media attention and we''ll carry on picking up points

[quote user="Nolly"]i''d much rather Leeds or anyone else gets all the press coverage, then we just keep ticking along in the background like we have the last season and a half. Less coverage = less pressure[/quote]

Couldn''t have said it better. I think PL prefers this approach too..just keep playing well and breed confidence into the team without being too ''loud'' or getting too much attention.

They''ve just taken the lead at the Arsenal, let''s hope it has the same effect on their league form as their run in the cup last year!

[quote user="shefcanary"]They''ve just taken the lead at the Arsenal, let''s hope it has the same effect on their league form as their run in the cup last year!
[/quote]

They never learn do they. I just hope that we are not as stupid as them to get carried away with a cup run and ruin promotion chances.  

You would hope that a cup run would stretch their team and they''d pick up suspensions and injuries along the way, plus it would distract them from the league like last year..we''ll see! They''ve got to survive the Gooner onslaught yet..

Arsenal equalise, Hughes on, another game to come for them to wear them out, especially if Bendtner continues to miss chances like he just has.

[quote user="shefcanary"]Arsenal equalise, Hughes on, another game to come for them to wear them out, especially if Bendtner continues to miss chances like he just has.[/quote]best result, is bruce injured? only saw first half

[quote user=""]bendtner has got to be one of the worst players i have ever seen.[/quote]

[Y]Gooners must tear their hair out watching him! Cureton?

[quote user="Lincs CR"]Totally agree with s10_yellow. Who cares who is the "bigger" side in terms of fame and history, it''s all about the now and who was the BEST team in 2010, the table didn''t lie... and who is the better side now in 2011... again... the table does not lie :) Let them have all the media attention and we''ll carry on picking up points[/quote]The seasons not over yet buddy boy :-p. Our defence was atrociously shocking at times early on, but we can score like it''s going out of fashion, unpredictable is not the word. Our defence has let us down the most which is why we''ve dropped like 6 points recently, we should be second, but hopefully now our defence will do what it can do like at Arsenal today and stop the flood gates from opening like before.The media attention is normal for Leeds, it''s not really a good thing, nor is it bad. It''s only bad when it starts to create pressure but I don''t think it''s doing that. The attention is good at the mo, even more so after that result today. But it could all go tits up if we manage to beat Arsenal and we have a repeat of last years comical end to the season [:|]

It does look as if history is repeating itself though with Leeds having a long arduous Cup run and thus virtually screwing up their promotion prospects. Time will tell, and I hope so..... LOL

[quote user="paul moy"]

It does look as if history is repeating itself though with Leeds having a long arduous Cup run and thus virtually screwing up their promotion prospects. Time will tell, and I hope so..... LOL

[/quote]

Well we''ll see lol. I would love to beat

Arsenal, it''s nigh on a par with wanting to beat Man scUm last season,

not quite up there but very close. Nothing gives me more pleasure than

beating those top teams in the Premier and shutting their arrogant fans

up.Honestly can''t see us beating them at home though, no massive

loss if we don''t. At least then we can fully concentrate on the league

then.

[quote user="Resident Leeds Fan Jonny"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

Well we''ll see lol. I would love to beat

Arsenal, it''s nigh on a par with wanting to beat Man scUm last season,

not quite up there but very close. Nothing gives me more pleasure than

beating those top teams in the Premier and shutting their arrogant fans

up.
Honestly can''t see us beating them at home though, no massive

loss if we don''t. At least then we can fully concentrate on the league

then.[/quote]For a moment there I thought we had a Leeds fan calling other fans arrogant.........................

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"]Funny that, I thought they did get promoted last season. That cup run and all the extra cash it generated must have really screwed them up.[/quote]

That''s why I used the word ''virtually'' in the phrase because they almost did lose out on promotion due to the cup run. You may not know or remember, but in the early seventies Leeds missed out on many trophies purely by not concentrating on one trophy, but trying to win everything. Surely we do not want to miss out on the Prem because of a cup run.

I know many Leeds fans are absolute c*cks and deserve a good slapping, but I don''t know why people on here refuse to show them any congratulations for their achievements, today or over the past two seasons.

They just drew with Arsenal, a fantastic result and nearly beat a side who have been on fire this season in their own back yard, this is after beating Man Utd at Old Trafford last year, and gaining promotion from League One.

I''m very suprised Simon Grayson hasn''t been linked with other teams, he has done a fine job at a club which looked dead and buried. Their squad is not better than ours but they too are fighting for the top 2 places.

They are a much bigger club than us with a bigger fanbase and a richer history...so why do people think we will get the same media coverage as them?