Sign in to follow this  
Bill

U18s beat the binners

In a rearranged match this morning the City lads beat the ''binlets'' 2-1. Both teams games had been called off, hence the game at Colney this morning

City were top at one stage - you can check out the current table here

http://www.premierleague.com/page/YouthATable

Was at the game and although the pitch and the wind played a huge contribution towards the quality of play, Norwich were by far the better team and never looked as though they were going to lose the game.

The game was split into three 30min periods and Norwich started with what would have been their stronger team. Not sure for Ipswich, but I did recognise most of them being U 18.

After some scrappy play, Norwich began to pass the ball better and scored through Jack Werndly, who was making his first appearance since breaking his collarbone in the match against Portsmouth last year.

The he made a neat run onto a through ball from the midfield and slid the ball past the oncoming Ipswich keeper and into the bottom right corner.

Second goal came from Jamar loza. Header from cross into corner and taken very well.

The last period saw lots of changes from Norwich and U 16''s given a run out. They played well, but Ipswich pulled a goal back to make the final score 2-1 to Norwich.

Looking forward to the FA Youth Cup next Friday against Fulham at Craven Cottage...with striker Werndly back scoring and winning ways again...should see them progressing through to the next round!

Thanks for the report Follower it can be a bit difficult at times keeping up with the U18''s.

They are going great guns at the moment and I think it would help if the Pinkun or helpful folk such as yourself were able to keep us up to date.

It is also a measure of how well the club is doing overall that we are now getting youth players coming through once again - on ability not necessity.

This Jack Werndley sounds like a very talented youngster, always seems impressive in match reports I read. Do you think any of them are ready for the step up yet, academy follow, or even for the future?

Snakepit Canary

The youth team have 3 or 4 that I think have enough about them to make it in the first team. Ball, Steer, Dawkin and Werndly. That said, when will they get a chance is another question especially with the potential of the Premiership!

I agree, good to see the Academy pushing good players through. The manager seems to have that winning mentality as well as developing players. Something the likes of Arsenal and others dont and I am sure when they develop as players this is what separates the men from the boys.

I will try and get a report back this weekend following the FA Youth cup match.