Sign in to follow this  
NCfC Till I Die

Townsend?

[quote user="NCfC Till I Die "]get him on loan till end of the season?[/quote]

If he plays as well as he talks these days, he''ll make a decent signing as he will be brilliant.Unfortuantely he only seems to recall playing for Chelsea so considers Norwich below him.

[quote user="NCfC Till I Die "]get him on loan till end of the season?[/quote]

On what do you base signing him on?

Watching the highlights and seeing him score one goal

He was highly rated by the Ipswich fans, and no one could deny that he is talented. Unfortunately for Townsend though, and much to the displeasure of Ipswich fans, Roy Keane mainly sets out his side in defensive formations, with a combative midfield across the width of the pitch, and as such, Townsend didn''t fit the bill.I''d be interested if we were interested.Anyway, i do quite enjoy former Ipswich players jumping over this side of the border, only if they''re decent mind you. Just goes to show how much of an impression Ipswich and their gritty little hole had on them.

He played for us on loan last season, quality winger, scored our goal of the season against Yeovil, he literally dribbled from our own penalty area past the entire Yeovil team before smashing it into the bottom corner, get him in I say.

[quote user="Slade"]He played for us on loan last season, quality winger, scored our goal of the season against Yeovil, he literally dribbled from our own penalty area past the entire Yeovil team before smashing it into the bottom corner, get him in I say.[/quote]Ipswich fans are similarly bigging him up on the 606 boards, deemed by some as the best left winger they''ve had for years, in spite how little he appeared for them (though who is Roy Keane to provide an assessment any one can rely on?).I''d be happy to here that we''ve gone in for him, certainly.

do we need another left winger with Surman returning soon though? Surely a loan extension for Lansbury will be more preferable?