Sign in to follow this  
Barclay Trucker

Atmosphere and Stewards

Poor game toay i know, but that atmosphere was very shocking, thought the fans would of been up for this today, and would of sung ther hearts out.

I hink i heard one chant for Lambert, which was acknowledged straight away by the man himself.

Yes i know we lost, but had the fans been more vocal from the start we may of got a result.

As for the stewards, i got realy P**S*D off today with every 2 mins being told to sit down.

In general, yes im quite knarked were out the cup, but hey it happens every year.... lets just hope they come out all guns blazing next saturday...

The atmosphere was shocking today, with Orient having 2k fans there I thought our lot would rise to the occasion and at least make some effort to get behind the team but sadly it didn''t happen.

Sat in the snake pit today as a one off. whatever is the deal with the old grey haired steward in there.what a K**b Looks at everyone in such an intimadating manner.Somebody from the club needs to have a word.

[quote user="Barclay Block E Trucker"]Poor game toay i know, but that atmosphere was very shocking, thought the fans would of been up for this today, and would of sung ther hearts out.

I hink i heard one chant for Lambert, which was acknowledged straight away by the man himself.

Yes i know we lost, but had the fans been more vocal from the start we may of got a result.

As for the stewards, i got realy P**S*D off today with every 2 mins being told to sit down.

In general, yes im quite knarked were out the cup, but hey it happens every year.... lets just hope they come out all guns blazing next saturday...[/quote]

To be fair if you were standing up every 2 mins what do you expect? And what were you standing up for anyway, there was zero exciting moments from our point of view.

coz sat in the Barclay Block E, thats what alot of people like to do is stand...., sees to create more of a feel for the game...

another reason would be to keep warm on a rather cold and windy day!!!

Just realised that sounds horrifically rude! I''m cleary referring to the thread I made about people that don''t often come to Carrow Road after the Newcastle friendly...

Just thought I would point out in quite a condescending way that you could actually try sitting down when asked.

The stewards for the record are not been jobsworths, they are simply doing what the LAW asks of them. I felt really sorry for the poor sod who kept walking up and down only to be constantly ignored. And it seems the people who were doing the ignoring were horrible geeky little pillocks who seemed to be enjoying there only life opportunity to ''put it to the man!!''. To say it was pathetic is an understatement.

I normally sit in the upper barclay but thought I would relocate for a game to experience some atmosphere. Unfortunately the game was rubbish so the crowd didnt get going. But the poxy little berks who refused to sit down when asked were starting to irritate me. And as for the 12 year old thrown out, more like 19 and good job. Perhaps if they did that to a few more of you standing morons, and actually dished out the odd ban then perhaps some of you would think twice. Not like the club wouldnt be able to sell the tickets is it.

Hang on a min Carlos, If there was some consistency in what the stewards try and do, maybe a few would listen, but for leeds,ipswich,qpr and a few others i cant remember, the stewards let us all stand for 90 mins pretty much.... thats what my gripe is about... it seems the lower teams that come to Carrow road, the stewards want to try and make an impression.

I had a conversation with one yesterday regarding this and his views were the same as us fans.... why cant we stand!!! you go to a concert anywhere and you get thousands standing and pushing... so whats the diference...

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]Just thought I would point out in quite a condescending way that you could actually try sitting down when asked. The stewards for the record are not been jobsworths, they are simply doing what the LAW asks of them. I felt really sorry for the poor sod who kept walking up and down only to be constantly ignored. And it seems the people who were doing the ignoring were horrible geeky little pillocks who seemed to be enjoying there only life opportunity to ''put it to the man!!''. To say it was pathetic is an understatement. I normally sit in the upper barclay but thought I would relocate for a game to experience some atmosphere. Unfortunately the game was rubbish so the crowd didnt get going. But the poxy little berks who refused to sit down when asked were starting to irritate me. And as for the 12 year old thrown out, more like 19 and good job. Perhaps if they did that to a few more of you standing morons, and actually dished out the odd ban then perhaps some of you would think twice. Not like the club wouldnt be able to sell the tickets is it.[/quote]

Listen here YOU MORON, if you dont want to stand i suggest you crawl back to the upper Barclay. Have you ever heard the saying "when in Rome, do as the Romans do"

[quote user="Albinozak"]

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]Just thought I would point out in quite a condescending way that you could actually try sitting down when asked. The stewards for the record are not been jobsworths, they are simply doing what the LAW asks of them. I felt really sorry for the poor sod who kept walking up and down only to be constantly ignored. And it seems the people who were doing the ignoring were horrible geeky little pillocks who seemed to be enjoying there only life opportunity to ''put it to the man!!''. To say it was pathetic is an understatement. I normally sit in the upper barclay but thought I would relocate for a game to experience some atmosphere. Unfortunately the game was rubbish so the crowd didnt get going. But the poxy little berks who refused to sit down when asked were starting to irritate me. And as for the 12 year old thrown out, more like 19 and good job. Perhaps if they did that to a few more of you standing morons, and actually dished out the odd ban then perhaps some of you would think twice. Not like the club wouldnt be able to sell the tickets is it.[/quote]

Listen here YOU MORON, if you dont want to stand i suggest you crawl back to the upper Barclay. Have you ever heard the saying "when in Rome, do as the Romans do"

[/quote]

LOL

i know who you mean i sit in the snakepit too, he is always staring at people like they are doing something wrong and gets in the way constancy, i have thought about writing letters to the club but in all theory what difference would it make

look at all the prats on here moaning about standing. no wonder there was no atmosphere when you fools are in the lb. stay in the jarrold in future you boring tarts.

Add police to the list

Was sitting in the Jarrold yesterday a little bit nearer to the away fans.When orient scored one of them got a bit carried away and came right over to us and a few hand signals exchanged(if you get my meaning) Then he proceded to call my 12 yr old a c**t to which i wasn''t best chuffed !! Well a few minutes past and i kept having a look over until to my complete surprise a copper came over to me and told me to look at the game and not the orient fans. I told him what had gone on and he basically told me to shut up or go Thanks alot !!!

A bit long winded i know sorry

[quote user="iwansnorwich"]look at all the prats on here moaning about standing. no wonder there was no atmosphere when you fools are in the lb. stay in the jarrold in future you boring tarts.[/quote]

I will make noise and get involved with the best of them. Just dont see why you need to stand for the full 90. Really thoiugh my rant is not about the standing, its more in defence of the poor stewards who are driven to frustration asking people to site down.

For what its worth I think all seater stadiums have killed british football. Nearly all my favourite games were viewed from the old Barclay, standing in there was fantastic. The reason most of you stand is that the hardcore who used to stand refused to sit in the new stand. I sincerely doubt that many of the standers are even old enough to know why they are refusing to sit down.

I believe the club normally use these cup games where there won''t be many regulars in their normal seats to show they are proactively enforcing the rules under FA assesment (or whoever that does it).

As already stated, it''s the inconsistency that''s the problem.Leeds and Ipswich I stood for the entire game in the Lower Barclay. Stood for the entire game at Millwall away last season. Stood for much of Charlton away last season.Generally mix between sitting and standing the rest of the time.Would imagine there''ll be lots of standing this Saturday too.