Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Can Dion save Late Kick Off?

Great signing by Mr Piper - lets see if putting him alongside Holland can rescue what, by and large, was a shockingly bad programme last time!

[quote user="a1canary"]Great signing by Mr Piper - lets see if putting him alongside Holland can rescue what, by and large, was a shockingly bad programme last time!
[/quote]

I think getting Dion in is a good shout. He is articulate and very comfortable in front of the camera whenever I have seen him on sky. Might help to get Matty Holland to relax a bit as he seemed a bit wooden and nervous last year.

I think giving the show such a late time slot is such a shame though. It could have a lot of potential as there are so many talking points around at the moment. Like the Stevenage/Newcastle cup tie, the Paul Lambert to Burnley saga and Roy Keane getting sacked as Ipswich manager to name but a few.

Agree DD should be a good watch,i hope pinocchio does better than he did last year,attimes it was hard to watch,when does it start again? 

Dion''s a natural in front of the camera and, as previously said, may help Matt Holland being so wooden. MH was a bit more relaxed when I saw him on tv earlier on this season but he has a long way to go to become comfortable in front of the cameras. Once he gets that bit sorted, I think he may become a good presenter as he is knowledgable and, although biased in his support for Ipswich, can also offer fair-minded opinions for other teams, making pertinent observations.When does it begin? Not seen it scheduled yet.

When i have seen Matt Holland (only once or twice) he looks really nervous, and doesn''t seem to want to be there, might be better on Radio. But Dion as already said is a natural.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands "]When does it begin? Not seen it scheduled yet.[/quote]BBC1 11.10pm Monday, 17 January.Just in time for the new season....

We all know Jake Humphrey should blatantly host the show!

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Woman in the Stands "]

When does it begin? Not seen it scheduled yet.
[/quote]

11.10pm Monday, 17 January.

Just in time for the new season....
[/quote]

Cheers Pete[:D]

I agree wits - i think Holland has the makings of a decent presenter despite his past! He needs time but i''ll never forget how truly awful Lineker was when he first appeared on our screens. Holland isn''t that bad even now.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="AJ"]We all know Jake Humphrey should blatantly host the show![/quote]He''ll be in trouble if he does.........he''s contracted to the BBC !![/quote]Gone are the days of ITV Soccer Night... Late Kick Off is BBC! As for Humphrey - would be nice but he has bigger fish to fry.