Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

season ticket holders who didn't go today

The reasons I didn''t go are four fold....

Firstly, I had work to get done. Secondly, I thought £15 was a tad pricey. Thirdly, we are notoriously bad in the cup. Fourth, I am going to Leeds and Burnley away in the next few weeks.

Put the four together and I think it was a good choice not to go, which was more than justified in the dross that was served up.

exiled season ticket holder here. 300 mile round trip. If i lived in norwich i would have been there however due to only being able to get to 2/3 games a month i felt i would leave this one out and get to cardiff at homme then do sheff utd away which is a stones throw from me.Anything wrong with that? Question for the original poster then were you at middlesbrough? will you be at sheff utd, burnley? because i will be. Think alot of us exiled fans do well considering the way of the world at the minute.

I pay for my season ticket, and when I''m at university in Nottingham I have to pay travel, I also get too as many away games as I can, so don''t judge just because some of us didn''t go yesterday; besides, like many on this forum, as much as I hate to say it, with the position we are in I would rather we concentrate soley on the league and did not have a cup run

Like others, we moved to the Jarrold Stand from the Barclay just for this game.

I will think carefully before doing that again! We had three or four behind us talking such twaddle. Until yesterday, in my ignorance, I didn''t think those sort still existed. I couldn''t/wouldn''t put up with that every home game.

In my usual seat I am surrounded by brilliant knowledgeable people who have been there for many years. Come to think of it, I''m the annoying one there!!!

Congratulations on the most pathetic post in the history of Pinkun.

I''m a season ticket holder and went, but for those who didn''t The result totally justified why! Rubbish game rubbish result.

And who are you to judge who goes and who doesn''t?

Yes, some 200 miles beneath me. Having travelled approximately 1000miles over the Christmas period visiting family and traveling to football I fancied a weekend off. Due to being unwell my other half also drives me to football at the moment (3-4 hour journey each way) so I let him have a weekend off too.

OP Is that OK with you? I''m also really really sorry that I don''t make many mid-week games either. I must be a bad supporter.

[quote user="im spartacus"]do you consider orient in the 3rd round of the FA cup somewhat  beneath you ?[/quote]I thought everyone knew it was obvious that season ticket holders are basically fairweather happy clappers.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Like others, we moved to the Jarrold Stand from the Barclay just for this game.

I will think carefully before doing that again! We had three or four behind us talking such twaddle. Until yesterday, in my ignorance, I didn''t think those sort still existed. I couldn''t/wouldn''t put up with that every home game.

In my usual seat I am surrounded by brilliant knowledgeable people who have been there for many years. Come to think of it, I''m the annoying one there!!![/quote]I couldn''t go yesterday but the bloke who sits next to me in the Jarrold,who was there, said that there were a lot of unfamiliar faces around him yesterday. He said the atmosphere was a bit strange.Come to think of it he was probably he was probably missing all the brilliant knowledgeable people who normally surround him too...( lol )

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="im spartacus"]do you consider orient in the 3rd round of the FA cup somewhat  beneath you ?[/quote]

I thought everyone knew it was obvious that season ticket holders are basically fairweather happy clappers.
[/quote]

....and glory hunters!

[quote user="morty"]

I am indeed currently off the coast of Africa, but the fact I didn''t bother making the trip of several thousand miles for a cup game clearly makes me less of a fan.

[;)]

[/quote]

---

---

---

Morty, I really am surprised at your lack of commitment. Being on a ship a few thousand miles from Norfolk is no excuse. On Friday morning I was aboard a space station orbiting a planet whose identity I cannot reveal for obvious security reasons. But I hired the Nasa shuttle back to Cape Canaveral. Then private jet to Norwich International Airport. Followed by a stretch limousine to Carrow Road. Ninety minutes football. Then the return trip. It cost me the gross domestic product of Panama and I had to sell my entire family into slavery but a small price to pay.

I''m a season ticket holder.....and I''ve renewed for next season.....so there.

I was there yesterday sitting in a different seat at Carra....I''m a proper loyal and true fan me, and Orient deserved their victory.

Anyone that didn''t go isn''t a proper and true fan like me....FACT!

Incidentally, how many who didn''t attend yesterday, paid to attend the pre-season non-event games at Carra - but snubbed an FA cup game that was cheaper to attend than those non-event friendly games? If we had won yesterday, and drawn one of the top Prem sides at Carra - I bet those non-attending excuses for proper loyal and true fans, would adjust their work rota, find the cash to pay for travel costs and ensure that they got their season ticket seat to watch the non-event 4th round FA Cup game......against a top Premiership side....Fickle, or what?   

[quote user="im spartacus"]do you consider orient in the 3rd round of the FA cup somewhat  beneath you ?[/quote]No I consider a family funeral far more important

[quote user="im spartacus"]do you consider orient in the 3rd round of the FA cup somewhat  beneath you ?[/quote]When the club starts caring about the FA Cup again, then I might go.It was obvious that we would field a weakened team today. I understand Lambert''s reasons for doing so, and think he''s probably right, but it''s a huge shame that we don''t feel that we can keep up the fight for promotion and have a go at a cup run.Personally I want to see a proper football match for my money, which is why I never go to pre-season friendlies - once you leave out your two most important players in Crofts and Holt then you are sending out a very big message that you are not taking the game seriously, whatever Lambert might have said to motivate the players.Had we been playing Droylsden I would have gone for the novelty value of us playing a non-league side, but I really couldn''t see the attraction of watching a below-strength, demotivated City playing a team that we saw at Carrow Road last season. And I''m pretty happy with that decision today.Sue me.

we normally sit in the snake pit, but decided to move as we wanted a better view without stewards popping there heads out every couple of second so... we sat in the jarrold big big mistake no one sang the kick it off song won''t ever be sitting it there again

I dont really see why I need to justify myself to you. I have paid for my season ticket, I could have gone yesterday but for £15 plus train journey I didnt really fancy it. New xbox had arrived (although it doesnt bloody work) Arsenal Leeds was on the tele and it was quite cosy in the house really. I went to the Gillingham League Cup game does that make me ok though?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I was there yesterday sitting in a different seat at Carra....I''m a proper loyal and true fan me, and Orient deserved their victory.

Incidentally, how many who didn''t attend yesterday, paid to attend the pre-season non-event games at Carra - but snubbed an FA cup game that was cheaper to attend than those non-event friendly games? If we had won yesterday, and drawn one of the top Prem sides at Carra - I bet those non-attending excuses for proper loyal and true fans, would adjust their work rota, find the cash to pay for travel costs and ensure that they got their season ticket seat to watch the non-event 4th round FA Cup game......against a top Premiership side....Fickle, or what?   

[/quote]Mello - Despite the astronomic increase in fees the Cathedral Rest Home you must be looking forward to those lovely plasma jobbies and that oh-so-comfy padded seat on which to rest those creaking bones then ?It''s good to have a rant and rave on here but we all know we''re going to cave in in the end.He''s a shrewd b*gger that Mr McNally.........( lol )

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Mello - Despite the astronomic increase in fees the Cathedral Rest Home you must be looking forward to those lovely plasma jobbies and that oh-so-comfy padded seat on which to rest those creaking bones then ?

It''s good to have a rant and rave on here but we all know we''re going to cave in in the end.

He''s a shrewd b*gger that Mr McNally.........( lol )
[/quote]

I only renewed because I am a proper loyal and true fan.....

.....and I''ve stopped giving the kids pocket money to pay for the renewal....but, they understand.....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]Mello - Despite the astronomic increase in fees the Cathedral Rest Home you must be looking forward to those lovely plasma jobbies and that oh-so-comfy padded seat on which to rest those creaking bones then ?It''s good to have a rant and rave on here but we all know we''re going to cave in in the end.He''s a shrewd b*gger that Mr McNally.........( lol )[/quote]

I only renewed because I am a proper loyal and true fan.....

.....and I''ve stopped giving the kids pocket money to pay for the renewal....but, they understand.....

[/quote]I''ve also renewed because I think I am a proper loyal and true fan. Any rumours suggesting that I''m a tight-a*se who didn''t want to pay the extra VAT are entirely spot-on too!Sadly, I cannot be because I failed to attend the Orient game in which case I must claim first brick in the new money making wheeze '' McNally''s Wall of Shame '' which I believe will be making an appearance round the back of the Jarrold any time soon.( when the NSPCC carry out their imminent dawn raid best have a good story ready by the way )

I don''t think its an unreasonable question to ask maybe to suggest it is beneath people made him look like a bit of a tool but i find it hard to see how people can sit at home when there is a game on and before people start i have a 160 mile rond trip to games i don''t see why you wouldnt want to go jujst because its a cup game, never mind thats just my opinon and thats what this board is all about everyones own opinion

I went to the game with my son and father,usually sit in the upper Barclay> I spent 30 quid on tickets and then food and travel to the match.The game was dire and i got cold too boot!!!............i wont ever sit in the Jarrold aain its dead and no atmosphere..............so does this make more loyal? No of course not! its up too the individual and the circumstances

I bought 3 tickets and took my 5 year old for the first time. Not exactly a game to remember was it? I''m not going to hurry back to a future Cup game if that''s what is served up...

Well I''m obviously the biggest and best Norwich fan because I bought my ticket and didn''t leave early either so [:P]

Oh apart from the 2100 in the corner near the hotel cause they did the same as me [:(]

[quote user="sipsip"] I don''t think its an unreasonable question to ask maybe to suggest it is beneath people made him look like a bit of a tool but i find it hard to see how people can sit at home when there is a game on and before people start i have a 160 mile rond trip to games i don''t see why you wouldnt want to go jujst because its a cup game, never mind thats just my opinon and thats what this board is all about everyones own opinion
[/quote]

Nothing to do with a cup game or not. Fact is I pay for my season ticket and the cup games are not included, if they were I may well have gone. It was the cost for me (Fuel + Ticket cost), not cheap especially just after christmas.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="im spartacus"]do you consider orient in the 3rd round of the FA cup somewhat  beneath you ?[/quote]

I thought everyone knew it was obvious that season ticket holders are basically fairweather happy clappers.
[/quote]

Words fail me..