Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

season ticket holders who didn't go today

[quote user="Barclay Boy"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="im spartacus"]do you consider orient in the 3rd round of the FA cup somewhat  beneath you ?[/quote]I thought everyone knew it was obvious that season ticket holders are basically fairweather happy clappers.[/quote]

Words fail me..

[/quote]I wouldn''t be surprised if Mister Chops is now thinking exactly the same thing........

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"]

I am indeed currently off the coast of Africa, but the fact I didn''t bother making the trip of several thousand miles for a cup game clearly makes me less of a fan.

[;)]

[/quote]

---

---

---

Morty, I really am surprised at your lack of commitment. Being on a ship a few thousand miles from Norfolk is no excuse. On Friday morning I was aboard a space station orbiting a planet whose identity I cannot reveal for obvious security reasons. But I hired the Nasa shuttle back to Cape Canaveral. Then private jet to Norwich International Airport. Followed by a stretch limousine to Carrow Road. Ninety minutes football. Then the return trip. It cost me the gross domestic product of Panama and I had to sell my entire family into slavery but a small price to pay.

[/quote]

PC, there was no need for you to go into so much detail to show your commitment to Norwich. Following the latest trend you could have just said, "I''m happy with what they said in their statements." [:D]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="im spartacus"]do you consider orient in the 3rd round of the FA cup somewhat  beneath you ?[/quote]I thought everyone knew it was obvious that season ticket holders are basically fairweather happy clappers.[/quote]

Words fail me..

[/quote]I love the smell of a failed irony detector in the morning.

[quote user="Snakepit Lass"]we normally sit in the snake pit, but decided to move as we wanted a better view without stewards popping there heads out every couple of second so... we sat in the jarrold big big mistake no one sang the kick it off song won''t ever be sitting it there again[/quote]

I normally sit in the jarrold (k, row B), but thought I''d try some of the legendary atmosphere near the snakepit (Barclay A), making the bad call that given the Lambert fiasco it would be a good day.

Found it to be no better, then realised its probably always like that for matches when many seasons are sold to casuals, however, I couldn''t see much up the river end of the pitch, so decided I''ll keep my view in the jarrold for now.

Point being, you can''t compare anything else except the view on a match like that.

As a serious answer to the original question no I don''t consider the FA Cup beneath me. FA Cup 3rd round day is usually one of my favourite weekends of the year.

Having said that this year I am not bothered at all about the fact we have gone out as I think the league is a bigger picture. Consequently, i was expecting us to put out a weakened team. But more than anything else the reason I didn''t go is that i live in London, I spend a lot of weekends travelling back to Norwich for home games or to away games wherever they may be (this year have cut back a bit but for the last few years only missed 3 or 4 games a season). In essence, every game is an away game for me and involves being away from home for most of the day. Given that i went to both the home games over Christmas and will be up for the Cardiff game next weekend, along with the fact that it was hardly a very attractive tie I decided to give the game a miss on Saturday and have a weekend at home with the other half. If I still lived in Norwich i would have gone. I hope thats alright with you?

Another of my mates with a season ticket wasn''t there as he is currently living in China. I trust that is also an acceptable excuse?

Sorry Ladies and Gents, but I am a season ticket holder and have been for many many years, I was very dissapointed at the poor turn out on Saturday, I am even more dissapointed at the string of excuses from fellow seaon ticket holders as to why they did not attend and support the team on Saturday!

[quote user="canarygirl"]Sorry Ladies and Gents, but I am a season ticket holder and have been for many many years, I was very dissapointed at the poor turn out on Saturday, I am even more dissapointed at the string of excuses from fellow seaon ticket holders as to why they did not attend and support the team on Saturday![/quote]

I was always tought not to return to a firework once the blue touchpaper had been lit.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="im spartacus"]do you consider orient in the 3rd round of the FA cup somewhat  beneath you ?[/quote]

I thought everyone knew it was obvious that season ticket holders are basically fairweather happy clappers.
[/quote]

Words fail me..

[/quote]

...Hook, line & sinker...

I suppose this supporter considers the excitement of a promotion push beneth him/her? http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2387888/ShowPost.aspx Never mind the fact that they must have a perfectly reasonable excuse?

Who are you to question who can afford to spend £15 to watch a game which has no importance when some of us have already spent nearly £400.

[quote user="canarygirl"]Sorry Ladies and Gents, but I am a season ticket holder and have been for many many years, I was very dissapointed at the poor turn out on Saturday, I am even more dissapointed at the string of excuses from fellow seaon ticket holders as to why they did not attend and support the team on Saturday![/quote]

I agree.

I am certain that if it had been against a prem club or Ipswich we would have topped the 25,000 as usual. There will no doubt be genuine reasons for being unable to attend but the only reason I can see why we had 7,000 less than normal is that the vaste majority of those who "would have gone" decided that it wasn''t worth the money to watch us against Orient.

Well done i''m spartacus for putting a cat among the canaries and ruffling a few feathers.

And they were right, weren''t they!? It wasn''t worth the money.

But not simply because of the opposition. As I said above, I didn''t go because I suspected that PL would not be taking the game seriously.

I bought a season ticket to watch 23 games against League One opposition last season, as I suspect many of the stay-aways did. But fifteen quid to watch a glorified training session wasn''t worth it for me.

Paid £750 for 3 season tickets already which in these recession hit times represents a major financial outlay for me and I have to draw the line somewhere.

Is that a good enough excuse for you? If not you could always pay for myself and my sons tickets next time and I''ll gladly sit and watch knowing I''ll still have enough money to pay my bills!

Plenty of people giving plenty of reasons. I am not really bothered about any of the reasons. We will never know for certain but for discussion purposes on this thread I am still certain in my mind that had we been playing Ipswich, a prem team or even Leeds in the same round we would have got our normal attendance. This I believe says something about why we were 25% down on attendance today. And to be fair Orient helped our numbers out a bit Saturday. 

I''m not a season ticket holder. I also didn''t go to the game.

Therefore I must be a bad fan in your eyes.

Good job I only care enough to write these three lines.

Davo

[quote user="Things are looking up "]Paid £750 for 3 season tickets already which in these recession hit times represents a major financial outlay for me and I have to draw the line somewhere.

Is that a good enough excuse for you? If not you could always pay for myself and my sons tickets next time and I''ll gladly sit and watch knowing I''ll still have enough money to pay my bills![/quote]

From what you say young man things are clearly not looking up for you, I am sorry.

[quote user="canarygirl"]Sorry Ladies and Gents, but I am a season ticket holder and have been for many many years, I was very dissapointed at the poor turn out on Saturday, I am even more dissapointed at the string of excuses from fellow seaon ticket holders as to why they did not attend and support the team on Saturday![/quote]I suspect you''re on a wind-up but I''ll humour you.Our attendance was 18,087.  Over 2,000 were Orient fans granted but shall we have a quick look at some of the other crowds?Blackburn - 10,284Bolton - 13,120Bristol City - 11,378Burnley - 9,442Coventry - 8,162Doncaster - 8,616Fulham - 15,936Hull - 10,433Millwall - 9,841Preston - 9,636Reading - 13,005Sheffield United - 16,888Sunderland - 17,582Swansea - 7,005Watford - 8,950All these teams are in our league or above, some with considerably better-looking ties than ours, some similar and a couple slightly worse.  But we beat them all and was only about 600 less than Stoke''s attendance too.  I''m sure the likes of Coventry, Watford, Swansea, Blackburn and Bolton would have killed for a crowd like ours.I''m afraid this is another case of some fans taking our amazing support for granted - 18,000 for an FA Cup game against a run-of-the-mill League One side?  For most clubs this would be a great achievement but for us?  ''Tut tut... look at our fairweather supporters staying away".  Good grief, we''ve turned out in impressive numbers home and away, league and cup, for God knows how long now so I think it''s insulting to question anybody''s support of our club.  And yes, I did go, like I have for every single home game for over nine years - but I live, at most, 15 minutes walk from the ground, it''s no trouble for me and I hate the thought of not being at Carrow Road when a game''s on.  However I''m not going to claim some sort of mythical moral high ground just because I turned up to watch a fairly uninspiring game of football.See you at Sheffield United and Crystal Palace...?

maybe the season ticket holders were taking this match as seriously as the players did? Half of them didn''t turn up either!

as for reasons for not going i decided not to shell out another £50+ for match tickets and travel and spend the day with my family especially and use the money towards my sheff utd tickets and travel instead.

i''ve shelled out loads for  season tickets for myself and sons and tickets for many away games etc etc and don''t need to justify to some ****er why i didn''t choose to go to a match that as the team selection and performance proved was perhaps beneath the club too. I have no regrets.

is that ok with you ?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="canarygirl"]Sorry Ladies and Gents, but I am a season ticket holder and have been for many many years, I was very dissapointed at the poor turn out on Saturday, I am even more dissapointed at the string of excuses from fellow seaon ticket holders as to why they did not attend and support the team on Saturday![/quote]I suspect you''re on a wind-up but I''ll humour you.Our attendance was 18,087.  Over 2,000 were Orient fans granted but shall we have a quick look at some of the other crowds?Blackburn - 10,284Bolton - 13,120Bristol City - 11,378Burnley - 9,442Coventry - 8,162Doncaster - 8,616Fulham - 15,936Hull - 10,433Millwall - 9,841Preston - 9,636Reading - 13,005Sheffield United - 16,888Sunderland - 17,582Swansea - 7,005Watford - 8,950All these teams are in our league or above, some with considerably better-looking ties than ours, some similar and a couple slightly worse.  But we beat them all and was only about 600 less than Stoke''s attendance too.  I''m sure the likes of Coventry, Watford, Swansea, Blackburn and Bolton would have killed for a crowd like ours.I''m afraid this is another case of some fans taking our amazing support for granted - 18,000 for an FA Cup game against a run-of-the-mill League One side?  For most clubs this would be a great achievement but for us?  ''Tut tut... look at our fairweather supporters staying away".  Good grief, we''ve turned out in impressive numbers home and away, league and cup, for God knows how long now so I think it''s insulting to question anybody''s support of our club.  And yes, I did go, like I have for every single home game for over nine years - but I live, at most, 15 minutes walk from the ground, it''s no trouble for me and I hate the thought of not being at Carrow Road when a game''s on.  However I''m not going to claim some sort of mythical moral high ground just because I turned up to watch a fairly uninspiring game of football.See you at Sheffield United and Crystal Palace...?[/quote]

An intersting observation Graham, thankyou.

I think you make some very fair points, I was just very dissapointed that there were so many empty seats, but as you say perhaps we at Norwich are only reflecting the malaise in the football world with the FA cup and the foolish wages and hence cost of ticketing we have to suffer.

Canarygirl,

it''s been a long while since I''ve been called a young man! But thanks anyway. My boys and I live for City and would go to every game if our finances would stretch that far but such is life, mortgage and family come first. As I said before sorry that doesn''t fit Sparticus'' ''money is no object'' perfect world. I presume he must have home and away season tickets and go to every game so he can look down to us mere mortals!

[quote user="Davo"]I''m not a season ticket holder. I also didn''t go to the game. Therefore I must be a bad fan in your eyes. Good job I only care enough to write these three lines. Davo[/quote]

Cared to write 3 lines more than neccessary if the title of the thread is anything to go by. Just want to get into an argument if the second line is anything to go by. Third line is a load of rubbish if the fourth line is anything to go by.