Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

season ticket holders who didn't go today

[quote user="im spartacus"]do you consider orient in the 3rd round of the FA cup somewhat  beneath you ?[/quote]Yes, I''m sure that''s the sole reason that all the season ticket holders didn''t go today. Do you consider thinking a post through before making it?

Maybe you ought to consider the number of season ticket holders who are also exiled fans and today would probably have cost them £50 plus to come, per person. Considering it''s not long since Christmas and there is a recession on, I suggest you consider their financial circumstances before criticising them.I also know of several people who were planning to come but were ill so could not make it.Who are we to judge why certain season ticket holders did not attend?Had I not moved up to Norwich last summer, I doubt I would have come because of the additional cost.

personally i think season ticket holders should get a discount on cup games..

if under 16''s are a fiver, then i think season ticket hders should be too.... i spent 35 quid today to watch that load of cr**

IMO Season Ticket holders should get the 1st round that we play in e.g. 3rd fa cup and 1st carling cup for free included in their season ticket price if we play at home!

[quote user="im spartacus"]well i think its a fair enough question[/quote]

Doesn''t seem too many other people agree!  This attitude about being a ''real'' fan or somehow more of a fan because you''ve attended every game or more games than the next man is odd and pretty divisive.

Someone will always trump you, by attending every game home and away for instance..  or by having done so for the last 30 years.  Who cares?

Anyone with a season ticket can be considered commited in my book whether they tip up to a cup game or not.  Im sure lots of casual fans who were able go today because some season ticket holders didn''t use their seat were very pleased...  with the opportunity if not the result!

Do you have a season ticket i''m spartacus?I still have a season ticket even though im away at uni and cannot always make it back for games after xmas money was low so i didn''t go today im so sorry that i have bothered you by missing it!

As it''s a c340 mile round trip for me, costing well over £50 in petrol - and I did it on 28/12, 1/1 and will be doing it again on 15/1 - I decided to give it a miss, if that''s ok. I don''t see that as being too much of a problem.

Even if the game had been included in my season ticket I''d not have gone personally, but would have ensured my ticket was used.

Besides, 18k+ for an FA Cup game is pretty damned good.

There was something odd going on today.

I''m a ST holder in the Barclay Upper but my 10 year old decided he wanted to go today and see some of his friends in the ground so we joined the huge box office queue today at 2.40.

When we got in, I asked for two seats together in the Jarrold. Checking through each block of the entire stand with the guy serving me, there were only one pair of seats together available - in block O right next to the River End.

There were a sprinkling of single seats but no more than about 20. When we got in though and throughout the game there must''ve been at least 200 seats around us empty.

The availability he showed me for the River End and Main Stand didn''t seem to match the crowd either with loads more seats free.

I checked the Upper Barclay with him too and the screen told us my father-in-law hadn''t bought his usual seat but he got it about 2 weeks ago.

I spoke to the box office manager while we were waiting too and he reckoned at least 20,000 tickets were sold.

So, did about 2000 people who bought tickets not bother today - or is the casual ticketing system not perfect?

Well we stupid Bury Chaps went today although we anticipated correctly what the game would be like.

Other more sensible season ticket holders decided to stay away.

As Branston says 18000 plus is a damn good attendance.

Some people on here make some amazing thread starters and I assume like the sound of their own words

[quote user="im spartacus"]do you consider orient in the 3rd round of the FA cup somewhat  beneath you ?[/quote]

20 of 25 league games this season, and today I had a match off from my 250 mile round trip to the Fine City. Sorry my commitment to NCFC was in doubt today.

Who the hell is the OP to question anyone?? I pay for my season ticket year in year out despite having to work a majority of Saturday''s.

Games i''ve actually made despite me continuously paying for a season ticket are Watford, Barnsley, M''Boro, Palace, Ipswich, & QPR. Missing Swansea, Hull, Leicester, Burnley, Leeds, Pompey & Sheff U.

So out of of 13 Home games i''ve made 6, less than half yet I continue to pay for my season ticket because I can''t bear to give it up, i''d say that makes me a pretty damn loyal fan in all honesty

Lol WITS.

For the record, as a season ticket holder (Actually I buy 3) I didn''t fancy it today.

[:)]

I am indeed currently off the coast of Africa, but the fact I didn''t bother making the trip of several thousand miles for a cup game clearly makes me less of a fan.

[;)]

OP you are a d...  I have a season ticket and went, wish I hadnt . What busines of yours is it though

[quote user="morty"]

I am indeed currently off the coast of Africa, but the fact I didn''t bother making the trip of several thousand miles for a cup game clearly makes me less of a fan.

[;)]

[/quote]Clearly.......what a lightweight you are Morty !I wasn''t there today either but I''m OK '' cos I''ve got the lurgy and you know how bad it is when us blokes get '' man-flu ''..........

Yet another bull shit thread to go with the many ( people making big claims but really didn''t know b uggerALL!) that were on here yesterday!

18000 for an FA cup 3rd round tie against Leyton Orient is a very good ATT figure when you consider things like many people have to watch what they spend, our awful record in cup competitions, our poor atitude to cup games, many other clubs in the Championship don''t get that for League games and like other older fans I remember when 18000 was a good League crowd when we were in the top flight!

Its more than I thought was going to be at the game today!

Our excellent large fanbase which doesn''t get the credit it deserves outside East Anglia should never be critiscised! 

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]As it''s a c340 mile round trip for me, costing well over £50 in petrol - and I did it on 28/12, 1/1 and will be doing it again on 15/1 - I decided to give it a miss, if that''s ok. I don''t see that as being too much of a problem. Even if the game had been included in my season ticket I''d not have gone personally, but would have ensured my ticket was used. Besides, 18k+ for an FA Cup game is pretty damned good.[/quote]

+1 exactly the same scenario as me. I will be back up for the Cardiff game on 15th Jan.

Is that OK with you Spartacus???

I do apologise Spartacus. Perhaps next time you could pay for my ticket for me and go to work for me also, then I will happily attend.

does that mean that for casual fans the game was beneath them too?

Cause if a lot of season ticket holders didn''t go then surely our huge amount of casual fans would have filled the stadium.

I''m not a season ticket holder, i have to pick and choose when i can go through a mixture of work and costs.

I think 18k for a cup game is fantastic and i don''t care if you go to 1 game or a 100 games, you''re as much a fan as anyone else.

I went but in all honesty I would not rush back to another cup game at CR. Six wins in 16 seasons and three of then against non-league oppo tells me enough about the clubs love for the FA Cup.

*A waste of time and money*

[quote user="Captain Holt''s Derby Day Hat-Trick"]I''m an STH and I moved my seats for today just for a change of view for a game. Never again.[/quote/]I also moved from the Barcley to the cathedral lounge in the City Stand and spent the whole game regretting it, no room and no noise coupled with only one of our players (Wes) showing any passion made for a thoroughly depressing afternoon. Won''t be sitting in there again.