Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Cody hat-trick today

I know the saying goes you still have to beat what is put in front of you, but has anyone watched the goals on the BBC? I think most of us on here could have scored at least 2 against Stockport. They seems to be even worse than last year.

[quote user="Wandsworth Canary"]I know the saying goes you still have to beat what is put in front of you, but has anyone watched the goals on the BBC? I think most of us on here could have scored at least 2 against Stockport. They seems to be even worse than last year.[/quote]I must admit, having seen that it''s a bit disappointing he didn''t score about 12! Missed some really good chances.Still think he would be worth bringing back next year though - if we''re still in the Champ.; he has the ability to nick the ball & hit teams on the break & doesn''t allow opponents any rest. Good player to bring on when it''s tight & the other team are doing most of the attacking.

I thought he looked good on the highlights, also noticed a few of the clips shew him playing some lovely long passes out to the wing. Hopefully this year out is improving his general game, he looks very hungry for goals.

[quote user="Fr. Chewy Louie"]I really really really want Cody to do well with us, but I don''t think his all round game is likely to improve sufficiently. Happy to be wrong...[/quote]

I feel the same about Jackson and a few others but we still play them... LOL

All those saying Oli should have gone instead of Cody, do you not think that Gillingham might just have choosen Cody seeing as he is a similar type of player to Jackson?

I think it is very hard to judge Cody''s ability whilst he is in League Two, especially as I imagine most of us just see his name come up when he scores, or the brief highlight on FLS. Jackson was one of the top goal scorers in League One last year so judging like for like you would have to say he is the better player.

There are lots of people on this forum struggling with the concept of the difference in standard between League One and the Championship.

A lot of it probably has to do with our exceptional start to the season.

Cody McDonald and Oli Johnson would do no better than our current crop of players...however sending out McDonald was a masterstroke by Lambert as I feel it''ll improve his overall game and confidence.