Sign in to follow this  
nycanary

Seems like we're in 3rd place for Bellars

Seems that both Portsmouth (because they are willing to give Newcastle an option on Yakubu) and Blackburn (Mark Hughes / Wales connection), are ahead of us in the Bellamy stakes.

Even if Bellamy had a favorite, Newcastle is unlikely to care since they are not exactly ready to take his wishes into consideration.

Portsmouth 1st; Blackburn 2nd (Newcastle would see them as more viable to stay up and pay a fee at the end of the season); Norwich 3rd.

But let''s hope I''m wrong.

if all offers are the same, then newcastle wont care who he chooses and it will be his choice, he knows the city and has friends, i think we have a good chance.

Delia & Micky W J, are great admirers of the young upstart Beller''s, and they were ''chummy'' with him when he was "doing time" at Carra Rud.

It is faintly possible, that a move may materialise - as we are certainly due some good fortune after all the recent upheavals with injuries etc.

Also heard that Bentley will have to clean Bellamy''s boots!

"HERE''S HOPING"! OTBC..... ;~)

but that''s the point...all three offers are not equal. pompey''s one trumps both blackburn and norwich.

if i were newcastle and all three were willing to pay 100% of bellamy''s wages, then i''d go Pompey first (because they are willing to add the option on Yakubu), Bburn second and Norwich third. i''m not being defeatist -- just realistic.

but if there are other factors involved, then we can move up in the order.

I''m not so sure. Look at their league positions relative to Newcastle. Blackburn are 4 pts behind, Pompey 2 pts behind, Villa 2 pts ahead -- why loan a proven striker to your nearest competitors in the league, giving them an advantage, when they are the very teams against whom you are going to be jockeying for position come April?

Far better to loan to us since we pose no threat to Newcastle''s finishing position and Bellamy will be guaranteed a shop window for the rest of the season in which he can maximise a permanent transfer fee in the summer.

At least that''s what I''m hoping...