Sign in to follow this  
Rolf Harris

Norwich to Sign Ryan Harley from Exeter and George Boyd from Peterborough

On a rumour site,10 Jan 2011 10:10:34

Norwich to Sign Ryan Harley from Exeter and George Boyd from

Peterborough before the end of the week as Lambert thinks this will help

them secure Promotion to the EPLdiscus? think if true be good move but wouldn''t mind the other Peterborough striker coming as well

Both good players although would be a little strange if we were to sign them both as well as give Hoolahan a new contract as both payers are not totally disimmilar in style to Hoolahan from what i''ve seen of them. Has Boyd been playing for Posh this season?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Both good players although would be a little strange if we were to sign them both as well as give Hoolahan a new contract as both payers are not totally disimmilar in style to Hoolahan from what i''ve seen of them. Has Boyd been playing for Posh this season?[/quote]

also if we were to extend Lansbury''s loan, he is also in the creative mould

I know nothing about Harley but Boyd has been at Peterborough for some years signing from non-League Stevenage. He''s a skilful Hoolahan type player but went badly off the boil during Posh''s disastrous season in the Championship and was shipped out to Nottingham Forest where he played hardly at all under Billy Davies. He''s been in the Posh team again this season and seems to be coming back to a bit of form after a very indifferent. The Posh fans I know think he''s better than League One but can''t understand why he''s been playing so badly.I don''t think he''s add much to what we have already.Football aside, with a monicker like that it''s probably safe to say his parents had a soft spot for Culture Club back in the '' 80''s.............

Wiki Has Harley down as midfielder/defender so could that mean he might provide cover at FB as well as being an attacking midfielder? His scoring rate is impressive. Could be a useful addition if he has sufficient pace.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Steve Morrison or Charlie Austin please and a couple of quick wingers.[/quote]

No chance of getting Steve Morrison - he''ll go for c.£1.5m - £2m.

Charlie Austin is more feasible, but even he won''t go anywhere for less than £800k, probably more than that.

Harley and Boyd are admittedly Lambert-type targets, - lower divisions, aged 25-ish, reasonably pricedp and perhaps with a little potential improvement with maturity. (Harley struggled at first and was released by his present club, but has recently made good.)

It has to be said, however, that while they are good players at their level, with about 10 gaols a season each, they are hardly outstanding, and are certainly little better than we have in Hooly and discussed player, - Commons.

Firstly -- Morrison, Austin and Commons = no hope in hell. Millwall have said that they wouldn''t sell Morrison, even for £3m. Austin has a lot of suitors at the moment and is more likely to end up at QPR who will need a replacement for Mackie (also Austin is slooooow, we have plenty of slow strikers already). Commons is wanted by Rangers and some Premier League teams, will not choose to come here)

George Boyd is a great player, had a good season last year with Posh and is too good for League One. He has an attitude problem though but if he gets that sorted would be a great addition to our team. That being said he is a very similar player to Hoolahan and is certainly an area of the team we don''t need much extra (Martin has shown he can play in the role at the tip of the diamond).

As with all of Lambert''s signings so far we will probably only find out an hour or two before they sign on the preverbial dotted line.

There are many strikers which are realistic (sort of) which I reckon we should go for. Steve MorrisonIshmael Miller (or another out of favour Premier league youngster), e.g Swansea signing Luke Moore from WBA.Jordan RhodesCharlie AustinAdam Le FondreBoyd/McKail Smith/McLeanCristiano Ronaldo

[quote user="Barnett is King"]There are many strikers which are realistic (sort of) which I reckon we should go for. Steve MorrisonIshmael Miller (or another out of favour Premier league youngster), e.g Swansea signing Luke Moore from WBA.Jordan RhodesCharlie AustinAdam Le FondreBoyd/McKail Smith/McLeanCristiano Ronaldo[/quote]Whether the others on your list are realistic or not only time will tell but I''ll be very surprised if Aaron McLean ends up here.......he signed for Middlesbrough for £1.3 million less than a fortnight ago.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Whether the others on your list are realistic or not only time will tell but I''ll be very surprised if Aaron McLean ends up here.......he signed for Middlesbrough for £1.3 million less than a fortnight ago.[/quote]Hull I believe, but yeah. [:(]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Barnett is King"]There are many strikers which are realistic (sort of) which I reckon we should go for. Steve MorrisonIshmael Miller (or another out of favour Premier league youngster), e.g Swansea signing Luke Moore from WBA.Jordan RhodesCharlie AustinAdam Le FondreBoyd/McKail Smith/McLeanCristiano Ronaldo[/quote]Whether the others on your list are realistic or not only time will tell but I''ll be very surprised if Aaron McLean ends up here.......he signed for Middlesbrough for £1.3 million less than a fortnight ago.[/quote]I like it when people try to be clever... Hull city. [:)]

I can see the point about signing Cristiano Ronaldo, but if he but if he lands here I reckon everyone in the world will be puzzled for evermore. He would probably cost us at least £150million, after Real paid £80million for him, and I dread to think what his wages are.

There''s a new article on NewsNow suggesting that either Wolves or ourselves might be signing Leigh Griffiths. I think he is within range if Wolves don''t get there first, and someone a bit different for the front line.

Nothing may come of it but I thought I''d mention it!

Looking on that rumours page looks like we are bidding 250k for Brighton forward Ashley barnes.

Looks like he has scored a few goals, who knows normally rubbish on that site

[quote user="Barnett is King"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]Whether the others on your list are realistic or not only time will tell but I''ll be very surprised if Aaron McLean ends up here.......he signed for Middlesbrough for £1.3 million less than a fortnight ago.[/quote]Hull I believe, but yeah. [:(][/quote]Hull it was. Apologies

No worries. Also as we have now got the three Lambert wanted (in Barnett, Wilbraham and Tierny, assuming Barnett counts), does this mean that this thread is actually wrong?

[quote user="Barnett is King"]No worries. Also as we have now got the three Lambert wanted (in Barnett, Wilbraham and Tierny, assuming Barnett counts), does this mean that this thread is actually wrong?
[/quote]

I dont think Barnett counts, he was talking about 3 after Banett signed, then two more after Wilbraham