Sign in to follow this  
Brighton Yellow

TIERNEY SIGNING CONFIRMED!!

really dont think we need another LB. So far I havent been impressed with the signings of Wilbraham or Tierney but am willing to proved wrong. I wonder who our last signing will be now

I''m basing this on the fact that it was said we will "go for it" by the way, and I cant see how yet another LB and Wilbraham is "going for it"

This whole "going for it" thing I think is being pulled out of context. I got the impression that lambert was going to get a few lads in to help, and if we were in a good position when it came to the back straight, then we would "go for it" then. I took this to mean that, in around late feb / early march we would get a loan player or two in for the final push

i assume this is the same guy who tried to kill wes hoolahan at col utds ground last season with a karate kick and also said he would never

play for norwich city.if so he must of changed his mind welcome aboard marc tierney

What we need more than anything is somebody to give us that spark , Wes can give us that on occasions but we are crying out for a midfielder / winger who can give us that extra bit of flair .

Yet another unerwhelming signing , i thought we were going to strengthen for the final push but yet again its a lower league signing.

FFS give the lad a chance. Christ, I dread the thought that a percentage of you have either done or will at some point do jury service."HANG ''IM NEIL HE LOOKS GILLTY ABOWT SUFFEN DUNT HE?""WULL NEIL, ASS LIKE THEY SAY HINTUT, NEW SMUK WITHOUT FIRE HINTUT""WE FIND THE DEFENDUNT GILLTY YER ''ONNER"*prepares black cap*

[quote user="Wxyz"]Yet another unerwhelming signing , i thought we were going to strengthen for the final push but yet again its a lower league signing.
[/quote]OH DEAR!!!! nuff said

Whos this mythical experienced, driven, hardworking, hungry creative flair merchant either out of contract, nearly out of contract, on a free or available for the few quid we''ve clearly got to spare. Name names please.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Wxyz"]Yet another unerwhelming signing , i thought we were going to strengthen for the final push but yet again its a lower league signing.[/quote]OH DEAR!!!! nuff said[/quote]I think Jackson , Wilbraham and Oli Johnson are nuff said , all proving to be not good enough .

[quote user="mikewalker"]Whos this mythical experienced, driven, hardworking, hungry creative flair merchant either out of contract, nearly out of contract, on a free or available for the few quid we''ve clearly got to spare. Name names please.
[/quote]lol, isnt every club looking for this player[Y]

[quote user="Wxyz"]Yet another unerwhelming signing , i thought we were going to strengthen for the final push but yet again its a lower league signing.
[/quote]

Let''s just see how he plays for us first. We''re 3rd and have signed some people to help - they might not be names like Lansbury, but that doesn''t mean they won''t get us promoted. PL hasn''t done much wrong so far - it can''t be much of a gamble either as Tierney''s contract was up in summer so won''t be expensive I''d imagine. We''ve had Lappin in for a while playing out of position at LB and should Drury get injured again I''d rather play a LB like Tierney than Lappin (as well as he has done there, he''s looked vulnerable for sure). Like I said, I know he''s not a Premier League player or anything, but it doesn''t mean we''re not strengthening..

Ticks all the boxes for me,Hungry, driven, plenty of experience, played for Lambert before so must be a decent character.Frees up Lappin to go back into midfield and take the left sided burden off Hoolahan and Surman (when he returns), also possibly allows Stevie Smith to get into midfield.If they can get him playing anywhere near Russell Martins standards then were sorted for nails capable fullbacks for the next couple years.

[quote user="Wxyz"]Yet another unerwhelming signing , i thought we were going to strengthen for the final push but yet again its a lower league signing.[/quote]

People said the same thing about Ollie Johnson, yet he came up with same massive goals for us last season, namely the Southend game.

Don''t judge them before they''ve had a few games for us.

Strange one when we''ve already got Drury, Lappin and Smith who can play at LB although I suspect the club maybe aren''t telling us all about Smiths injury?

Another very underwhelming lower League signing but Lamberts done well shopping in these Leagues before!

[quote user="Wxyz"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Wxyz"]Yet another unerwhelming signing , i thought we were going to strengthen for the final push but yet again its a lower league signing.
[/quote]OH DEAR!!!! nuff said[/quote]

I think Jackson , Wilbraham and Oli Johnson are nuff said , all proving to be not good enough .
[/quote]brilliant, this just shows how little you know about football!!!!

LETS START WITH Jackson,as any player will tell you, you need a good run in the side same for Oli and Oli got some very important goals(or have u forgot already??) And how the feck can you judge Wilbraham after a few games lol...i went saturday and thought he done ok layed some good stuff off, just Martin was having one of those games and made the layoffs look poor...as previously stated OH DEAR!!!

To all those who are criticisng the people who are a little dissapointed by the signing...can I just say for me, it isn''t the fact he has come from league 1 or not a big name, I know we are not made of money, I just can''t see why we need all these left backs..Drury is back and looking good, Smith is meant to be back early 2011, so any time now and Lappin may not be amazing at LB but we can do a job, I just thought the money could be used better elsewhere; but as I said I am willing to proved wrong. ''In Lambert we trust''

Although underwhelmed I tend to agree with you!

Would much rather sign a player hungry whos grateful for the chance coming from a much smaller club in a lower Division than a former Premier League player past his best looking to top up his pension!

Well nobody should get into pre judgement before he gets a few matches under his belt. Saying he is only a lague 1 quality player is wrong considering the squad we have is maily built out of lower league players but have made the grade. my only concern is the fact he is a left back as we have three players who can play there and the only reason i can see this as a good sining is if Lambert indends him to be a long term replacement for Adam Dury who is the best left back we have. Dury will be 34 at the start of next season and Marc Tierney will be 26

Trust Mr Lambert gentlemen, he has done a wonderful job for the club and of course for dear Delia and Micheal since he has been here.

Official site a bit weird.

In the article about Tierney it says he will become the third signing . . . . . .

Have they made a misstake or is there something they are not telling us?

Or perhaps they are hoping we wont notice and not want anymore players in.

So far I thought we had signed: Wilbraham now Tierney . . . .

[quote user="chicken"]Official site a bit weird. In the article about Tierney it says he will become the third signing . . . . . . Have they made a misstake or is there something they are not telling us? Or perhaps they are hoping we wont notice and not want anymore players in. So far I thought we had signed: Wilbraham now Tierney . . . .[/quote]

and Barnett

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[quote user="Wxyz"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Wxyz"]Yet another unerwhelming signing , i thought we were going to strengthen for the final push but yet again its a lower league signing.
[/quote]OH DEAR!!!! nuff said[/quote]

I think Jackson , Wilbraham and Oli Johnson are nuff said , all proving to be not good enough .
[/quote]brilliant, this just shows how little you know about football!!!!

LETS START WITH Jackson,as any player will tell you, you need a good run in the side same for Oli and Oli got some very important goals(or have u forgot already??) And how the feck can you judge Wilbraham after a few games lol...i went saturday and thought he done ok layed some good stuff off, just Martin was having one of those games and made the layoffs look poor...as previously stated OH DEAR!!!

[/quote]

True.

Why mention Oli, Wilbraham and Jackson and ignore how good Russell, Crofts, Ward and Barnett have been, as well as Ruddy. McNamee has been good impact player and Zak is looking great if he stays fit.

Oli is still young and has to learn things he''s missed in non league footy, Wilbraham has had a few games and Jackson does need a run of games. Let''s just give these boys a real chance and some confidence and not forget where we are at the moment.. we''re on a great run too so let''s not panic about not signing the next Fabregas etc. PL has proved he knows what he''s doing..